Amare on the block.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy from RealGm appears to be legit but you are misquoting him. He said:

The only thing he stated was that Riley called. The rest was pure speculation. He even verifies it when a poster asks him.

Thank you. Like I said. BS.

I just read that too over there. I knew there is no way that happened.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen much of Beasley this year but after taking a look at his numbers a few negative's stand out to me and thats:
1) his FG% is 44.7% and very erratic from game to game.
2) He averages just a bit over 3 FT attempts per game and is shooting them at 76%.
3) And his assist to TO ratio is close to 1:2
He is a very young player so i may be nitpicking here.

Reaction score
I don't like the deal with Portland. If you think Aldridge is good enough for Amare, why not Bosh?

I like the OKC deal most, Green + first rounder is very attractive.

For me the difference is Bosh can opt out and Aldridge is in his rookie contract still so you can match him correct?

nowagimp

Reaction score
I haven't seen much of Beasley this year but after taking a look at his numbers a few negative's stand out to me and thats:
1) his FG% is 44.7% and very erratic from game to game.
2) He averages just a bit over 3 FT attempts per game and is shooting them at 76%.
3) And his assist to TO ratio is close to 1:2
He is a very young player so i may be nitpicking here.

Add to your list that he has been abused on defense, its his major weakness. Sounds like amare light to me, and he's not long enough to defend the PF without jumping, ughhh! If you didnt like marion defending the PF, you will hate Beaseley, he is undersized as well and is not defensive minded. I dont want to trade amare for any PF that cant defend, more of the same only less on offense.

nowagimp

Reaction score
KT is most effective under 30min. You are right there. But DA wasn't playing him at all or only garbage time after he came back from injury. KT was out of the rotation! Starting him implied to make game plan around playing him say 30 min. The difference in impact would have been huge.

30 mins was too much for KT against the better post players, especially when he was coming back from injury. He came back real slow and was easily fatigued. It took KT a long time to get into suns shape. KT was also a liability when defending fast post players, but against the shaqs, duncans and yaos, he was very effective.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the more comical trade scenarios I have heard was from Mark Asher yesterday. After a caller mentioned the Lakers as a possible trading partner, Ash looked at their roster and and thought Odom, Ariza, and Farmar would be a fair swap. You could tell that he had plugged it in to one of the online trade checkers after he paused and said that it worked. Gambo and him both agreed that they would do the deal because of Ariza and they also like Farmar.

How can we help the Lakers? No thanks.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Can't wait to see us get rid of Amare, and everyone else and rebuild a stronger team but with Kerr handling the move-making, its a bleak future for the franchise.

Who else would celebrate when landing Goran Dragic in the second round?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the more comical trade scenarios I have heard was from Mark Asher yesterday. After a caller mentioned the Lakers as a possible trading partner, Ash looked at their roster and and thought Odom, Ariza, and Farmar would be a fair swap. You could tell that he had plugged it in to one of the online trade checkers after he paused and said that it worked. Gambo and him both agreed that they would do the deal because of Ariza and they also like Farmar.

How can we help the Lakers? No thanks.

They were looking at it from a player swap perspective. They did say later that there was no way the Lakers and Suns make any moves that might come back to hurt each other in the same conference.

Though I would take that deal.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
You would take Farmer, Odom and Ariza for Amare? Are you serious?
That is the worst trade ever, Odom is almost done and Ariza and Farmer are career bench players.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is the worst trade ever, Odom is almost done and Ariza and Farmer are career bench players.

My sentiments exactly.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I want a young superstar in the making for Amare. Nothing less. Odom? What a joke of a trade.... If that happens I'm done being a Suns fan.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would take that trade only if we were blowing up the team and so I could get my hands on Ariza and Farmer.

From a Odom replacing Amare perspective....it's not that great.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Lakers fans been wanting an Odom for Amare swap since the DA days. To hell with them!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lakers fans been wanting an Odom for Amare swap since the DA days. To hell with them!

Too bad they got rid of Kwame already, A Kwame-for-Amare swap is what the Lakers deserve!

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about AMare and Barbosa for Chandler and Stejakovic? works on trade checker!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I would take that trade only if we were blowing up the team and so I could get my hands on Ariza and Farmer.

From a Odom replacing Amare perspective....it's not that great.

Why would you get your hands on average role players who will never amount into anything.

This would be the worst trade in the history of the NBA, twice as bad as the Gasol trade at least.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Suns get Hedo turkoglu and Rashard lewis

Magic get Amare and Barbosa.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=469~862~2166~1727&teams=21~21~19~19&te=&cash=

or amare and other role players that arent as good as barbosa.

Amare for those two straight up is good enough but salaries wouldn't match so...

Suns Lineup

NASH
RICHARDSON
HEDO
LEWIS
SHAQ

Magic Lineup :D

Nelson
Barbosa
doesnt matter
PF STOUDEMIRE
C HOWARD
I dont think we are in the business of making other teams better than us.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Can't wait to see us get rid of Amare, and everyone else and rebuild a stronger team but with Kerr handling the move-making, its a bleak future for the franchise.

Who else would celebrate when landing Goran Dragic in the second round?

Hmmm ... perhaps the spurs were laughing and celebrating at their HQ at the same time. Why? Well it almost guaranteed that nash would have no usable backup. The signing of dragic to that heavyweight contract means that a FA veteran PG wouldnt get much playing time. I can hear Kerr now: "Shucks, shot myself in the foot again".

Last edited:

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Spoken like a true opposing fan. The guy, and it's David Lord not Fisher, is credible. Always has been, doesn't matter if you believe it or not, but he's broken a number of stories well before anyone else has. So can being a whinny baby if you want. . . . but have some class about it.
I wasn't whining, and I didn't call BS on his info. I said he WRITES like an attention ***** who has no insider knowledge. He writes like a hack. He writes the way real journalists scoff at. It's yellow and insulting to the reader. Regardless of whether he has legit sources or not, he writes like a slimeball.

Do you giggity giggity get it now?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Just heard a clip of Amare saying "it's not his fault the team is not playing well. He's not a captain and it's not his job to rally the troops ... that's the captain's job."

Yowza ... why say something like that publicly?? Does he now have an issue with Shaq or Nash?

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
He will never be a team leader no matter what team he is playing for. I believe Amare has a problem with everybody not named Amare. He's a little kid in a big man's body.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
He is right however, the more pressing question is why the heck our franchise player isn't a captain.
Oh wait that's the entire problem that the management created in the first place.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
That comment was just a stab at the fact that he wasn't made a captain, depsite being the most talented player on the team.

I do look forward to seeing him leave, mostly because i'll be interested to see who grabs him and how he plays in a new environment. Send him to cleveland! :sarcasm:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05