Alex Len

Errntknght

Reaction score
We saw two different Robin Lopezes while he was here - it was hard to believe they were the same guy, the difference was so great. It might have been his back problems but to me it seemed more mental than anything. Since his trade he seems to be more the better half but I'm not wanting him back because I'm afraid he'd revert in Phoenix.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We saw two different Robin Lopezes while he was here - it was hard to believe they were the same guy, the difference was so great. It might have been his back problems but to me it seemed more mental than anything. Since his trade he seems to be more the better half but I'm not wanting him back because I'm afraid he'd revert in Phoenix.

Agreed. Although I'm not sure his last year was all that we seem to think it was. I know their fans were pretty fed up with him at times and these trade rumors probably didn't come out of nowhere. His problem has always been between the ears and I don't see that changing any time soon. As a backup center, he's slightly above average but as a starting center he's near the bottom of the barrel. And he doesn't start looking any better just because our starting center packed it in last year. All that proved is that Gortat is capable of playing down to Robin's level.

Steve

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Was it injury related? I know this, Channing Frye's shooting was injury related in 11/12. I was also very pleased with Frye's defensive aggressiveness as well as rebounding in that year. He did NOT just stand at the 3pt line. In fact, Frye had a huge impact positively on the offensive spacing. If he could come back into pre injury form this has a chance to be a decent, exciting line up.

Dragic, Marshall
Goodwin, Dudley
Tucker, Morris, Johnson
Frye, Morris
Gortat, Len

Yes, I know, I am assuming about Goodwin's abilities by plugging him into the line up. But he is already a good defender and shows very good ability as a slasher, so I don't mind giving the kid a shot. If Frye's shooting returns, it really adds to the spacing and opens things up for everyone else.

I don't know what to do with Beasley, Brown, and Scola. I assume Scola will be traded. Beasley is here. Its a shame really, a player with his skill set would be perfect for this roster. But a brain is necessary.

Boy is next year going to be miserable. If the team is bad, everyone will complain about how bad we are. If we are good, then there will be the howls about how we are never bad enough at the right time.

There will be no pleasing anyone.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it injury related? I know this, Channing Frye's shooting was injury related in 11/12. I was also very pleased with Frye's defensive aggressiveness as well as rebounding in that year. He did NOT just stand at the free throw line. In fact, Frye had a huge impact positively on the offensive spacing. If he could come back into pre injury form this has a chance to be a decent, exciting line up.

Dragic, Marshall
Goodwin, Dudley
Tucker, Morris, Johnson
Frye, Morris
Gortat, Len

Yes, I know, I am assuming about Goodwin's abilities by plugging him into the line up. But he is already a good defender and shows very good ability as a slasher, so I don't mind giving the kid a shot. If Frye's shooting returns, it really adds to the spacing and opens things up for everyone else.

I don't know what to do with Beasley, Brown, and Scola. I assume Scola will be traded. Beasley is here. Its a shame really, a player with his skill set would be perfect for this roster. But a brain is necessary.

Boy is next year going to be miserable. If the team is bad, everyone will complain about how bad we are. If we are good, then there will be the howls about how we are never bad enough at the right time.

I think we're going to be the worst team in the NBA so I'm not too worried about your scenario. The lineup/roster you've suggested will be the worst outside shooting team in perhaps the history of the league and that is not exaggeration to make a point. Even if Len turns out to be clearly the best player out of this draft I can't see us winning 30 games.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns fan community has simply turned awful.

The boards are filled with irrational haters, can't argue objectively, can't argue at all.

They will just find players and turn them into scapegoats and continue hating on them at every little chance they get see Lopez, Brooks, Beasley, Marshall, Brown etc. phrazbits annoying hating on Beasley is the best example, he makes it personal pretty much instead of rooting for Phoenix Suns players to develop he just point blank hates on whoever does not suit him.

Or they will irrationally love players.

Lopez never was as bad as the idiots on here claimed at every chance, by ever objective measure he was just as productive and even more efficient than Gortat on a per minute basis and last year he had a better year than Marcin.

What a joke. My "irrational hating" of Beasley turned out to be a 100% accurate prediction of how he would play. My next "irrational" prediction... the sun will rise tomorrow and you will continue to fawn over trash players.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Was it injury related? I know this, Channing Frye's shooting was injury related in 11/12. I was also very pleased with Frye's defensive aggressiveness as well as rebounding in that year.

Well, as nice as it would be for Frye to come back, I doubt his heart condition will allow it. Regardless, he's not worth his cost anyway, so I'd be glad to get rid of him.

Totally disagree with you. We're going to be awful, as many other bad teams had good drafts, and are making more of an effort to improve. We've added two young players that will have growing pains.

Most intelligent fans will gladly take their lumps this year, in an effort to get our young guys some experience, get rid of bad contracts, and be in position for a top 3 pick in a loaded draft.

What's miserable is the turd sundae we were served up last year - awful contracts, lack of young player development (although much could be attributed to laughable draft choices) and little hope.

It'll be a painful year next year, but I'm excited to see if Len/Goodwin develop, and every loss will bring us closer to a legitimate franchise player, something we haven't had in a long time.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That was the one comparison that crossed my mind, but didn't want to mention because I wasn't sure if it was valid.

I don't see the comparison at all.

Dirk is one of the best long range shooting big men of all time, and uses his outside game to set up his inside game. He's also awful defensively.

Len is supposed to be a protypical low post guy, and I've never seen him shoot outside of 15 feet. He's also allegedly a post defender.

They're both tall, euro and white, but the comparisons end there.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, barring some misguided effort to put an expensive band aid on this hemorrhaging roster this will be a terrible team. But I think most fans are expecting it. It wont be fun to watch but hopefully it leads to some light on the other end.

I think/hope McD has the balls to do what our previous GMs have not and he blows it up (IE trades just about any vet a contender would want) once it becomes apparent how hopeless next season is. If that happens it will probably be the worst win/loss season in franchise history.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
What a joke. My "irrational hating" of Beasley turned out to be a 100% accurate prediction of how he would play. My next "irrational" prediction... the sun will rise tomorrow and you will continue to fawn over trash players.

Your irrational postsilled with simply hatred are poisoneous to the atmosphere on Suns message boards.

Players deserve to be treated with some respect especially from their own fan base, not bashed ad nauseam to no end.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Agreed. The only good teams to watch are gonna be the super teams/teams with multiple all stars like

Miami: Bosh/Wade/Lebron
New York: Melo/Amare/Tyson
Brooklyn: Williams/Johnson/Pierce/KG/Lopez
Chicago: Rose/Noah
Indiana: George/Granger/Hibbert
Lac: Paul/Griffin
San Antonio: Parker/Leonard/Duncan
Lal: Nash/Bryant/Gasol/Howard (for now, but if he bolts he creates another superteam)
Thunder: Ibaka/Westbrook/Durant
GSW: Curry/Lee/Bogut

Other than those 10 teams and Memphis and maybe Denver, the rest of the league probably gonna be tanking.

When the playoffs come around again and the Suns are on summer vacation, I'll watch some of the series and root for the following teams;
- Indiana, beat the Heat! Beat the Heat!
- Chicago, if Rose is back
- GSW, yeah, I like Steph Curry!
- Portland, because Lillard seems like a cool kid
- Memphis, small town supersound
- Thunder, meh

During the regular season I'll watch Suns games and keep an eye on any signs of promise. I hope they loose most of the games and play the youngsters a ton.

Let's get ready for football season!

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Yeah, but watching a game where two teams are trying their best to outtank the other can be very entertaining, just not in a "Wow this is some great and talented basketball I'm watching," kind of way.

That's funny. Kind of like watching a playoff match-up between Raja Bell and that puss on the Spurs, mister mooney baloney, what's his name, Ginobli. Some scary collisions and near accidents in that game, I tell you they'll wash the floor with each other!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your irrational postsilled with simply hatred are poisoneous to the atmosphere on Suns message boards.

Players deserve to be treated with some respect especially from their own fan base, not bashed ad nauseam to no end.

players need to earn respect. Beasely's never earned a thing in his entire career, including playing time.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think this will be the average Suns fan this season

You must be registered for see images attach

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Pointing out that a terrible player is terrible is not bashing, its reality.

Respect is earned, it is not a gift. Beasley has done everything in his power to be loathed by the fan base, I will not apologize for seeing it coming when you were blinded by the fact that the scrub could score 19 a game while destroying his own teams offense and murdering any semblance of team play.

If you want to cheer for horrible players that are possible rapists, thats your prerogative. Meanwhile I RESPECT my own team enough to not want them to deal with garbage like Beasley staining the uniform.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the comparison at all.

Dirk is one of the best long range shooting big men of all time, and uses his outside game to set up his inside game. He's also awful defensively.

Len is supposed to be a protypical low post guy, and I've never seen him shoot outside of 15 feet. He's also allegedly a post defender.

They're both tall, euro and white, but the comparisons end there.

Agreed.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The boards are filled with irrational haters, can't argue objectively, can't argue at all.

They will just find players and turn them into scapegoats and continue hating on them at every little chance they get see Lopez, Brooks, Beasley, Marshall, Brown etc. phrazbits annoying hating on Beasley is the best example, he makes it personal pretty much instead of rooting for Phoenix Suns players to develop he just point blank hates on whoever does not suit him.

Lopez never was as bad as the idiots on here claimed at every chance, by ever objective measure he was just as productive and even more efficient than Gortat on a per minute basis and last year he had a better year than Marcin.

I missed the part where you were forced or even asked to come post here.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed the part where you were forced or even asked to come post here.

also love a poster talking about the negative discourse on the board...while calling people idiots, morons and the like. 'cause THAT'S how you make a negative place more positive.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This has gone off topic enough, apologies to Alex Len, as much as I did not love the pick he does not deserve to have his own thread tainted with talk of Sleazley.

And to anyone who still feels like I was in the wrong and out of line for my treatment last off season of all things Beasley... allow me to humbly say...

I told you so.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Honestly, the player he reminds me of is Duncan. He is not, and never will be as good as Duncan, but his way of moving is reminiscent.

He reminds me more of Zydrunas Ilgauskas than Dirk or Duncan. If he turns out as an Ilgauskas style of player, I'd chalk McD's first ever draft pick up as a success.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

this is what I love. phrazbit gets "personal" about a player and he's polluting the board, yet slin gets personal about another POSTER and he's not part of the problem.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Are you F'ing serious?

This coming from the guy who had the most irrational hate of any player I have seen in Gortat. Dude....you just called yourself out.

By the way, what happened with Robin? You were bragging how good his rebounding and defense had become blah blah blah at the start of the season. What did I say? I said by the end of the season the old Robin would reappear, his rebounds would disappear. Well they did (5.6) and his defense finished at an opponent per of 17.8. So he scored 11.3 PPG?!! He was drafted for DEFENSE AND REBOUNDING.

WOW dude. At least if Len becomes Lopez part 2, we can fully anticipate you irrationally fawning over him acting like a love sick puppy no matter how crappy he turns out to be. Not saying that is what happens but it might be worth it for that to happen just to see how irrational you become about him.

Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The guy that Len is compared to, Jonas Valaciunas has been a beast in SL so far averaging about 20 points, 10 rebounds and 1 blocks per game in 29 minutes.

I know its just SL but it still makes me feel better about Len despite his recent stress fracture and everything. If Len can have as good a rookie season as Valaciunas did last season (minus the games missed), I would be content.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
So, it looks like Noel is not going to play at all this season.

Gee, maybe the Suns doctors were right all along by (reportedly) red flagging his knee?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9860407/nerlens-noel-philadelphia-76ers-expected-for-season

Of course, this could be the ultimate tank job by the Sixers. Although I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't be out there if he could play. I don't buy what Windhorst is saying about him potentially playing if he were on any other team in the NBA. The Sixers basically forcing him to sit against his will makes zero sense and is a great way to piss off one of your young franchise cornerstones.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake