Amare on the block.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Well as of late, he's been nullified by lessor players. He basically has one move. Face the rim, stutter step and go to the right, take the angle to the hoop, and get the charge.
And our coach doesn't know how to use any of his players. I don't know who coaches portland or Memphis but I am pretty damn sure they can set up some plays for amar'e instead of cutting off his head and telling him to shoot.

Amare usually stops himself. The man is his own worst enemy basketball-wise.
Usually doesn't cut it when it is the suns, how many people have went off on the suns this year? Too many.

Last edited:

HooverDam

Reaction score
Green/Unprotected#1 or Durant/Top10protected#1 are fair.

Hell, I think OKC is tracking #4 in the draft this year. So, I take the Green deal. We still end up with a future 3 (Green), but we get a high pick to facilitate the rebuilding now.

I dunno about all of that, the more I think about it, Durant is already scoring 25ppg, and is the face of their franchise in a new city, I doubt theyd move him. Any deal with Durant is better than any Green deal, but Id take a green deal.

Amare for Green, Wilcox, Sene, 2010 Phoenix 1st rd pick, 2009 OKC 1st rd pick seems fair.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
I don't like the deal with Portland. If you think Aldridge is good enough for Amare, why not Bosh?

I like the OKC deal most, Green + first rounder is very attractive.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
I don't like the deal with Portland. If you think Aldridge is good enough for Amare, why not Bosh?

I like the OKC deal most, Green + first rounder is very attractive.
its easier to get aldridge than bosh but no way are the suns trading with portland or anyone in the west coast with a chance to make the playoffs. If they trade on the west its the warriors, kings, or thunder. Plus apparently they are looking for draft picks and Bosh + a draft pick is not coming for just amare unless they throw in barbosa for anthony carter, bosh, and a pick.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Amare usually stops himself. The man is his own worst enemy basketball-wise.

He's not the most cerebral player. And thats where we lack.

Phoenix Suns Cerebral Players:

Grant Hill - Brings it every game.
J-Rich (I'm brand him this because he wants to score every time)
Sweet Lou (I'm putting him on the list because he is quickly gaining a Bball IQ and he hustles
Babs he gives it his all and can score 20 off the bench. Can dissect a D.

and thats it.

Oh crap. I'd say cut Robyn Lopez before anybody else...but that's another thread.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
In any deal with Portland, OKC or Memphis, I would want one of their top PGs back.

Westbrook, Bayless, Sergio or Conley.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
He's not the most cerebral player. And thats where we lack.

Phoenix Suns Cerebral Players:

Grant Hill - Brings it every game.
J-Rich (I'm brand him this because he wants to score every time)
Sweet Lou (I'm putting him on the list because he is quickly gaining a Bball IQ and he hustles
Babs he gives it his all and can score 20 off the bench. Can dissect a D.

and thats it.

Oh crap. I'd say cut Robyn Lopez before anybody else...but that's another thread.

And Nash doesn't get on the list of players with a high Bball IQ? Please, stop the hate already. Sheesh...

I do think the Suns need more Spurs-like smarts on the team, however. Makes a big difference in the playoffs (assuming we get back to them)...

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
And Nash doesn't get on the list of players with a high Bball IQ? Please, stop the hate already. Sheesh...

I do think the Suns need more Spurs-like smarts on the team, however. Makes a big difference in the playoffs (assuming we get back to them)...
im sorry nash is great and all but some of those turnovers are like wtf? Especially all the late game ones.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score

Offensively yes. I hate bashing Nash. But his defense is Just amazingly horrid.
Me and my son could not believe Nash's out of position defense yesterday.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Amar'e to Memphis for Rudy Gay, Darko Milicic and Hakim Warrick.

Amar'e to Portland for LaMarcus Aldrige and Raef Lafrentz.

So those are the two offers so far? Memphis is ok and so is portland but if memphis throws in a draft pick they could win it. Plus suns don't want to give him to a western team let alone a contender with a better record. What if Amare goes off who is going to stop him on the suns team?

I like both of those deals but where did you read that those were offered thus far??

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Amar'e to Memphis for Rudy Gay, Darko Milicic and Hakim Warrick.

Amar'e to Portland for LaMarcus Aldrige and Raef Lafrentz.

So those are the two offers so far? Memphis is ok and so is portland but if memphis throws in a draft pick they could win it. Plus suns don't want to give him to a western team let alone a contender with a better record. What if Amare goes off who is going to stop him on the suns team?

I like both of those deals but where did you read that those were offered thus far??

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
how do you know that? I mean how do you know all of that will happen?

I don't, any more than I know that the league will still be running in 2010 or that either of us will be alive to see it. But based on the evidence so far, the likelihood is very high.

So you would want to keep nash and shaq over amare until their contracts expire

Stoudemire's trade value is much higher than either O'Neal's or Nash. It's not what you give up, but what you get back in return.

and/or then you would want nash and shaq over amare after 2010?

Don't be ridiculous. No one is talking about keeping O'Neal past 2010, and if Nash is extended, it will be as a role player on an appropriately priced contract.

If you think the choice is between rebuilding around Stoudemire and rebuilding around O'Neal/Nash, no wonder you're confused.

JJ COUGH.

What similarity are you trying to draw? The Johnson and Stoudemire situations could hardly be more different.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't, any more than I know that the league will still be running in 2010 or that either of us will be alive to see it. But based on the evidence so far, the likelihood is very high.

Do you think the doo doo is gonna hit the fan by then too? lol

cly2tw

Reaction score
The easiest and most effective changes the Suns could do:

1. Replace Porter with someone else of good reputation

2. Trade Nash for Calderon + Parker

Every European player knows how to shoot using screens, so that Calderon could play off the ball when feeding Shaq. Besides, he is younger and more capable at defending the PG position.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Offensively yes. I hate bashing Nash. But his defense is Just amazingly horrid.
Me and my son could not believe Nash's out of position defense yesterday.

Physical inability to play great position defense does not = low bball IQ.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Don't be ridiculous. No one is talking about keeping O'Neal past 2010, and if Nash is extended, it will be as a role player on an appropriately priced contract.

If you think the choice is between rebuilding around Stoudemire and rebuilding around O'Neal/Nash, no wonder you're confused.

What similarity are you trying to draw? The Johnson and Stoudemire situations could hardly be more different.

I believe he was referring to the chance that Stoudemire might blossom into a superstar of his own right instead labelled as Nash's sidekick or decoy in the corner in JJ's words, like JJ did in Atlanta. I'd add Dirk to those who flourish after separation with Nash, too.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
How is Bosh worse? He plays better defense and rebounds better. He carries Toronto on the offense, and here he could (and would!) focus more on defense than we could ever get out of Amare. His post game is years ahead of Amare and he can hit the 17footer almost as good.

Tell me who you think we could get that is better than Bosh at the 4?!?

We shouldnt trade Amare at all because we won't get good value and he is the only piece we already have to build around.

Bosh doesn't rebound better and his defense is also only marginally better, his 17 footer isn't NEARLY as good and his post game is just the same as Amare's plus he has never been as consistent as Amare. In fact he always had pretty poor games once a while like Amare had now.

And numbers prove this, 8.7rpg last year for Bosh in the East, this year 9.7. His FG% on jumpshots is like 10% lower or so then Amare.

He is also getting pushed in the paint.

Last edited:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Just a question, would hell freeze over IF Kobe was a Sun? Just making a funny and wondering, obviously impossible lol

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I believe he was referring to the chance that Stoudemire might blossom into a superstar of his own right instead labelled as Nash's sidekick or decoy in the corner in JJ's words, like JJ did in Atlanta.

Except that Johnson hasn't. He's quite overrated and has made a few All-Star teams only because the East is weak at the wing positions.

In any case, we've seen plenty enough of Stoudemire to know that he can't create his own shot and has stopped improving. In fact, the very same Joe Johnson shut him down last time the two teams played.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Physical inability to play great position defense does not = low bball IQ.

Seriously. It's just being out of position. There have been smaller and lesser guards who knew how to be pesty.

I really challenge you bro to just watch the next game and watch him "roam"

Don't mean to be an arse. But I don't think there's any denying it.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Amare IS an All-Star and super star in this league, it is ALL up to him if he wants to change his game to benefit the team...

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
The easiest and most effective changes the Suns could do:

1. Replace Porter with someone else of good reputation

2. Trade Nash for Calderon + Parker

Every European player knows how to shoot using screens, so that Calderon could play off the ball when feeding Shaq. Besides, he is younger and more capable at defending the PG position.

Number 1 is a given. Porter should have been fired after the last East Coast road-trip, if not sooner. Kerr's an idiot for not taking care of that now.

Since that doesn't appear to be happening, we have this fun chatter about what we can get for Amare in the next two weeks.

The only reason I am ok with trading Amare at this point (and I still think Porter should be out regardless) are the reports that he has made it clear he will not resign with the Suns in 2010.

If that is true, ship him now while we can get value for him. No junk trades like the Pau Gasol one - a good trade for young talent, draft picks and a vet with an expiring deal that can play this year with Nash, Shaq, Hill and JRich works fine.

Make a good, smart trade, and play out the year. Based on results do what is needed over the summer (trade the vets, fire Porter, fire Kerr, sell the team, whatever).

NBA teams can only take so much change mid-season and have a chance.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Just a question, would hell freeze over IF Kobe was a Sun? Just making a funny and wondering, obviously impossible lol

Probably not, but that ship sailed years ago when he decided to re-sign with the Lakers. Not that there was much doubt in that outcome.