Amare on the block.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Shaq trade may look good because of the numbers Shaq is producing vs. the numbers Marion is, but in reality it completely altered the way we play offense, at least under Porter, taking all the strengths away from players like Nash and Amare. In retrospect, the way we used Shaq late in last regular season was the most effective so far in terms of wins and losses, even though he wasn't scoring as much.

Offense isn't this teams problem. In fact, I still think this team is a much better half court offense compared to last year which is needed in the playoffs. We are still in the tops in the NBA in overall offense.

Amare and Nash's defense is some of the worst in the NBA at their respective positions. Amare is underachieving on the boards and our "star" PG leads the NBA in turnovers. Honestly, our offensive style is not the problem. Defense, turnovers and defense at the guard and PF is the problem.

And if we do trade Amare, wouldn't it be nice to still have Diaw to fill his place? Yet that was yet another reactionary, shortsighted trade that seemed good on paper but only on paper. JRich is not very effective in the offense we are currently implementing. Kerr seems to be managing this team as if it were a fantasy basketball team.

And what exactly do we need draft picks for, if Kerr has no idea how to evaluate talent?

That's why Porter needs to go. What more evidence does Kerr need to see that Porter has no clue how to coach?

nowagimp

Reaction score
What the hell is Amare even worth anymore? Two years ago, you couldn't imagine Amare traded for anyone other than a top 5 player.
Dont think that amare isnt asking the same question. He is watching his value fall as shaq as has become featured big man. Given that his contract is coming to an end, his performance will cost him tens of millions of dollars. To get that devaluation and be on a mediocre team after where he's been must feel awful, the worst of both worlds. I wouldnt be suprised if he blames Kerr/Porter for this. If he believes that, no doubt he wants out asap so he can reestablish his value. SOme players dont mind sacrificing their stats to win, but that doesnt appear to be happening here. There is sacrificing going on but the winning isnt happening. SSOL type fast paced teams have owned the suns recently, dont think that the players dont know this.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Westbrook, Wilcox, filler, and our 2010 pick back?

Yes, and the "filler" is Joe Smith, expiring along with Wilcox. The salaries match, the Suns get servicable bigs for this year, and then they can reorganize next summer and in 2010.

Hazzard29

Registered
Reaction score
I get why Amare is on the trading block... but why isnt Nash? An aging, past his prime PG, with a bad back that still has some trade value. Get rid of Nash and Amare and lets start the rebuilding process. Id rather trade em both now when the Suns can still get some good young talent for them.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
in a half year nashaholic suns fans want amare gone.

Just 1/2 a year out of the rest of his career and they'd want to see him gone before Nash, Shaq, and porter.

Yet then most of these same people say they want to rebuild. Yeah, getting rid of Amare is the first step to rebuilding, stupid logic.

Amare is 26, it'll be worse than joe johnson. Stoudemire can only get back up to par, he can't play much worse and he isn't even playing that bad YOU ALL ARE JUST SPOILED, and beyond that he has the potential to be even better than his best right now down the road. I don't know how else it wouldn't place him on a rebuilding team when Nash/Shaq will be delivering NOTHING much sooner than Stoudemire.

Last edited:

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Rumors posted on RealGM that the Kings and Raptors have called Kerr already.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtop...sd=a&start=180

Also, KTAR sports guys saying that OKC is open to trading anyone but Westbrook.

I'd take Durant and a unprotected pick and any contract that expires this year or next for Amare...

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
KTAR also saying that Suns think they can get what they want - expiring deal(s), good young(s) and picks.

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
I know we need change, but I think my number one priority is to

FIRE PORTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand why ivaroni and others got fired, but they didn't have much talent to work with.

Porter has a TON of talent to work with, and not being top 5 team is just pathetic. Suns aren't even in the top 10 in my opinion.
There is no excuse.

Amare and others don't respond to him because they know he makes bad decisions. The calls he make leaves me dumbfounded. That's why player just stand there because "what is the point?"

You can have the fastest car, but when the driver is incompetent, you will NEVER win. Porter is the driver, he calls all the shots, makes all the plays, and decide who and how he wants to go into battle. It is obvious he doesnt know how to drive the talent in the Phoenix Suns.

Porter needs to go, then lets talk about Amare

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
Going to regret this for years and years because of stupidity over greed.

I'm sorry but I'd take the rest of a great players career for granted over a half year.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Rumors posted on RealGM that the Kings and Raptors have called Kerr already.

The Kings have nothing that the Suns would want. The call from the Raptors, if it's true, is surprising. They wouldn't be so naive as to offer Jermaine O'Neal, I wouldn't think, but it would make no sense to acquire Stoudemire without moving out either O'Neal or Bosh. I have no interest in Bargnani.

I'd take Durant and a unprotected pick and any contract that expires this year or next for Amare...

Their two expiring contracts are Wilcox and Smith. I'm not sold on Durant, but that is at least a credible package on paper.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Going to regret this for years and years because of stupidity over greed.

I'm sorry but I'd take the rest of a great players career for granted over a half year.

You're missing the point. The unique set of circumstances that turned Stoudemire into an All-NBA player -- specifically, a run-and-gun coach who didn't care about defense or rebounding plus an MVP point guard -- are gone. Stoudemire will never be that player again, because he'll never be in that situation again.

In 2010, he'll be 28 with two bad knees, still won't defend, still won't rebound, still won't have led a team far into the playoffs, and will be making $20 million a year. The "stupidity" you refer to is believing that you can rebuild around such a player.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
LOL, dammit! Westbrook is the prize. Stupid Thunder, know how good their players are.

Do you consider Westbrook better than Durant? I haven't seen enough of either to have a solid opinion, but I would be shocked if OKC would give up Durant.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is a given that OKC wouldn't trade Durant.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Do you consider Westbrook better than Durant? I haven't seen enough of either to have a solid opinion, but I would be shocked if OKC would give up Durant.

I'd be surprised too, but that's what the (rumored) report is. I haven't seen much of them either, but so far I am very impressed with Westbrook and only moderately impressed with Durant. Durant seems like just another big-time scoring SF, which is a nice thing, but probably not a franchise building block. Westbrook is an impact player.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'd be surprised too, but that's what the (rumored) report is. I haven't seen much of them either, but so far I am very impressed with Westbrook and only moderately impressed with Durant. Durant seems like just another big-time scoring SF, which is a nice thing, but probably not a franchise building block. Westbrook is an impact player.

Just looked at Westbrook's stats...pretty impressive for a guy that was considered very raw. Even more impressive are Durant's stats. He's averaging 25 points and almost 7 rebounds a game. He's also shooting 42% from 3. Even if we had to give up Barbosa as well, I'd trade both him and Amare for Durant. At least we'd have a piece to build around for the future.

Edit...Durant's averaging about a rebound less per game than Amare...disgusting.

Reaction score
my dream trade

amare, barnes for

lafrentz
aldridge
bayless

If i were Portland no way I do it but I can dream right?

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thunder will not trade BOTH Durant and Westbrook.

I'd take Westbrook over Durant too, since I think Durant is playing close to his potentialm already.

Westbrook is going to be bounds better in the next 2-3 seasons, he is a stud now. Wade-like impact potential.

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
There are only a few trades I would consider...

Miami:
Beasly
Chalmers
exp.
and a pick

Amare
Barbosa

OKC
Durant
Exp

Blazers
Aldridge
Bayless

or

Outlaw
Bayless
Picks
Exp

Not sure any of these teams would make these moves but they are blowing this team up there is no doubt about that and if Porter isnt fired this year he will be next.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
There are only a few trades I would consider...

Miami:
Beasly
Chalmers
exp.
and a pick

Amare
Barbosa

OKC
Durant
Exp

Blazers
Aldridge
Bayless

or

Outlaw
Bayless
Picks
Exp

Not sure any of these teams would make these moves but they are blowing this team up there is no doubt about that and if Porter isnt fired this year he will be next.

What's the word on Beasley? Has he improved his attitude since college?

And what about Durant - hard worker or ego-talent?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05