Amare Ought to be Embarassed

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I agree with the both of you. All this season I've been knocking Amare's IQ and defensive inabilities. It's so low for a player who knows the league , how other teams attack and expose him. The mistakes he makes rookies won't even make.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bookmark this thread for when amare inevitably leaves this summer and all the same people are bitching.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Bump!
Amare should apologize that he didn't score 80 pts.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I try to dedicate my game to...uh...the game of basketball." - Amar'e in the postgame interview

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Liked Amar'e's aggressiveness tonight, LA will definitely adjust to it so the Suns will need to hit the three, time for Frye to step up.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"I try to dedicate my game to...uh...the game of basketball." - Amar'e in the postgame interview

My DVR stopped with about 2 mins game time left. Was this due to question posed to him? Did someone ask if he was dedicating this game to something? It doesn't seem like he would just out of the blue say "I dedicate my game to game of basketball". If someone asked, "Did you dedicate this this game to...?" then it was a stupid question which would have caught many NBA guys (not the brightest folks in the land) by surprise....

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My DVR stopped with about 2 mins game time left. Was this due to question posed to him? Did someone ask if he was dedicating this game to something? It doesn't seem like he would just out of the blue say "I dedicate my game to game of basketball". If someone asked, "Did you dedicate this this game to...?" then it was a stupid question which would have caught many NBA guys (not the brightest folks in the land) by surprise....

He was asked (by Sager, I believe) about people criticizing his poor play and questioning his effort and dedication. He said "Don't ever question my dedication. I work every summer. I always give 100%." Then he seemed to get lost and added "I try to dedicate my game to...uh...the game of basketball."

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He was asked (by Sager, I believe) about people criticizing his poor play and questioning his effort and dedication. He said "Don't ever question my dedication. I work every summer. I always give 100%." Then he seemed to get lost and added "I try to dedicate my game to...uh...the game of basketball."

Thanks, BIM, for the recap. He wasn't coached on that response, for sure.

At least Odom didn't get lucky this game. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bookmark this thread for when amare inevitably leaves this summer and all the same people are bitching.

Why bother? This is kind of a no win situation for us. Unless we can get an equal or near equal value sign and trade we're going to get hurt when Amare leaves. But, if the only way to keep the guy is to lock ourselves up with a max length/max dollar contract we're better off letting him walk even if it is for nothing. And simply losing Amare is certainly not going to make us better and no one is suggesting it will.

Steve

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Why bother? This is kind of a no win situation for us. Unless we can get an equal or near equal value sign and trade we're going to get hurt when Amare leaves. But, if the only way to keep the guy is to lock ourselves up with a max length/max dollar contract we're better off letting him walk even if it is for nothing. And simply losing Amare is certainly not going to make us better and no one is suggesting it will.

It's clear thinkers like you who ruin this board for everyone else.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Steve

sometimes you have to pay someone more than they deserve. Unless you are pretty certain you can attract other better players with cap space.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
sometimes you have to pay someone more than they deserve. Unless you are pretty certain you can attract other better players with cap space.

That's exactly the kind of thinking that hamstrings a franchise for years. You cannot be an elite contender allocating disproportionate large sums to players that don't deserve it. Amare is not a max player and paying him like one would be a mistake. Max players are winners. Winners have high basketball iq's. Winners play defense. That's how they win. I don't think Amare is a winner.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe, but it would be a horrendous decision to do so with Amare. When you consider his defensive deficiencies, his inconsistent effort, his questionable public comments, his damaged knees and his eye problem there is no justification sufficient to warrant tying this franchise's future to Amare. Even if he moves on to considerable success elsewhere, the smart decision is to wave goodbye.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Amare was awesome tonight, I give him respect for coming out there and being awake and dominant. It's disappointing that he could not do this in game 1 or 2 because if he wanted to he could. There is no one on the lakers that can guard him and we knew that going into the series.

I think Rolo helped shake things up as well. ROLO is a beast. No doubt the guy is going to be a solid NBA player because he has intelligence, hussle, FT shooting for a guy who is going to get fouled a lot, and inside game with decent footwork inside.

It can be debated if Amare is just playing this hard because he realized his max contract may be slipping out of his hands.... Because he took a lot of heat these few days....and clearly he knew he needed to show heart. That's disappointing, when you have a player on your team who should be showing heart every game. The guy should EASILY get more than 3 rebounds in ANY game. I don't know how much I would want to keep a guy who takes nights off like that. WHen he wants to win and wants to dominate he definitely can score whenever he wants to. If he gets the max contract I don't know how much he will be willing to do that for you though.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Amare was awesome tonight, I give him respect for coming out there and being awake and dominant. It's disappointing that he could not do this in game 1 or 2 because if he wanted to he could. There is no one on the lakers that can guard him and we knew that going into the series.

I think Rolo helped shake things up as well. ROLO is a beast. No doubt the guy is going to be a solid NBA player because he has intelligence, hussle, FT shooting for a guy who is going to get fouled a lot, and inside game with decent footwork inside.

It can be debated if Amare is just playing this hard because he realized his max contract may be slipping out of his hands.... Because he took a lot of heat these few days....and clearly he knew he needed to show heart. That's disappointing, when you have a player on your team who should be showing heart every game. The guy should EASILY get more than 3 rebounds in ANY game. I don't know how much I would want to keep a guy who takes nights off like that. WHen he wants to win and wants to dominate he definitely can score whenever he wants to. If he gets the max contract I don't know how much he will be willing to do that for you though.

I'll give him props also tonight. He was awesome. You're right, though, about him being able to do this any time he wants, and that's sickening, because the effort hasn't been there. Bottomline, he's been taking nights off IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS. Anybody on my team that coasts in a series as big as this is dead to me. Bye bye Amare. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was great to see Amare put forth real effort tonight. It's the best he's looked this postseason but yeah, it begs the question why he hasn't shown this effort earlier.

BTW, did anybody else watch him in the post game comments think he was a pocket protector away from playing Urkel's big brother?:) I think it was the band-aid above the glasses that did it for me.

Steve

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
what happens when he gets benched? He tears it up later. What happens when he is denounced and everybody took notice of his embarrassing performance? He tears it up.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I'll give him props also tonight. He was awesome. You're right, though, about him being able to do this any time he wants, and that's sickening, because the effort hasn't been there. Bottomline, he's been taking nights off IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS. Anybody on my team that coasts in a series as big as this is dead to me. Bye bye Amare. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

That's such a misperception! It's easy for a player to lose focus for some reason. Game 1, the team was trying too hard to get Frye going whose only made 3pt was actually on a pass under basket by Amare. Game 2 was the lucky comment and probably his mother's arrest. In game 3, Rolo played great that helped open up the paint better for Amare, and we got a boost by playing good defense as team, in addition to probably our shrink worked Amare's mind and got rid whatever was on it in games 1 and 2.:p

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare can't win. Plays poorly and people call him lazy, plays well and people say it is only because he is looking at a new contract.

Sure he can win. Play hard on a regular basis and most of these complaints never surface.

Steve

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sure he can win. Play hard on a regular basis and most of these complaints never surface.

Steve

He played well the entire second half of the season and people were saying he was just playing for a contract.

Don't see anyone blasting Lopez for his 3 rebound night. Guess he wasn't trying?

cly2tw

Reaction score
He played well the entire second half of the season and people were saying he was just playing for a contract.

Don't see anyone blasting Lopez for his 3 rebound night. Guess he wasn't trying?

As pointed out by my comments above, there is this misperception that Amare alonde decides whether he plays this well and that he could have it anytime he wanted. So if he plays like this, it's nothing to talk about and he still doesn't deserve a max as he only did so for such a max and would stop doing so after getting it. So, Amare is indeed in a no-win situation with the majority of fans here.