Amare trades

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
I'd do a trade for Bosh in a heartbeat, but the Suns apparently are not looking for a superstar in this trade. The Yahoo article makes it pretty clear they are looking for expiring contracts, a cheap, younger talent, and draft picks.

So, unless something changes, don't expect to get Dirk, Bosh, Brand or anyone else making big $$, unless their contract is up this year.

It's going to be more along the lines of a veteran with a big, expiring deal who can contribute some this year, some draft picks, and one, maybe two good young players. Only way it's more then one or two is if we send someone (Tucker, etc) with Amare.

Fans are not going to be happy (most likely) with what we get for Amare right now. It's the change in team chemistry that we'll have to see about this year, and it's 'ammo' for an unkown future (ie, cap space and draft picks).

Given we don't have our own pick next year, how about something with OKC that gets our 2010 draft pick back along with their own next year?

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
I just hope we get a better deal then we got for Barkley back in the day.

Sigh.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
You must be registered for see images attach
Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players
Chris Andersen
Salary: $797,581 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.1 REB: 5.5 AST: 0.4 PER: 17.59
Kenyon Martin
Salary: $14,431,816 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 13.0 REB: 6.4 AST: 2.3 PER: 14.94
Dahntay Jones
PTS: 6.0 REB: 2.3 AST: 1.0 PER: 9.17

Outgoing Players: Amare Stoudemire
Denver Nuggets

Incoming Players
Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.0 REB: 8.1 AST: 2.0 PER: 20.56

Outgoing Players: Chris Andersen, Kenyon Martin, Dahntay Jones
------------------------------
We then have added some defensive help in both the frontcourt in Birdman and Jones in the backcourt. Defensive guys aren't expensive to re-sign.
We start:
Nash
JRich
Hill
Martin
Shaq

and go with a bench of:
Barbs
Jones
Barnes
Lou/Dudley
Lopez

IMO we'd need another scorer to bring off the bench so it ain't near perfect but its a quick fix in terms of getting some defensive help.
Denver's frontcourt trio of Nene/Amare/Anthony would be pretty explosive and if anyone can feed the hungry mouths of Melo, Stat & JR Smith....it's an unselfish PG like Billups.
I doubt that Denver would dare risk screwing up their existing chemistry & success though....they're currently 3rd in the West, but ya never know.
Also, as many have mentioned here, Amare may not be as valuable as SUNS fans(including myself) believe.

Last edited:

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
What do you think?

Amare and

Barbosa

for

Okafor
Felton
G.Wallace

G.Wallace is seriously injuried, broken ribs and collapsed lung. If he's healthy, it might be an acceptable deal for the Suns, though not very good.

But it won't happen anyway, Larry Brown won't bring Amare and Diaw together.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
how about STAT, LB and Tucker
for marion Beas and quinn?

i checked salaries and they work out fine

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Suns are looking to dump salary. Any deal that involves the Suns bringing back equal salary that isn't an expiring contract will never happen no matter how good the players are.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I was bored.... how about a 3-way that looks something like this:

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players

Michael Beasley
Salary: $4,314,960 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 13.5 REB: 5.4 AST: 0.9 PER: 15.33

Rudy Fernandez
Salary: $1,084,080 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 10.7 REB: 3.0 AST: 2.1 PER: 15.57

Raef LaFrentz
Salary: $12,722,500 Years Remaining: 1

Sergio Rodriguez
Salary: $874,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.5 REB: 1.6 AST: 3.6 PER: 12.01

Outgoing Players: Matt Barnes, Amare Stoudemire

Portland Trail Blazers

Incoming Players

Shawn Marion
Salary: $17,810,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 12.1 REB: 8.8 AST: 1.8 PER: 15.99

Matt Barnes
PTS: 9.7 REB: 5.3 AST: 2.0 PER: 11.30

Outgoing Players: Rudy Fernandez, Raef LaFrentz, Sergio Rodriguez

Miami Heat

Incoming Players

Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 20.9 REB: 8.2 AST: 2.0 PER: 20.40

Outgoing Players: Shawn Marion, Michael Beasley

Last edited:

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
That's a good trade. I'm all in on that one. Good, cheap, young talent. Expiring contract. Fair all around.

The only question is if POR wants to be loaded up on the wing like that....

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
That's a good trade. I'm all in on that one. Good, cheap, young talent. Expiring contract. Fair all around.

The only question is if POR wants to be loaded up on the wing like that....

I heard they were thinking about acquiring Richard Jefferson so they are in the market for a SF, I added Barnes to make the salary's work.... they would probably want something other than another SF (Barnes).

HooverDam

Reaction score
Thanks ! I Love congrats from an idiot .

I'd be interested to know what I did to make you think I'm an idiot. Lets break down what your initial proposition was:

A 1st or 2nd Team, young Power Forward, who's a starting All Star & a starter quality small forward with a very good contract for:

An over the hill Shooting Guard (when the Suns already have a shooting guard better than him) and a forward who's never averaged 7 points a game.

Furthermore, Vince has 3 years left on his deal after this year! You think thats what the Suns want?

And I'm an idiot for saying thats an awful proposal?

Now lets break down your other awful ideas:
Another one ? Amare/Tucker for Villanueva/Jefferson

This deal isn't quite as heinous as your previous one, but its not great either. First off for the past 5 years Jefferson has missed 20 games or more, thats not the type of guy you want to move Amare for. Charlie V is a tweener who'll never be an All Star or even near that level, and his deal expires so you may lose him at the end of the year anyhow-this is an instance when you don't really want an expiring deal, as its not an expiring old/garbage player, its a decent young player your front office would theoretically like.

Let's go, another trade for HooverDam :Amare/Tucker for Maggette/Turiaf/Randolph

This one takes the cake in terms of awfulness. You want to trade Amare Stoudemire to a division foe? Trading him within the West is one thing, but you want to trade him inside your own division, pair him with Monta Ellis and Don Nelson, what sense does that make? Turiaf is a nice roleplayer, but where's the potential star you're receiving in that deal? Maggette? He's nice, but I don't want to build around him. Randolph? He's a stick and who knows what he'll become. You don't move an NBA First teamer for a guy like him.

I think you're confused about what the Suns would hope to achieve and receive by moving Amare, maybe thats why your proposals have been so bad. The Suns would likely want the following if they moved Amare:
1. Expiring contracts of older/crappy players to match Amare's salary
2. A good young player, a potential All Star type
3. Draft picks, of the first round variety
4. Roleplayers with good contracts

All of your trades have been short on 1-3, though have had #4 in spades.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I just hope we get a better deal then we got for Barkley back in the day.

Sigh.

Some of the chips of that Barkley deal landed Phoenix J-Kidd.

On paper, it looked like a rip-off, but at the end of the day, the byproducts of that deal actually made the Suns look good.

Also, some of the suggestions in here? Those deals would make the worst of the worst seem like brilliant deals.

Reaction score
Ok, sorry, you are not an idiot.
I read this forum and everybody is trying to give scenarios for a trade about Amare. I just try to give some stupid trades, because the situation is hilarious. Some guys want to trade for a superstar......but Amare is NOT a superstar ! Starting All Star ? Yeah, but he doesn't deserves it. He is just lazy, terrible in defense, and inable to grab some rebounds.
I see some people here who wants to trade Amare for picks and youngs fellas......but Shaq, Hill and Nash are trying to win a ring NOW. You know like me that Phoenix will never win a title this year or next if they trade Amare for Tyrus Thomas, Jeff Green or Aldridge. So you have to trade the 3 old men too.......it will never happens.

The only trade who can make this team better, is having Rasheed Wallace IMO. He can play with Shaq inside, he can defend on Duncan or Gasol.......

Remember that Miami has won a ring with Haslem as a starting PF......Phoenix need a guy who can do the dirty jobs inside : rebounds, blocks, mid-range shots. The Suns need this kind of player, and maybe a back up PG......they don't need another Star who can score 25 points in a game.......we have enough guys in here for that. Just try to trade Amare for good players, not for an All Star or anything else.

PS: i'm not American, sorry if my english is bad.

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
Here's the kind of deal that I'd like from Chicago. I want Amare gone about as much as I want an extra hole in the head, but if a deal is to be made, this is the kind I'm in favor of.

Noah, Deng, Gordon, a pick and Filler for Barbosa and Amare.

That's what I find to be an acceptable deal for Phoenix.

The Bulls get one of the league's better bigs and give Derrick Rose a hell of a chip to work with. They also get Barbosa, who's familar with Vinny D and could give Rose yet another chip to work around.

Phoenix gets another defensive hustler in the post, an all around well rounded player who they SHOULD have had before D'Antoni/Sarver got cheap and stupid with the pick and an explosive scorer who can both start and spell Richardson off the bench. They also get another 1st.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Here's the kind of deal that I'd like from Chicago. I want Amare gone about as much as I want an extra hole in the head, but if a deal is to be made, this is the kind I'm in favor of.

Noah, Deng, Gordon, a pick and Filler for Barbosa and Amare.

That's what I find to be an acceptable deal for Phoenix.

The Bulls get one of the league's better bigs and give Derrick Rose a hell of a chip to work with. They also get Barbosa, who's familar with Vinny D and could give Rose yet another chip to work around.

Phoenix gets another defensive hustler in the post, an all around well rounded player who they SHOULD have had before D'Antoni/Sarver got cheap and stupid with the pick and an explosive scorer who can both start and spell Richardson off the bench. They also get another 1st.

Not bad, but not sure why the Suns give up Barbs for Gordon - basically the same player, and Barbs has the better contract and more upside (see his improvement this year).

Also, Deng has a pretty long contract, and you would want to ship Tucker and Barnes if bringing back a SF needing minutes (Deng).

I think a trade with Chicago involves Gooden, Thomas, Thabo and Noah + picks for Amare/Barnes or Tucker. Leaves the Suns with pieces (as you rightly noted regarding the Barkley trade) but keeps them competitive this year.

Only issues are: is it enough talent for Amare and does it reduce payroll enough this year/next?

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
What are folks thoughts on Aldridge from Portland? Can he fit in better with Shaq when he's on the court, but then run n gun with Nash, all while playing better defense than Amare?

I haven't seen enough Portland games.

Cause if he is the right PF for the Suns, the best trade out for the professed needs of the Suns might be Aldridge, Bayless, LaFrentz for Amare/Tucker. I know Portland may balk, but Amare next to Oden, with Roy in the backcourt and just about any pick n roll PG (Blake, Sergio) is a really nice team.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
If the Suns can get Aldridge from Portland they have to look into that deal over most of the others. Aldridge is exactly what the Suns shoudl be looking for, a young player who could turn into a star in a few years.

The problem is do the Blazers want to move Aldridge for Amare or try and find a deal that brings in a SF.

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
Aldridge, one of the PG (Bayless perhaps?) and a draft pick for Amare? That's not too shabby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05