Amare trades

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I am now for trading Amare. There are some who say that the Suns are in the playoff hunt and this team needs more time. If the Kevin Garnetts of the world can be traded then Amare is not untouchable.

The deal is if we are going to trade Amare we need to do it now, his value will drop because if we trade him in the summer teams will not give up alot for someone who can opt out after the year. This team needs a change we will not be in the playoff hunt much longer.

Deals I like:

PHX - Amare

for

CHI - Hinrich, Gooden, Thomas

or

CHA - Okafor & Felton

or

TOR - Bosh

or

NJ - Carter & Lopez

PHX - Amare & LB

for

MIN - Al Jefferson, Randy Foye & Mike Miller

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
If Elton Brand is available, will you make a trade?

I'm about to say post this.

Elton Brand, 29, at his prime age, a career 20+10 true PF, quite a good defender, also a great shot blocker.

The problem is, he's current physical condition and form is very questionable. Has just returned to bench after missing many games. He is maybe only 60% at the moment.

Will our FO gamble on him just like the gamble on Shaq? Another wonder of Phoenix medic and training staff?

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched 76ers' narrow win at Houston, 95:93. Elton Brand played 25 minutes for 14 points (6-10), 7 rebounds, and most impressively, 6 blocks. He looks a little slow on foot, but overall in good condition, maybe 70%. There is no sign of either the achilles tendon injury (last season), or the recent right shoulder injury (last month), as the 6 blocks indicates.

Brand fits half-court game much much better than Amare, he is that type of PF who like to bang inside, has had experience playing alongside another big man, Kaman in the Clippers and Dalembert in 76ers. Meanwhile, his contract is 13.7M for this year, less than Amare.

It is a very very interesting situation. We'll see ...

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I'm on board for the Brand trade IF they're giving us multiple first round picks. If not, pass.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Oh please, I've seen people suggest worst. I would love to see what you think a fair trade for Amare would look like or are you one of the few that feel we should keep him?

BTW, the CHA trade would be a win-win. With Okafor & Felton we get a double double guy who plays defense (better than Lee who people have been pimping) and a young PG to replace Nash. Felton has been on the block with the emergence of Augustin.

Okafor & Felton = 27ppg, 14rpg, 7asp and fill 2 of our biggest needs. With our draft pick we could get another scoring big man. Stoudamire has become a model of inconsistency and is as good as gone in 2010, if we are going to trade him, trade him now while he has good value. Plus he goes to CHA which isn't a playoff team rather than somewhere like CHI where they would be a playoff team with Amare.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Think Philly would do Amare and Barnes for Brand, Young and a pick?

cly2tw

Reaction score
The problem is Porter's inability to make Shaq-Nash coexist well enough to win. Amare struggle is just byproduct, since the Shaq and Nash dominate the ball on offense.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
If the Suns enter total rebuilding mode, I'd like them to try a trade with Memphis : Amare + Dragic for Conley, Arthur, Milicic and Buckner.

Conley would be our PG of the future, Arthur is a quick PF with a back to the basket game, a mid-range jumper and a decent defense, Milicic is well, Milicic (he's only 23, after all) and Buckner is cap fodder.

The Suns may get rid of all of them after the 09/10 season (team options for Conley and Arthur, Milicic will be a FA and Buckner's contract is only partially guaranteed beyond next year).

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could people please stop with the David Lee nonsense, the guy is a good role player thats it! Why people think he would be good here is a mystery

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You GO Houston!
----------------------
This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
You must be registered for see images attach
Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players
Carl Landry
Salary: $3,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 9.4 REB: 5.1 AST: 0.7 PER: 18.26
Offer Matched When a team exercises the right of first refusal to keep a Restricted Free Agent cannot trade the player for 1 year without the player's consent. The player cannot be traded to the team that gave the offer sheet. (Bobcats).
Brent Barry
Salary: $1,910,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.2 REB: 2.0 AST: 1.5 PER: 9.74
Ron Artest
Salary: $7,400,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.2 REB: 5.5 AST: 3.0 PER: 15.27

Outgoing Players: Amare Stoudemire
Houston Rockets

Incoming Players
Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.2 REB: 8.1 AST: 2.1 PER: 20.76

Outgoing Players: Carl Landry, Brent Barry, Ron Artest

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Too easy?

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players
Dirk Nowitzki
Salary: $18,077,904 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 25.8 REB: 8.3 AST: 2.4 PER: 23.67
Dallas Mavericks

Incoming Players
Amare Stoudemire
PTS: 21.2 REB: 8.1 AST: 2.1 PER: 20.75
Outgoing Players: Dirk Nowitzki

cly2tw

Reaction score
Too easy?

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players
Dirk Nowitzki
Salary: $18,077,904 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 25.8 REB: 8.3 AST: 2.4 PER: 23.67
Dallas Mavericks

Incoming Players
Amare Stoudemire
PTS: 21.2 REB: 8.1 AST: 2.1 PER: 20.75
Outgoing Players: Dirk Nowitzki

Again, Amare is not the problem and Dirk is not the solution.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Barnes will need to be added with Stoudemire for that Rockets deal.

Suns can then go with..

C: O'Neal
PF: Landry
SF: Artest
SG: Richardson
PG: Nash

PG/SG: Barbosa
SG/SF: Hill
PG/SG/SF: Barry
SF/PF: Dudley
PF/C: Amundson
PF/C: Lopez

Barry, Hill and Barbosa can be an effective trio, since Barry and Hill can handle the ball and make plays.

I think Landry given the minutes will put up 8~9 points, 9~10 rebounds.
Artest gives you that tough perimeter player who can score sometimes.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Could people please stop with the David Lee nonsense, the guy is a good role player thats it! Why people think he would be good here is a mystery
Amare a guy whos is starting PF in the playoffs, for David Lee a Role Player or Noah, Some of these trades are KAH-RAAZY!!

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
You GO Houston!
----------------------
Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players
Carl Landry
Salary: $3,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 9.4 REB: 5.1 AST: 0.7 PER: 18.26
Offer Matched When a team exercises the right of first refusal to keep a Restricted Free Agent cannot trade the player for 1 year without the player's consent. The player cannot be traded to the team that gave the offer sheet. (Bobcats).
Brent Barry
Salary: $1,910,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.2 REB: 2.0 AST: 1.5 PER: 9.74
Ron Artest
Salary: $7,400,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.2 REB: 5.5 AST: 3.0 PER: 15.27

Houston Rockets

Incoming Players
Amare Stoudemire
PTS: 21.2 REB: 8.1 AST: 2.1 PER: 20.76

Outgoing Players: Carl Landry, Brent Barry, Ron Artest

That's an interesting suggestion. We have many many Houston games on TV here because of YAO, so I know a bit of them.

Artest will definitely be a great upgrade for us at SF. He defends better than Hill and shoots 3 very well. That will cause rotation problem, though. Hill and Barnes can both play 2 and 3, it will be too crowded with Barbosa playing a lot of time at 2. I would suggest to trade Barbosa to OKC for Wilcox, who is a legit starting PF.

Barry is old, he can play the point a bit but not much better than Barbosa. I assume the reason to get him is we'll lose Barbosa.

Landry is a very good role player, excellent efficiency in limit minutes. But I'm not sure he can handle starter job here, and especially while Amundson is doing well. If we could get Wilcox by LB, I would rather take another filler such as Head and a first round draft pic instead.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's an interesting suggestion. We have many many Houston games on TV here because of YAO, so I know a bit of them.

Artest will definitely be a great upgrade for us at SF. He defends better than Hill and shoots 3 very well. That will cause rotation problem, though. Hill and Barnes can both play 2 and 3, it will be too crowded with Barbosa playing a lot of time at 2. I would suggest to trade Barbosa to OKC for Wilcox, who is a legit starting PF.

Barry is old, he can play the point a bit but not much better than Barbosa. I assume the reason to get him is we'll lose Barbosa.

Landry is a very good role player, excellent efficiency in limit minutes. But I'm not sure he can handle starter job here, and especially while Amundson is doing well. If we could get Wilcox by LB, I would rather take another filler such as Head and a first round draft pic instead.
I've been accused of having a man-crush for Ron Ron on this board in the past, when in fact i just like the idea of bringing in a guy that can make an immediate impact for your team defensively as well as a guy that isn't a liability offensively.
Yeah he's a head case but he seems to have grown up a bit over the last 2 yrs. I remember pre Shaq trade last year i was clamoring for a Marion for Artest trade that would of allowed DA to continue running and gunning up & down the court but with a guy that could create a shot in the half court and more importantly "D" up on the Ginobli's of the world.
Artest is an expiring contract so i really don't see the big risk in bringing him in despite his checkered past.
As far as Landry starting, i'll take your word that he may not be ready but the few times i've seen him play he appears to be pretty talented.
The problem i see in my trade proposal is what to do with G. Hill. He's obviously played much better as a starter and you can't sit Ron Ron. In the end IMO you'd have to just bring Hill off the bench.
Also another poster suggested moving Barnes in this deal.....i would have to agree i suppose, although however unpopular it would be i would move Hill before Barnes. Tough decision there but we would definately have a logjam @ SF.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Amare for Bosh/Ukic. Money works, we get a better defensive PF, and a semi-capable backup PG. He played pretty good against the Lakers when Calderon was out.

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players
Roko Ukic
Salary: $1,250,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.3 REB: 1.0 AST: 1.8 PER: 10.45
Chris Bosh
Salary: $14,410,581 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 22.7 REB: 9.5 AST: 2.4 PER: 22.43

Toronto Raptors

Incoming Players
Amare Stoudemire
PTS: 21.0 REB: 8.1 AST: 2.0 PER: 20.56

Outgoing Players: Roko Ukic, Chris Bosh

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Toronto wouldn't do Bosh for Stoudemire straight-up, unless Bryan Colangelo is a fool.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Toronto wouldn't do Bosh for Stoudemire straight-up, unless Bryan Colangelo is a fool.

Bosh is injured right now, so we'll see. Suns won't trade Nash or Barbosa, and I'm pretty confident we're not getting rid of Hill or Barnes. Only others are rookies, but I can see Tucker in a deal.