Amare probably done for season - New surgery on right knee

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys really want Stoudemire to come in and play the role of goon? He'd get in to do what? Hack-a-Shaq? Knock the tattoos off of 'Sheed? I'm all for laying all your cards on the table when you've got a shot at the big pot, but why play for the royal flush when it might bust up your full house?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Don't forget, Stoudemire actually looked pretty darn good in his first game back this year. Then his other knee started bothering him and he tailed off quickly from there. But if both knees are good now, I see no reason that he couldn't be an effective contributor off the bench in spot duty. Play him when either O'Neal or Rasheed Wallace sits.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
elindholm said:
If the Suns make the finals and Stoudemire can play, he has to. It's that simple. You don't shrug off a finals berth because maybe you'll get there again in a year or two.

AMEN! You never know when you will get that opportunity again. Every team in the finals says "next year" but all-too-often next year never comes.

I remember being so excited about the Suns for the 76-77 season, after their finals run in 76--and being such a young team and all. But it fell apart and they did not return to the finals for 16 years.

Think of it this way. There is the possibility that this could be Steve Nash's last good year. I'm not trying to be a pessimist, I am just saying "seize the day."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
If the Suns make the finals and Stoudemire can play, he has to. It's that simple. You don't shrug off a finals berth because maybe you'll get there again in a year or two.

Exactly. All too often... tomorrow never comes.

Also as JCSunsfan said, "Think of it this way. There is the possibility that this could be Steve Nash's last good year."

This is not being negative... just realistic. There is no guarantee next year everbody will be healthy. No one knows when the window of opportunity will close.

I agree, if possible, seize the moment.