Amare Ought to be Embarassed

cly2tw

Reaction score
Only 8 rebs. So, you don't pay max to a bigman who only get 8 reb. in a most crucial playoff game, do you? And top of that, only shooting 7/12 FTs. Lucky us, that this game didn't depend on that in the end.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Game 1 - 3 rebounds
Game 2 - 6 rebounds
Game 3- 11 rebounds
Game 4 - 8 rebounds
Game 5 -4 rebounds

I guess we'll see an above 6 rebound total in Game 6.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Odom's rebounding #s

Game 1: 19
Game 2: 11
Game 3: 6
Game 4: 10
Game 5: 13

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
L goes squarely on Amare's shoulders... AGAIN.

4 rebounds... 4 turnovers... 19 points... just sad.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
that's why you have to resign him to supermax contract and hope you luck into:

1. a kobe bryant with a mid-round pick
2. a team looking to give a pau gasol away
3. smart late round drafting netting you a player like rondo
4. aging vets that want to play a championship signing with you for dirt cheap

Exactly. Let's re-sign him and try to get a veteran free agent for the mid level exception. I know this sounds to ridiculous to be reasonable, but Nash could have a talk to his buddy Nowitzki. I think the guy (Dirk) really means it when he says that he wants to win as opposed to having another fat contract. However, he seems also very loyal to Dallas.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Big shoulders, he can handle it. So, what number do you guys think he'll be wearing in Miami next year? I hope it's number 4 to pay tribute to his rebounding prowess.

Steve

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Hear that crashing sound?? Yep...that's his contract value in the offseason

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Amare is going to get paid big bucks this off-season, whether by the Suns or another. Game 3 showed reinforced to the NBA he can score at will and carry a team - even against a big lineup. Very few bigs can do that.

Personally, I think Amare is fools gold. He talks a good game, but doesn't show a good game with consistency. I still think he is a top 15-20 player, probably top 5 in talent alone. The issue is, when you need him the most, does he deliver? I believe only players that can answer that question with a resounding 'yes' deserve max money. (IMO, that list is very short)

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did anyone here mention the block amare had on gasol's dunk with 30 seconds left that saved the game?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could have saved the Lakers from clinching the game period had he done a better job on keeping them off the offensive glass throughout the game.

Amare was too busy boxing out to grab those rebounds. When your big guy is motivated enough to box out, your perimeter players have a responsibility to track down those balls and our guards just let us down. Also, Amare had a couple of nice blocks so you can't expect him to do everything. And furthermore, it's hardly reasonable to expect max effort from a guy who isn't being offered a max contract.

Steve

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
...you can't expect him to do everything. And furthermore, it's hardly reasonable to expect max effort from a guy who isn't being offered a max contract.

Steve

He is a MAX guy right now! So yes, I do expect him to do everything.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Amare was too busy boxing out to grab those rebounds. When your big guy is motivated enough to box out, your perimeter players have a responsibility to track down those balls and our guards just let us down. Also, Amare had a couple of nice blocks so you can't expect him to do everything. And furthermore, it's hardly reasonable to expect max effort from a guy who isn't being offered a max contract.

Steve

+90

Amare is also still learning to box out so it might be hard for him to jump and get the rebound at times.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare is also still learning to box out so it might be hard for him to jump and get the rebound at times.

That's a mighty steep learning curve too so we're just going to have to be patient for a few more years. Can you imagine how sweet it will be in 2014 when Amare has mastered the box-out?

Steve

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Is there a Boxing Out article on Wikipedia?

(Edit: No, it just redirects to Rebounding, and the brief description of boxing out is wholly inadequate. So there's our problem.)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a Boxing Out article on Wikipedia?

(Edit: No, it just redirects to Rebounding, and the brief description of boxing out is wholly inadequate. So there's our problem.)

You solved it! Now get to work updating that article while it can still do us some good.

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. He's the only star FA who even made it to the conference finals this year.

Despite Amare's shortcomings, I will put hard cash on the line with anyone here betting that Wade and Amare playing together gets Miami in the title fold again.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite Amare's shortcomings, I will put hard cash on the line with anyone here betting that Wade and Amare playing together gets Miami in the title fold again.

You probably won't get a taker. Add Amare to the current Miami mix and they stand a chance to come out of the east. I wouldn't make them the favorites but I wouldn't place odds against it either. Also, Amare has it in him to play at an incredible level. Who knows, maybe in Miami he'll step up to that level more often.

I'll say this though, if Amare had played in this postseason the way he played in March we'd already be resting up for the NBA Championship series. We're not ripping Amare because of what he's capable of doing, it's because he isn't doing what he's capable of.

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably won't get a taker. Add Amare to the current Miami mix and they stand a chance to come out of the east. I wouldn't make them the favorites but I wouldn't place odds against it either. Also, Amare has it in him to play at an incredible level. Who knows, maybe in Miami he'll step up to that level more often.

I'll say this though, if Amare had played in this postseason the way he played in March we'd already be resting up for the NBA Championship series. We're not ripping Amare because of what he's capable of doing, it's because he isn't doing what he's capable of.

Steve

B.S. The reason the Suns are in the position they are is not solely on Amare. I can point out so many things that other members of this team didn't do as well. Did Amare contribute? Yes. However, I could point out a laundry list of things other players have not done in this series that has nothing to do with Amare.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05