2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My only concern, the guys at the top (Williams, Maye, Pennix Jr) all play in shotgun offenses so they'll have to adjust to taking snaps under center and performing 3 - 5 - 7 step drops.
It’s 2023. All the top QBs in the NFL like Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, etc, all played in shotgun offenses in college, lol.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I’m curious how you would play this.

Let’s say hypothetical, Kyler balls out and Gannon wants to keep him.

Do you draft MHJ at 1 and trade 2? Or trade 1 and get some assurance the other team will be picking Williams or Maye?

It may be moot; the trade package for one of the elite QBs might very well be the same regardless of pick 1 or pick 2. And the money isn’t appreciably different.

Personally I just pick my guy at 1 and work from there.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
People are going to roast this organization, but if I’m a QB needy that’s predicted to be awful like the Raiders, Rams, Bucs, etc, I pray this doesn’t happen. If we end up with the #1 pick, we’re drafting Maye. Those teams are stuck with the other prospects that are a tier below him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Staying in school is not a great option.

1. You lose out on 8-10m plus interest on overall contract dollars.
2. You risk injury
3. The worst teams pick first every year - that is going to be the same next year.

The only hope he would have is to get a "good franchise" to trade up for him.

Bottom line - his Dad isn't wrong tho.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I’m curious how you would play this.

Let’s say hypothetical, Kyler balls out and Gannon wants to keep him.

Do you draft MHJ at 1 and trade 2? Or trade 1 and get some assurance the other team will be picking Williams or Maye?

In that scenario, I trade the #1 and get a boatload of picks/players.

Hopefully, stay in the top 5-10.

Draft Harrison #2 and hope to get Jared Verse or the best OL.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
People are going to roast this organization, but if I’m a QB needy that’s predicted to be awful like the Raiders, Rams, Bucs, etc, I pray this doesn’t happen. If we end up with the #1 pick, we’re drafting Maye. Those teams are stuck with the other prospects that are a tier below him.

Not if he plays like he did in game 1.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trubisky had good college tape for one season, which ended up being part of the problem similar to Kyler. It is rare an athlete can learn to be a QB at the NFL level. Experience at the college level should count for a lot more than it does.

The issue with Caleb is that what he is being credited for doesn't translate to the NFL. It is very tough to consistently win with a QB who plays outside of offensive structure. Caleb wow plays are just that. He is not making tight window throws. Hanging in the pocket under pressure. He is not making throws with defenders at his feet. He is not playing with timing and rhythm. Those are what works at the NFL level. The outside of structure stuff can win games at times, but not consistently.
That's literally one of Mahomes best attributes. :confused:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mahomes is incredible in-structure though.
Sure, but there are plenty of examples of QBs that used their feet to buy time and make 'unscripted' plays work.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Not if he plays like he did in game 1.
I watched that game.

Maye didn't have an outstanding game, but you have to evaluate him based on:

1) The players around him
2) The players he played against
3) The types of throws he makes

Carolina isn't a super talented team. I'd say their talent level is akin to ASUs (maybe a bit better), but South Carolina is definitely a lot more talented.

Maye made more big time throws than any QB in college football last year as a first year starter. He's got good size, presence, big time arm, and moves extremely well for a bigger QB.