2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I personally disagree, but I have stated that I don't believe Kyler is capable of leading a team to a Super Bowl unless he significantly improved in areas which I didn't think he could. I view Kyler (to this point) as empty calories. He can win regular season games but not big, post-season ones.

Just saying if Kyler had the same study habits and commitment level but could see the field better it still takes him from top-12 to top-8ish.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You know colleges love to exaggerate their athletes’ frame & it shows he’s 6’1 from everywhere I’ve looked.

6’1” isn’t big for a QB but Kyler looks like a shrimp out there especially in the pocket. Caleb is also stronger and wont go down as easy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's like we're sharing a brain now...hahahaha
The tough part for scouts, IMO, is they assume the boring skills (or common skills) are easy to learn. If Caleb can make a 35 yard pass down the field while backpedaling away from defenders outside of the pocket, of course he can read a defense, hang in the pocket with a guy in his face, and deliver an on-time out route. I mean, undraftable college QBs do that all of the time.

and I would argue that some of these guys don't want to or can't learn how to play that way.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The tough part for scouts, IMO, is they assume the boring skills (or common skills) are easy to learn. If Caleb can make a 35 yard pass down the field while backpedaling away from defenders outside of the pocket, of course he can read a defense, hang in the pocket with a guy in his face, and deliver an on-time out route. I mean, undraftable college QBs do that all of the time.
This is why there are reports that his coaches are frustrated with him...and he isn't talking to media. It feels like he's tuning out Kliff and Riley, much like Kyler tuned out Kliff. It honestly could be why Riley brought Kliff in, thinking a change of who Williams works with could get through to him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Just saying if Kyler had the same study habits and commitment level but could see the field better it still takes him from top-12 to top-8ish.
He was probably in that group already before pulling back from Kliff. Consistency in a pro QB isn’t physical; it’s entirely committing to a process.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He was probably in that group already before pulling back from Kliff. Consistency in a pro QB isn’t physical; it’s entirely committing to a process.

And that’s he’ll never be top-5 but you give him 3-4 inches and he’s a better passer.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the back and forth between Williams and Maye is crazy now I can't wait for next February and March, leading up to the Draft. Especially if we have the #1 pick. Probably start with:
A. Williams
B. Maye
C. Trade

It will be, beyond crazy. JMO.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If the back and forth between Williams and Maye is crazy now I can't wait for next February and March, leading up to the Draft. Especially if we have the #1 pick. Probably start with:
A. Williams
B. Maye
C. Trade

I just can’t see a situation where we’re sitting at the top of the draft with 2-3 elite QB prospects and not coming away with one of them. A franchise QB making about $8-9 mil a year is too good for the ownership and FO to pass up.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A. Williams
B. Maye
C. Trade

I can tell you how it goes. Some people will want Caleb and others will want Drake. The Cardinals will draft Caleb. The people who wanted Drake will say it was a mistake. The people who wanted Caleb will call them haters and indirectly not cardinals fans. 4 years later when Caleb flames out and Drake is great, the Drake supporters will say "see, we were right". The Caleb supporters will respond "hindsight is 20/20".

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I can tell you how it goes. Some people will want Caleb and others will want Drake. The Cardinals will draft Caleb. The people who wanted Drake will say it was a mistake. The people who wanted Caleb will call them haters and indirectly not cardinals fans. 4 years later when Caleb flames out and Drake is great, the Drake supporters will say "see, we were right". The Caleb supporters will respond "hindsight is 20/20".

Let’s take Michael Penix Jr to avoid this scenario,

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
You're definitely correct here.

I'm a Drake Maye guy, but I'd be happy with Caleb as well.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
A couple of other names, Grayson McCall and Michael Pratt. This is going to be one of the deepest QB classes in years.

My only concern, the guys at the top (Williams, Maye, Pennix Jr) all play in shotgun offenses so they'll have to adjust to taking snaps under center and performing 3 - 5 - 7 step drops.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake