4 thru 7 Round Draft Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After drafting Floyd, Fleming and Massie, I feel the Cardinals are drafting from a position of power. I'm liking it.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏ @Cardschatter
"New T Bobby Massie said he didn't know why he lasted so long. "It just makes me hungry" to work"

Now that's music to my ears. I guess we had a 2nd rounder after all!

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Cards need to stock up on laxative for Massie. He should be a "blast" in the locker room!

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Joe Looney is a good pick for the 9ers.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Kolb should be happy:

Kent Somers Tweet
Massie: "I really don't know too much about AZ. I know they throw the ball a lot. I keep the quarterback upright

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited the Cardinals have signed three quality players to fill needs without having to move around.

Congratulations to the Cardinals war room. :thumbup:

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
Wonder if Giants or GB would be interested in our 5th & 1 of the 6th's to get up in the 4th to take Lewis?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
More:

OVERALL FOOTBALL TRAITS
Production 2 "2009: (13/5) 2010: (12/12) 2011: (12/12) "

Height-Weight-Speed 1 "Excellent blend of height, weight and top-end speed. Small hands (9 inches) but excellent arm length (35 inches) "

Durability 1 Appeared in every game of collegiate career and ended on a 29-game starting streak.

Intangibles 2 The ability to provide for his mother played a role in his decision to declare for the draft. Sees football as a vehicle to change life for the better. Has improved diet since declaring for the draft.

1 = EXCEPTIONAL2 = ABOVE AVERAGE3 = AVERAGE4 = BELOW AVERAGE5 = MARGINAL
OFFENSIVE TACKLE SPECIFIC TRAITS
Pass Protection 2 Above-average upside in this area. Sets too high and gets knocked off balance by power rush but ability to recover from initial power surge and reset is excellent. Protects the edge well even though initial quickness is just average. Effective kick step and appears to have long arms on film. Flashes the ability to knock edge rushers off balance with punch though needs to be more consistent in delivering it. While can redirect once locked on can overset to the outside and get beat to the inside at the snap of the ball. Top-heavy and vulnerable to pull moves.

Run Blocking 2 Quick enough to get into position and drives legs. Footwork could be crisper but has lateral mobility and balance to develop into an effective zone blocker. Washes defenders down the line when extends arms but fails to lock out at times. Doesn't generate enough surge as a drive blocker. Doesn't deliver a violent initial punch or roll hips on contact. Plays high. Leans and spends a little too much time on the ground. Engulfs linebackers when he can reach them but angles are inconsistent and has some problems adjusting to moving targets in space.

Awareness 3 Keeps head up and locates assignments when asked to combo block up to the second level. Appears to make sound pre-snap reads and can be seen pointing out assignment on film. Picks up blitzes and line stunts when keeps head on a swivel but can over commit at the snap and get caught out of position.

Toughness 3 Appears to have a short memory and negative plays don't snowball. Doesn't back down in phone booth and effort is average but more of a positional blocker than a mauler. Doesn't show enough of a mean streak and not a finisher. Benched 225 22 times at the combine but arm length has to be taken into consideration and upper body strength appears above average on film.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I'm excited the Cardinals have signed three quality players to fill needs without having to move around.

Congratulations to the Cardinals war room. :thumbup:

They must be working out on that new machine called "gonads of steel". They stood their ground didn't panic and still got their guy. That must have been some anxious minutes right before that pick.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would go back to OL in the 5th. We could use some youth on the inside.

Pass rusher or D-line depth would be cool, too.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They must be working out on that new machine called "gonads of steel". They stood their ground didn't panic and still got their guy. That must have been some anxious minutes right before that pick.

I'm really liking the Cardinals waiting for the BPA to fall in their laps while other teams go chasing windmills and let these players fall to the Cardinals.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Guys I still like for the 5th round, and let me preface this, in the 5th round and beyond I am just looking for straight up talent.

OT - Zebrie Sanders - Florida St. (I wouldn't mind taking another linemen)

OG - James Brown - Troy (Super Aggressive LT who should be playing Guard)
OG - Luke Nix - Pitt

WR - Juron Criner - Arizona (why not draft another WR, we could use some talent at #5 WR.)

DL - Billy Winn - Boise St
DL - Jared Crick - Nebraska taken by texans

OLB - Jonathan Massaquoi - Troy

CB - Alfonso Dennard - Nebraska (I know he has some character issues but in the 5th round I would be willing to take a chance on talent alone)

S - George Iloka - Boise St

Last edited:

nooch

Veteran
Reaction score
I like the safety from Boise St. George Iloka for us with our next pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With four remaining picks I wonder if the Cardinals look at RB or even a QB. A linebacker and another offensive lineman would be nice. I'll leave these calls to the Cardinals FO as they are doing well. :)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Andrew Datko. Use this year's 5th like they did with Schoefield and let Datko get healthy. He's a late 1st/2nd round talent when healthy.

Michael Brewster from OSU would also be very good value. He was not far off from Mangold at OSU.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With four remaining picks I wonder if the Cardinals look at RB or even a QB. A linebacker and another offensive lineman would be nice. I leave these calls to the Cardinals FO.
RB seems like a good possibility. We don't want to repeat the Chester Taylor situation.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
Denard is trouble IMO. The bar fight was bad enough but it took 4 policeman to subdue him after he struck the first officer on the scene.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05