2nd & 3rd Round Draft Thread

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I am waiting for this quote from Whiz and Graves:

" He was the top rated player on our board, only 5 slots behind Floyd. We love his passion and physicality from the CB position. We almost took him over Floyd."

Uhh huh.....

Kent Somers ‏ @kentsomers Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
As expected, graves, whiz say they didn't want to reach for a need. Fleming was rated too highly to pass up

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on needs I want us to draft an OT, OLB and RB at this point, Add a Punter and ILBer and all is good.

Having said all of this I'm still good with us going BPA the rest of the way. Just home some of my perceived needs are addressed.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For everyone who complains we aren't taking an O-lineman and going after BPA I don't want to see you complain about Levi Brown and how we could have had Adrian Peterson.

Do you believe Massie is a reach at 80? Which position is of greater need to the Cards? OT or CB?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I am waiting for this quote from Whiz and Graves:

" He was the top rated player on our board, only 5 slots behind Floyd. We love his passion and physicality from the CB position. We almost took him over Floyd."

yup....

Kent Somers ‏ @kentsomers Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Whiz, Graves have mentioned several times how physical Fleming is, how well he tackles in space.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Based on needs I want us to draft an OT, OLB and RB at this point, Add a Punter and ILBer and all is good.

Having said all of this I'm still good with us going BPA the rest of the way. Just home some of my perceived needs are addressed.

The punter that was so highly thought of here going in round 3 shows how well informed the posters on ASFN are.

Something similar may have been posted earlier in this thread but I'm too lazy to read through all the posts to find the comments on the kid.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
As the OL goes, so goes this team. We don't just need depth at OT, we probably need a legit contributor, not a project. Not gonna get those in the later rounds. I am trying to get behind this pick, but after this round, this realistically is our starting line...

Bridges, Snyder, Sendelin, Colledge, Brown

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
The whole draft is a crap shoot. There's a reason Massie and the others are still on the board.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Do you believe Massie is a reach at 80? Which position is of greater need to the Cards? OT or CB?

Considering our starting CB is coming off a knee injury, I'd say they were about even

I would've taken Massie but I'm not complaining

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals do not value the offensive line as much as many fans. IMO, they must feel they can get an average offensive lineman later in the draft that can do the job.

I do like the BPA focus.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals do not value the offensive line as much as many fans. IMO, they must feel they can get average offensive lineman can do the job and can be had later in the draft.

I do like the BPA focus.

I'd be thrilled with "average".

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Didn't like the pick when it was announced, but like every other pick in the history of the organization, took me about 5 minutes to rationalize being excited about it. He was the top rated player on our board, fits our system well, and was slotted right around where we took him (and given the system fit, I'm sure we had him rated much higher).

Still plenty of good picks and good players out there for us to keep getting better tomorrow!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering our starting CB is coming off a knee injury, I'd say they were about even

I would've taken Massie but I'm not complaining

Agree this pick is great insurance for the Toler injury but we don't even have a somewhat productive OT coming off injury. We have Brown and not much else. A much greater need in my opinion.

azfan43

Rookie
Reaction score
My thinking on all of this has me sitting nice and easy, not mad at all. Considering that, this past season, we fielded one first-round OT who sucked, and a 6th round OT who sucked, that is the difference between drafting one in 3rd or 4th? Chill out people.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
and as many have stated, there is obviously something wrong with Massie for him to still be on the board, something the teams have learned that the draft mags and experts did not have access to

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As the OL goes, so goes this team. We don't just need depth at OT, we probably need a legit contributor, not a project. Not gonna get those in the later rounds. I am trying to get behind this pick, but after this round, this realistically is our starting line...

Bridges, Snyder, Sendelin, Colledge, Brown

Brown played well at the end of last year.

Syder is an upgrade. Colledge/Sendlein are solid.

We need a RT and depth. If we take 2 OTs in this draft, odds are one of them will be an upgrade over Bridges. Not like those are big shoes to fill.

Im fine with Potter, Reynolds or Datko in the 4th. Good picks. And at this rate, It looks like Massie and Sanders will be there. There has to be something wrong with MAssie.

Medical possibly.