Adrian Wilson injured

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If its a biceps tear it peace out time for Wilson, for that is an injury that is oft to reoccur.

Is it possible that he has overtrained/over developed his muscles? He is so big and such a beast physically.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't think Osi would change the dynamic of this team? We suddenly would be feared in the pass rush. But, hey, I know, Shane, you'd rather have Clark Haggans be the LDE in passing situations, because he's yours and the FO's better fit.

As per usual you ignore the fact that Osi is a 4-3 DE who has never played in a 3-4 and more than likely couldn't play in a 3-4. You also disregard his kneee issues.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Welp, sounds like Wilson's season is over. It's a shame this team has no depth at SS.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
His patience will eventually pay off because someone like the Cards will have to pay him. Only question is he a Strong Safety or FS? Seems to have the size you want for a SS.

Goldson played FS in Frisco. Not sure how he would fit into Horton's system at SS.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
RJ SUCKS!!!! I can't count how many times he was out of position during last years games. He can't time a thrown pass worth a pint of you know what, he runs around like a spaz during the game and he dives at feet when trying to tackle.

If you are betting one penny on RJ being anything other than a useless body on the field you are a fool who will lose their penny.

I've seen enough tape to see that he can practice well, but is lost come game day.

This is a HUGE HIT to the defense.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not good at all. Come on Cards sign Goldson. The guy can bring it.

Matt Ware...Give me a break....

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Shades of hearing about Marcel Shipp destroying his knee on the turf up in Flagstaff in 2004. Demoralizing

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Let's hope for the best, He is the heartbeat and the best of all things Cardinal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and a secondary that was already questionable just got a lot more terrifying.

keep telling yourself that players aren't more susceptible to injuries as they get older every time I talk about how many IFs there are on this team.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
DWASH may be the closest thing to AW we have in the middle. Don't know if he can wrap his mind around SS?

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
Another 5-11 season.......

I love Adrian Wilson but he is not the key to our season. He may be worth one extra win if that so if you were thinking 6-10 to being with then you may be on to something, but there is a reason safties dont get big dollars in this league they are replaceable and very rarely difference makers, that being said I think he was in for a big year in the box he struggles in space so I dont think we will miss him in coverage but we will in the run game.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Another 5-11 season.......

If our overall record hinges on the health of our SS, then we simply don't have a good team. I don't think the potential loss of AW is going to destroy the team. Coaches will simply have to find ways to compensate

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Wilson is/was going to play one of the more significant roles in Horton's defense. Awful news if the worst comes true.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If our overall record hinges on the health of our SS, then we simply don't have a good team. I don't think the potential loss of AW is going to destroy the team. Coaches will simply have to find ways to compensate

when you're coming off a horrendous season, the line between being good and being bad is likely a razor sharp one. losing one of our only impact players on a defense that was awful last year and is bringing back a lot of the same players, or complete question marks could hurt the balance this team probably thinks it solved by fixing the offense.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
when you're coming off a horrendous season, the line between being good and being bad is likely a razor sharp one. losing one of our only impact players on a defense that was awful last year and is bringing back a lot of the same players, or complete question marks could hurt the balance this team probably thinks it solved by fixing the offense.

IMO, Adrian Wilson isn't an impact player any more. Can't remember the last time he was. Maybe the Super Bowl season. He still makes some plays, but since he's cooled the jets on blowing up tight ends and guys going over the middle, he hasn't been a force. Teams last year were preferring to pick on him than Michael Adams.

Wilson isn't the kind of player that you can build your defense around. The problem is that he was maybe the closest thing you could build your defense around. Patrick Peterson better be pretty good, very soon.

Also, I don't think we should panic about this injury until we know that it's bad. Wilson wasn't going to play much in the preseason, anyway.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, Adrian Wilson isn't an impact player any more. Can't remember the last time he was. Maybe the Super Bowl season. He still makes some plays, but since he's cooled the jets on blowing up tight ends and guys going over the middle, he hasn't been a force. Teams last year were preferring to pick on him than Michael Adams.

Wilson isn't the kind of player that you can build your defense around. The problem is that he was maybe the closest thing you could build your defense around. Patrick Peterson better be pretty good, very soon.

Also, I don't think we should panic about this injury until we know that it's bad. Wilson wasn't going to play much in the preseason, anyway.

every one from Urban to Somers is suspecting a tear and any doctor will tell you (and already have told me) if that's what it is, that means he's done for the year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
every one from Urban to Somers is suspecting a tear and any doctor will tell you (and already have told me) if that's what it is, that means he's done for the year.

That's fine. I understand that's a bad injury, but we don't know IF tha's the injury. So why stress out now?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was Bob Sanders of the Colts who missed basically 2 seasons with torn bicep

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Depends on the degree of the tear. If it is a partial tear, he might be out 4 weeks +/-. If it's a complete tear, he's most likely done for the season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the degree of the tear. If it is a partial tear, he might be out 4 weeks +/-. If it's a complete tear, he's most likely done for the season.

yeah, i'm hoping it's the former.