Amare trades

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Aldridge, one of the PG (Bayless perhaps?) and a draft pick for Amare? That's not too shabby.

I am getting mad. Aldridge? Are we talking about the LaMarcus Aldridge of the Blazers? A very soft big man, weak defender, terrible rebounder, little low post game. Why are you guys so high on him? ...

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I am getting mad. Aldridge? Are we talking about the LaMarcus Aldridge of the Blazers? A very soft big man, weak defender, terrible rebounder, little low post game. Why are you guys so high on him? ...

Ace, don't get me wrong. You won't find a poster here who is more against the idea of trading Amare than me. I do not want him moved period.

Looking at deals, and some of the doozies that have been bantered about here, I'm just commenting on the ones that are at least semi-decent.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How about this one:

SAC sends:

C Brad Miller
PF Jason Thompson
PG Beno Udrih

PHX sends:
PF Amare Stoudamire

Miller is an expiring, Thompson was a target for us in the draft, Udrih was a FA target last summer. I suppose everyone would want Salmons over Udrih but I feel Udrih is a better PG than Salmons but Salmons is a better player, we need a backup PG IMO.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
A news update.

Chicago Bulls forward Drew Gooden will rest his strained left groin until at least the All-Star break. Gooden, who has missed the past nine games with the ailing groin, will decide after the break whether to have surgery. HoopsWorld

This will effectively take Gooden out of a possible deal. Hinrich in?

Last edited:

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
A news update.

This will effectively take Gooden out of a possible deal. Hinrich in?

Huge $$ difference plus results on the floor this year. Gooden's deal expires this year and is key to a deal with the Bulls. He also could play decent minutes as a defending PF. Hinrich would be great as a Nash backup, but he makes $10mil this year and has 3 years left on his deal (thru 2012).

No way Suns are paying Nash 12+, JRich 12+, Hinrich 10+ and Barbs 6+. That's a 40+ million dollar backcourt that can't play much defense.

Any guard that comes back in trade needs to be cheap (ie, an old veteran or real talent on a rookie deal). Unless you trade Nash or JRich.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
How about this one:

SAC sends:

C Brad Miller
PF Jason Thompson
PG Beno Udrih

PHX sends:
PF Amare Stoudamire

Miller is an expiring, Thompson was a target for us in the draft, Udrih was a FA target last summer. I suppose everyone would want Salmons over Udrih but I feel Udrih is a better PG than Salmons but Salmons is a better player, we need a backup PG IMO.

Thompson's nice, but still a long term project IMHO.

Miller's contract expiring would be ok and he'd give them a servicable big man.

Udrih? Blah. No thanks.

Overall, it doesn't suck but I'm not crazy about it.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Doesn't Brad Miller's contract expire in 2010?? I'd just say no...

Bobby Jackson's expires this year but he's only around $6 Million.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was bored so I concocted a Suns overhaul.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dj9hbf

Part 1:

Barbosa and Barnes to NY for David Lee and Jerome James

Phoenix does this because Lee replaces Stoudemire in the trade to come and James is an expiring 6 million contract. NY does this because D'Antoni loves Barbosa and they are not going to resign Lee. I know NY does not want to take back contracts past 2010, but perhaps they feel that Barbs is part of their long-term plans.

Part 2:
A 3 way between Phoenix, Memphis, and Miami

Phoenix trades: Amar'e Stoudemire and Alando Tucker
Phoenix receives: Gay, Chalmers, Buckner

Memphis trades: Rudy Gay, Greg Buckner
Memphis receives: Michael Beasley, Mark Blount

Miami trades: Michael Beasley, Mark Blount, Mario Chalmers
Miami receives: Amar'e Stoudemire, Alando Tucker

picks can be disbursed as needed.

It appears that Phoenix gets the short end of the second deal, but keep in mind we came out ahead in the Barbosa deal. The Suns effectively traded Amar'e, Barbs, Barnes, and Tucker, for Lee, Gay, Chalmers, Buckner, and James.

Here is the outcome. The Suns are reborn.

Nash, Chalmers, Dragic
Richardson, Buckner
Gay, Hill,
Lee, Amundson
Shaq, James, Lopez

The only potential problem I see is, how do we resign Lee? He will probably warrant a Boris-Diaw-like contract, 9 to 10 million per year.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Thompson's nice, but still a long term project IMHO.

Miller's contract expiring would be ok and he'd give them a servicable big man.

Udrih? Blah. No thanks.

Overall, it doesn't suck but I'm not crazy about it.

How does that not suck?

Effectively trading an allstar starter before his prime for a mid first round pick an expiring contract and a bench player.

That is awful.

Players like Amare are worth another allstar and like two first round picks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05