Are you kidding me?!

Phoenix Blue

Postus Whorus Maximus
Reaction score
Well aren't we just a force to be laughed at... Unbelieveable giving up a 19 point lead and losing to a bunch of bench warmers and Lamar Odom... Ridiculous.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Yeah pretty Sad. I guess Mike's love affiar with James Jones and Marcus Banks will end now.

hawaiiansun

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah pretty Sad. I guess Mike's love affiar with James Jones and Marcus Banks will end now.

I don't know how you can come to that after one game man, come on lets give them the chance they deserve. Sometimes players shots dont fall and for the most part, I think Banks did pretty well.

OP
OP
Phoenix Blue

Phoenix Blue

Postus Whorus Maximus
Reaction score
Someone must have told the Suns that they were only playing half court today... They sure as heck didnt show up on the defensive side of the court... They were slow lazy and bullied all night down low. I mean come on at least try. They didnt box out or anything... My wife must have a headache after listening to me complain for the rest of the game after the first quarter.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Banks got too much time, but he wasn't that bad with the time he got. Had some defensive lapses, but otherwise, he did pretty well, especially near the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd when we didn't relinquish the lead.

Strangely, it was when Nash came back in that the lead shrunk.

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
I think this loss was contributed to Nash sitting a little too long after the first big lead. I know they want to keep his minutes down but he lost the flow of the game. Once that happened they never recovered. Mike D'Antoni know's this and it will get fixed. I just think there is going to kind of be an adjustment period for his substitution patterns. We will be fine.

As for James Jones the jury is still out. I don't like the idea of a designated sharpshooter not knocking down shots.

On another note I wish there was a way barbs could start but it's not going to happen because he's a hell of a six man. He really lit it up tonight.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Yeah I am not really that down on anyone,

However, I think Mike felt the game was over and milked Banks a little too long. Banks runs the Steph style of BB we have seen a few years back. I don't know how long he will go with him before pulling him back minuets.

James Jones better start shooting or he will see alot of bench time also.

D'antoni will run 8 if he can't get his act together

hawaiiansun

Registered
Reaction score
Im looking forward to the post game comments. I want to see what D'Antoni, Amare, and crew have to say. Better not be another rollercoaster ride Amare!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Banks got too much time, but he wasn't that bad with the time he got. Had some defensive lapses, but otherwise, he did pretty well, especially near the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd when we didn't relinquish the lead.

Strangely, it was when Nash came back in that the lead shrunk.

THat's true Banks wasn't horrible and he wasn't good. He was average. But to me what Banks does is he by his slow down isolation style/shoot the 3 style is let other teams back into the game by getting the suns out of rythm. This happened tonight.

Now couple this with Junior Jones and is 0-4 start and another 3's from Bank and it's by by 16 pt lead....

So the question is, this bench are they ging to actua;ly expand on leads or do we need to hold our breath all year just hoping they don't completely change the tempo of the entire game?

hawaiiansun

Registered
Reaction score
THat's true Banks wasn't horrible and he wasn't good. He was average. But to me what Banks does is he by his slow down isolation style/shoot the 3 style is let other teams back into the game by getting the suns out of rythm. This happened tonight.

Now couple this with Junior Jones and is 0-4 start and another 3's from Bank and it's by by 16 pt lead....

So the question is, this bench are they ging to actua;ly expand on leads or do we need to hold our breath all year just hoping they don't completely change the tempo of the entire game?

Banks is trying to learn the system. I have confidence in him. Our bench last year was pretty much the same, and the year before that. Somehow they just cannot maintain the lead. I want to see Diaw out there with LB and Banks, and Amare out there with Nash.

OP
OP
Phoenix Blue

Phoenix Blue

Postus Whorus Maximus
Reaction score
Yeah Amare will definately get the bulk of his playing time with Nash. Just as the announcers said, its gonna be about his conditioning improving.

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score

Be prepared to look like a blueberry.

Ode to Ocho

Registered
Reaction score
Good game Phoenix. Honestly, the Lakers didn't even deserve that win based on how they played in the 1st quarter. They lucked out and played smart when Phoenix went cold. Bynum sure adds an interesting dynamic to the matchup, he is much better around the basket than Kwame is. Only if he could block some of those Nash floaters..And Odom only plays like that twice a month.

Game was a wild ride. Looking forward to future matchups.

JWF

Veteran
Reaction score
I already posted a similiar response, but the defense was once again the team's downfall. 100 Points should be enough to win consistently in the NBA, but when you cant rebound, and teams have a 58% FG and 50% 3PT, all that offensive work can go down the drain.

They boys just need to go back to work and try to play better tomorrow night. Im certainly not giving up hope after 1 game, or even after 20 games for that matter, but its clear there is still some defensive work to be done to avoid another postseason exit.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum is playing strong and he has a lot of heart for a 19 year old kid. Farmar also looked good and solid in crunch time.

Re: Bynum having a good mind for the game..late in the fourth the Lakers got a steal and Smush started to run the ball up the court, and Bynum runs by him giving a slow down, slow the hell down sign with his hand...and Smush slowed up and stopped running. That's fantastic leadership and shocked the hell out of me. I hope he comes out like that every game, but he's still very young and very raw....but he's gonna be a good one.

OP
OP
Phoenix Blue

Phoenix Blue

Postus Whorus Maximus
Reaction score
Pregame conversation....

Suns: Hey what is that bouncy round thing?

Lakers: Thats a basketball.

Suns: What do you do with it?

Lakers: Whatever you do dont put it through that round metal thing up there, its bad luck. Also when you see the other team with it dont go near them or their bad luck will run off onto you as well.

Suns: Gotcha thanks for the heads up.

Lakers 1-0
Suns 0-1.

:banging head on wall:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game was a repeat of opening game last year against the Mavs. It was also on TNT and we were killing the Mavs at halftime. All of the commentators were laughing at the Mavs, but the Mavs came back and won the game. Does anyone remember that? It's worse losing to the Lakers though.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this game was definately worse. The expectations are higher this year than they were last year, this game wasn't really competitive (that one was double over time) and most importantly as you said it was the lakers.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Ug, I hate this "lets all stand around at the perimeter at shoot 3s" crap. 3s are fine, but you need to attack the hole, make the defense collapse and then kick out. LB was hot from 3, but when Marion takes them it makes me scream. He needs to go hard to the basket, he can out quick most PFs (and even most SFs), and then kick out. Warm up by making inside shots like Odom did and then work your way out.

Tonights game was a perfect example of why Amare is key, two years ago the D's would collapse on him and he could kick out to Q and JJ for 3's.

hawaiiansun

Registered
Reaction score
Ug, I hate this "lets all stand around at the perimeter at shoot 3s" crap. 3s are fine, but you need to attack the hole, make the defense collapse and then kick out. LB was hot from 3, but when Marion takes them it makes me scream. He needs to go hard to the basket, he can out quick most PFs (and even most SFs), and then kick out. Warm up by making inside shots like Odom did and then work your way out.

Tonights game was a perfect example of why Amare is key, two years ago the D's would collapse on him and he could kick out to Q and JJ for 3's.

:sad: Miss those guys.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05