5 things I would do with Matt Leinart as the starter.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. Run the ball alot.

2. Call a bunch of drag routes. Send everyone deep except for Boldin or Fitz and then drag one of them accross the middle. Safe, good yardage play.

3. Bootlegs-Leinart throws a great ball rolling left.

4. Take some deep shots down the field.

5. Throw the fade to Fitzgerald and Boldin. I think as much as Warner has burned his bridges with the turnovers, he has equally burned his bridges with his inability to use our big recievers properly. Anyone else see what Carson Palmer did with TJ Houza (whatever his last name is). Lobbed the ball up and let him jump over the smaller defensive back. Warner never, ever does this and its just stupid not to take advantage of our superior size at wide reciever. We should throw a fade everytime we are in the endzone to Fitzgerald. He comes down with those an alarming number of times.

Bring on Leinart!!!!

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont think i would do a single one of those things.

Run the same plays, same pass/rush.

Leinart will see James in the flat unlike Warner. This, done enough times will bring up the LB's and open our receivers.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
You need to post more. I love reading your stuff. You have some great insight!!!!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Either or:

1. Bench him in favor of Warner

2. Failing that, take out a gazillion dollar life insurance policy on him.

3. Establish a 100:0 Run/Pass ratio.

4. Repeatedly punt on first down (and hope our defense and special teams will generate points).

5. Give Big an Uzi

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Either or:

1. Bench him in favor of Warner

2. Failing that, take out a gazillion dollar life insurance policy on him.

3. Establish a 100:0 Run/Pass ratio.

4. Repeatedly punt on first down (and hope our defense and special teams will generate points).

5. Give Big an Uzi

LOL those of you who think Leinart cant pass are about to get an education assuming he starts next week.

You will see a QB that can hit the hot route and the RB in the flat.

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
1. Run the ball alot.

2. Call a bunch of drag routes. Send everyone deep except for Boldin or Fitz and then drag one of them accross the middle. Safe, good yardage play.

3. Bootlegs-Leinart throws a great ball rolling left.

4. Take some deep shots down the field.

5. Throw the fade to Fitzgerald and Boldin. I think as much as Warner has burned his bridges with the turnovers, he has equally burned his bridges with his inability to use our big recievers properly. Anyone else see what Carson Palmer did with TJ Houza (whatever his last name is). Lobbed the ball up and let him jump over the smaller defensive back. Warner never, ever does this and its just stupid not to take advantage of our superior size at wide reciever. We should throw a fade everytime we are in the endzone to Fitzgerald. He comes down with those an alarming number of times.

Bring on Leinart!!!!

5. do the same with Pope. Wasn't that the big plan when he was drafted?

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
on the cardinals? are you sure? im not sure us cardinal fans knows what that looks like. :)

Tim

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more about the fade routes. I would throw 3-5 balls a game that Fitz or Boldin could go up and get. Those passes, when properly underthrown, are extremely difficult to defend.

I think it is hilarious that people are so scared to start a guy who is widely considered one of the most NFL ready QB's in forever, who stayed for his senior year of college, who played in countless big games, and who is known for making good decisions over an aging QB who is more recently known for holding the ball too long, fumbling a lot, and making poor decisions in the red zone. Kurt will make a great backup and mentor to Matt if he chooses.