Anyone watching Jeremy Lin?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Vazquez looks like the better guard in my eyes. I wish we had him. Give any guard this much usage & shots and they'll score like Lin.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vazquez looks like the better guard in my eyes. I wish we had him. Give any guard this much usage & shots and they'll score like Lin.

You can have Vasquez and I'll take Lin. Despite tonight's game, I'll win and you won't. As simple as that.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I knew you'd jump in here as soon as Lin has a remotely bad game. :rolleyes:

You're about as transparent as you are a self-hating Asian.

Did I say anything about tonight's game? I love Vasquez's court vision. That's all I said. I like guards who pass. And yet I'm called a transparent self hating Asian.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Did I say anything about tonight's game? I love Vasquez's court vision. That's all I said. I like guards who pass. And yet I'm called a transparent self hating Asian.
Jeremy Lin is more than a ballplayer. He is a marketing bonanza for the NBA.

Worldwide, even more than Dr. J, Magic & Bird and Michael.

The NBA is certainly more than just a sport. It is a revenue producing business. You can't evaluate one without the other.

Especially following the lockout. Stern couldn't have dreamed for a better bailout.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you prepared for the Lin Dynasty?

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty cool Kung Fu movie.

If it stars Angelo Mao (does anybody remember her?), I'm there. Actually, it's my very own nickname for the guy and I knew you'd love it.:)

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Lin apply for the copyrights to the word "Linsanity." It seems like I read it some where.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I will watch Lin for the first time on sunday. Hopefully the JET and roddy b will be back for that game. interested to see how he looks against the mavericks defense. they have been smothering teams of late especially in the halfcourt. tonight Lin had more turnovers than assists? is that true?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will watch Lin for the first time on sunday. Hopefully the JET and roddy b will be back for that game. interested to see how he looks against the mavericks defense. they have been smothering teams of late especially in the halfcourt. tonight Lin had more turnovers than assists? is that true?

Yeah, he had a tough night. He had 8 turnovers in the first half but just 1 in the second half.

Steve

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah, he had a tough night. He had 8 turnovers in the first half but just 1 in the second half.

Steve
well that's part of learning how to play the point. not a good stat, because turnovers usually lead to points in transition. but he still scored 26 points. obviously this dude can score the ball so that will keep him on the floor. the mavericks are dealing with some injuries at PG and turnovers were hurting them in tonights game when j-kidd was on the bench.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
well that's part of learning how to play the point. not a good stat, because turnovers usually lead to points in transition. but he still scored 26 points. obviously this dude can score the ball so that will keep him on the floor. the mavericks are dealing with some injuries at PG and turnovers were hurting them in tonights game when j-kidd was on the bench.

https://twitter.com/#!/IanBegley
So far, Jeremy Lin has 44 turnovers in his first seven starts. That is a NBA record (since 1977-78). Glen Robinson second with 38, via Elias.

Not pointing anything out, just saw that on twitter. I'm sure someone here is flipping out because I posted that lol.

cly2tw

Reaction score
To everybody's surprise, his PnR game with Amare isn't working well at all yet. And he even doesn't feel comfortable to gauge the passes to Amare, with two direct TOs for example. He has ways to go on decision makings to be like Nash in his last couple reasons with the Mavs.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So far, Jeremy Lin has 44 turnovers in his first seven starts. That is a NBA record (since 1977-78). Glen Robinson second with 38, via Elias.

Not pointing anything out, just saw that on twitter. I'm sure someone here is flipping out because I posted that lol.
well turnovers are not good for a PG. he is scoring a lot of points and still getting a lot of assists. but if you finish with more turnovers than assists at that position you are typically going to lose games.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turnovers are never good but they can be a sign of aggressive play making. Nash gets his share by trying to make plays. They are not always the fault of the PG. I have not watched Lin enough to make an informed opinion.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, you do seem to focus on the negative with the guy but it's true, he does turn the ball over too often. He tends to try and make the low percentage pass too often but some of his TO's are due to players still adjusting to his style. Like Nash, he will force the ball in between defenders and the recipient of the pass isn't always expecting the ball.

Hopefully he'll settle down on this because he really shouldn't try to duplicate Nash in this regard. For one thing, he isn't as precise as Nash with his passes and for another it's still a low percentage play even if you can thread the needle. There are just too many other options out there to take this kind of risk.

Steve

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well, you do seem to focus on the negative with the guy but it's true, he does turn the ball over too often. He tends to try and make the low percentage pass too often but some of his TO's are due to players still adjusting to his style. Like Nash, he will force the ball in between defenders and the recipient of the pass isn't always expecting the ball.

Hopefully he'll settle down on this because he really shouldn't try to duplicate Nash in this regard. For one thing, he isn't as precise as Nash with his passes and for another it's still a low percentage play even if you can thread the needle. There are just too many other options out there to take this kind of risk.

Steve
Yeah for the PG it is different. it's one thing if you are at another position....and it's ok to have some turnovers because you are being aggressive. no great passing PG is going to have no turnovers in a game. but the greatest point guards(that pass the rock) have a low turnover rate to assists. in j-kidd's first game back from injury last week he had a lot of turnovers and the mavs won the game, but all j-kidd talked about after the game was how poor he played and how he almost lost the game for his team. he also had a key turnover against the clippers late that almost cost the mavs the game. so it happens to the best of them. kidd is old, but he still gets it done passing, great defense, and making shots. he almost had another triple double tonight.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Turnovers are never good but they can be a sign of aggressive play making. Nash gets his share by trying to make plays. They are not always the fault of the PG. I have not watched Lin enough to make an informed opinion.
no doubt...kind of like playing qb...the best ones have to be willing to make plays. and sometimes they are going to make mistakes, but they have to shake it off and go back out and make the play the next time. I don't know much about Lin, but he is obviously doing something right.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no doubt...kind of like playing qb...the best ones have to be willing to make plays. and sometimes they are going to make mistakes, but they have to shake it off and go back out and make the play the next time. I don't know much about Lin, but he is obviously doing something right.

Lin appears to be the perfect PG candidate for Nash to teach. Too bad the Suns were not the team to pick him off the waiver wire.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Espn leada with "A ***** in the Armor" re Knicks loss tonight and Lins 9 turnover.

I am dumbfounded. Care about racial derogatory terms doesnt seem to apply to asians.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Espn leada with "A ***** in the Armor" re Knicks loss tonight and Lins 9 turnover.

I am dumbfounded. Care about racial derogatory terms doesnt seem to apply to asians.

They were probably so caught up in their own coverage, they didn't even think about it sadly.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I understand what you are trying to say about turnovers but you do realize that our two time MVP has been one of the league leaders in turnovers from his position year in and year out right? Nash is currently #5 in the NBA.

I am not saying that it's not an important stat because I think turnovers are important when your on a bad to mediocre defensive team which I think is the real issue and a staple on D'Antoni teams. Poor defensive teams have a much smaller margin of error and the reason why I have always felt the Suns could not get over the hump. This team never got stops when it counted and poured salt in the wound with stupid turnovers.

Westbrook (#1 in turnovers) and LeBron (#4 in turnovers) are on two of the best defensive teams and I don't think those turnovers are as big a deal IMO. Just saying that looking at the pure # of turnovers only is not enough.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I understand what you are trying to say about turnovers but you do realize that our two time MVP has been one of the league leaders in turnovers from his position year in and year out right? Nash is currently #5 in the NBA.

I am not saying that it's not an important stat because I think turnovers are important when your on a bad to mediocre defensive team which I think is the real issue and a staple on D'Antoni teams. Poor defensive teams have a much smaller margin of error and the reason why I have always felt the Suns could not get over the hump. This team never got stops when it counted and poured salt in the wound with stupid turnovers.

Westbrook (#1 in turnovers) and LeBron (#4 in turnovers) are on two of the best defensive teams and I don't think those turnovers are as big a deal IMO. Just saying that looking at the pure # of turnovers only is not enough.
westbrook is a scoring point guard like rose or iverson was before. that makes it even worse that he leads the league in turnovers because it means that he probably has a poor turnover to assist ratio and isn't doing much to get his teammates open shots. I don't know the number so I could be wrong. But i'm certain that nash typically has more assists than turnovers which is where a PG should be judged.

OKC is improving their defense and they have some big guys that can't score to save their life, but can block shots and rebound the ball.

Last edited: