Amare Ought to be Embarassed

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
B.S. The reason the Suns are in the position they are is not solely on Amare. I can point out so many things that other members of this team didn't do as well. Did Amare contribute? Yes. However, I could point out a laundry list of things other players have not done in this series that has nothing to do with Amare.

I'll do us both a favor and won't bother responding any further with you on this subject. Apparently we don't speak the same language. At no time have I stated that Amare is the sole problem. I haven't even suggested it. However, he's supposed to be our superstar and too often he fails to deliver on it and IMO it's always because of a lack of intensity.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
B.S. The reason the Suns are in the position they are is not solely on Amare. I can point out so many things that other members of this team didn't do as well. Did Amare contribute? Yes. However, I could point out a laundry list of things other players have not done in this series that has nothing to do with Amare.

Yea, the other players did horrible in that game as well but as our starting PF, a guy who the Suns rely on to open up the post and free up our shooters, you have to do better than 4 rebounds. 4 effing rebounds man.... 4....

:mulli:

Max player my ass.

jibikao

Reaction score
Is Amare the only player on the team looking for max. contract? If yes, then yeah, we can expect more from him.

I'm usually pretty clueless about player's salary. Is Nash on max. contract for his age? Is Amare's last contract max too and he wants another max.?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, the other players did horrible in that game as well but as our starting PF, you have to do better than 4 rebounds. 4 effing rebounds man.... 4....
:mulli:

And....I agree. However, there were also 11 players who played in that game....some of which didn't do their jobs either. That is not on Amare.

If the other players on this team had a perfect game and Amare was the only one that played bad...I think you would have a point. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

Richardson finished with 12 points. It's well chronicled that we need him to score around 20. Robin had 2 rebounds and some of the worst offensive moves I have seen to date resulting in 0 points. Dragic/Barbosa had 5 points between them. When Richardson isn't scoring THEY MUST contribute. Lou had 3 rebounds. The team had 15 turnovers that the Lakers got a bunch of points off of.

Nuff said.

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
And....I agree. However, there were also 11 players who played in that game....some of which didn't do their jobs either. That is not on Amare.

No one is blaming the lack of play from the "other" guys on Amare. I'm blaming Amare for his lack of play, 4 rebounds from your starting PF is unacceptable. Forget that, being rebounded from behind by Odom and others because you are not in a position to jump for the rebound is entirely unacceptable especially since your defense is iffy at best to stop a second attempt.

When your starting PF has rebounding totals of 4, 3, and 6 in various games against the Lakers, you know you are going to struggle against the Lakers.

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
I thought most of our players did good. Sometimes, it's the other team's adjustment and game strategy that determines the outcome, despite full effort from everybody. Lakers came in much better prepared and did their adjustment. Our strategy and adjustment were not as good. We still made it a game with effort and perseverance. Be proud of our players! Don't hate them.

cly2tw

Reaction score
No one is blaming the lack of play from the "other" guys on Amare. I'm blaming Amare for his lack of play, 4 rebounds from your starting PF is unacceptable. Forget that, being rebounded from behind by Odom and others because you are not in a position to jump for the rebound is entirely unacceptable especially since your defense is iffy at best to stop a second attempt.

When your starting PF has rebounding totals of 4, 3, and 6 in various games against the Lakers, you know you are going to struggle against the Lakers.

True, 4 rebounds for our starting PF was girly, just like zone defense is girly that put the said starting PF to defend perimeter and challenge 3pt shots by the likes of Fisher and Artest. :shrug:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is not what I am reading in posts above. I am reading that Amare is to blame. I do know that if Amare doesn't rebound well you are CONTRIBUTING to struggles against the Lakers. However, I also know that if the other players (starters and role players alike) are not doing their jobs either, that has just as much to do with it.

jibikao

Reaction score
I really don't know what to think about Amare's leaving. I think he is threatening to leave until he has that max. contract. Deep down inside, I think he wants to stay here.

It is harder to get a "good" big guy like Amare in this league. David Lee is not any taller than Amare but David does have better rebounding stats. Speaking about stats, Amare's post-season rebounding has dropped. In the first series, he only had like 5.5 rebounds and against Lakers, he has improved to 6.4. I am not sure what went wrong because isn't Lakers team taller than Portland? I can understand Spurs because their bigs aren't that much taller than Amare.

I am pretty sure many teams will want Amare. Do we have it too good or we really need to change the line-up?

I haven't watched David Lee enough to say he fits the team or not but I do think almost every player looks BETTER when they are in Suns' system. Maybe it is that easy to get fed by Nash afterall whether it's inside or outside shooting. The year Nash came, Nash/Mario combo was more efficient than Nash/Amare (in terms of assists) but look at what Marion is doing without Nash. Marion can't create shots for himself and Amare has weak inside game unless he is facing the basket.

I think Suns will keep Amare in the end. I have a strong feeling about it. Amare is too dangerous to let go even though the fans get annoyed by his lack of rebounds as a 6'10 PF.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't know what to think about Amare's leaving. I think he is threatening to leave until he has that max. contract. Deep down inside, I think he wants to stay here.

It is harder to get a "good" big guy like Amare in this league. David Lee is not any taller than Amare but David does have better rebounding stats. Speaking about stats, Amare's post-season rebounding has dropped. In the first series, he only had like 5.5 rebounds and against Lakers, he has improved to 6.4. I am not sure what went wrong because isn't Lakers team taller than Portland? I can understand Spurs because their bigs aren't that much taller than Amare.

I am pretty sure many teams will want Amare. Do we have it too good or we really need to change the line-up?

I haven't watched David Lee enough to say he fits the team or not but I do think almost every player looks BETTER when they are in Suns' system. Maybe it is that easy to get fed by Nash afterall whether it's inside or outside shooting. The year Nash came, Nash/Mario combo was more efficient than Nash/Amare (in terms of assists) but look at what Marion is doing without Nash. Marion can't create shots for himself and Amare has weak inside game unless he is facing the basket.

I think Suns will keep Amare in the end. I have a strong feeling about it. Amare is too dangerous to let go even though the fans get annoyed by his lack of rebounds as a 6'10 PF.

No doubt Lee is the better rebounder. However, you think Amare looks bad defensively sometimes? Lee makes Amare look good defensively.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite Amare's shortcomings, I will put hard cash on the line with anyone here betting that Wade and Amare playing together gets Miami in the title fold again.

and they'll probably be in it until Amare folds defensively like he always does.

4 rebounds... just BEYOND pathetic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the other players on this team had a perfect game and Amare was the only one that played bad...I think you would have a point. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

Richardson finished with 12 points. It's well chronicled that we need him to score around 20. Robin had 2 rebounds and some of the worst offensive moves I have seen to date resulting in 0 points. Dragic/Barbosa had 5 points between them. When Richardson isn't scoring THEY MUST contribute. Lou had 3 rebounds. The team had 15 turnovers that the Lakers got a bunch of points off of.

Nuff said.

Nuff said... you're talking about bench players... Amare's our "SUPERSTAR". He's held to higher standard. Huge road games in the playoffs aren't won with your bench or supporting players. They're won by your superstars and Amare proved once again in this series, we really have only one of those, and he's 36 years old and can't bring it every night like he used to.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I never understood how you can be 6'9 or 6'10 and 230-250lb, and not get 10 rebounds in 35-40 minutes. I just don't get it.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Stoudemire has been over 8 rebounds only three times in the entire postseason.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nuff said... you're talking about bench players... Amare's our "SUPERSTAR". He's held to higher standard. Huge road games in the playoffs aren't won with your bench or supporting players. They're won by your superstars and Amare proved once again in this series, we really have only one of those, and he's 36 years old and can't bring it every night like he used to.

This. Please DarenG, pretty please absorb this. Reading your post after post, your lack of comprehension has got me slamming my head on my desk. I've got a headache now. So please, pretty please, understand. Ok?

illone

Reaction score
With Amare it's all in his head.

If he wanted to get 20 boards per game, he could.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With Amare it's all in his head.

If he wanted to get 20 boards per game, he could.

Amare sucked, but this criticism really bugs me. You think he just didn't feel like it or what?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare sucked, but this criticism really bugs me. You think he just didn't feel like it or what?

I don't think any of us are having fun with this. I'm not sure why Amare frequently does such a horrible job rebounding. It appears to me that it's lack of effort on his part but I'm just not sure. In the end though, does it really matter why he doesn't rebound? He's a very well paid power forward that doesn't rebound like one.

I've mentioned it before but it bears repeating. Two or three years ago, Amare himself acknowledged that he didn't always play hard for the entire game and he promised to work on it. IMO, he has not delivered on that promise.

Steve

illone

Reaction score

In a way, yes. He lacks focus at times, and tends to try on offense more than on defense/boards.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think this... I just think he's a soft, mental midget who shrinks when the pressure's on.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think this... I just think he's a soft, mental midget who shrinks when the pressure's on.

Why did he shrink for half of the season? I don't think he shrinks under pressure, I just think he doesn't know what to do in certain situations. For example, when he picks up early fouls he stops rebounding.

Too bad he wasn't in there at the end to "Brad Miller" that shot by Artest.

jibikao

Reaction score

He shrinks when he is not dunking/scoring. When his offense is taken away, he just loses interest in rebounding. I am not even talking about "defending". Defending bigger guys requires more skills and sometimes you just can't guard with less length. All we want is to protect defensive boards.