Anderson

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Just wondering everbody's thoughts,

Now that Jamaal Anderson is done with his one year hiatus, and he and doctors feel he is fully recovered from his last knee injury...........

And he says he is ready to make a comeback..................

You see where I'm going with this.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right!!! We should have tagged Boston!!!! (Woops! Thought this was the Colvin thread!!!) :D :D :D

OP
OP
Brian

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Tango,

Seriously.

I don't want Emmitt to come in for reasons I have posted many times (don't want Shipp to take a seat while Emmitt trys to run for 20,000 etc.)

But according to Len Pasquarelli, he's ready to come back and I haven't forgotten what a HORSE he was a couple of years ago. He is a class guy and could teach Marcel a couple things.

If the price is reasonable, what's the down side?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by HarleyRider
Tango,

Seriously.

I don't want Emmitt to come in for reasons I have posted many times (don't want Shipp to take a seat while Emmitt trys to run for 20,000 etc.)

But according to Len Pasquarelli, he's ready to come back and I haven't forgotten what a HORSE he was a couple of years ago. He is a class guy and could teach Marcel a couple things.

If the price is reasonable, what's the down side?

But is it ok for Shipp to sit and give up carries to Anderson? I understand why you don't want Emmitt but I would just as soon not force Shipp to give up ANY carries.

I was hoping this thread would have been about Damien Anderson. I think he is a good back and hope he gets a long look this year...and some carries.

OP
OP
Brian

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
I only say that because I think there is a big difference between Emmitt and Jamaal.

Emmitt is trying to finish out his career, and Jamaal was absolutely one of the best in the league at his position before his second knee injury. The guy was absolutely unbelievable. Think about it for a minute and you'll remember.

All I'm saying is he's been out for a year and a half (didn't rush coming back) and he hasn't taken the pounding for nearly two seasons (which is why I don't care if he is 32)

If the price is right, say a one or two year tender at close to minimum, the upside is he gains 1,300 plus, which he's proven he can do. The down side is he gets hurt again and you're not out much.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew the distiction you were making between Emmitt and Anderson. I am just not sure the Cards should take carries away from Shipp after what he showed last year.

Now, do I think it would be wise to look into Anderson and bring him out for a physical? Yes because if the price was right, he might be worth it. I just happen to like our RBs right now. None are Anderson caliber, I admit, but I just think there are so many other holes that need dealing with.