Arizona Cardinals @ Buffalo Bills Pre Game Thread (no twitter links). 09/02/24-09/07/24

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I’m skeptically optimistic- wish we had BJ and Darius, that’s a real kick in the nuts as far as potential stars on defense.

Watched last interview with Gannon, said he don’t know what he’s got that it will take 4 games to know- ya ya ya

I don’t like that , damn it he should know now, should have had a 4 game preseason using starters to put the best product on the field game 1! Like I’ve seen all my like at 60- you want to be champions - act like it! If something is important to you act like it’s important to you -

That is the purpose of an emotion - tells one what is important to that person,( or animal)

He thinks they don’t need reps as a starting unit - I disagree. Season may be over before they figure it out.

He also said he was not smart. That is not smart fundamental coaching.
Forest gump he is not,
Stupid is as stupid does.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don't see us winning this one. On the face of it, the game should be a rout, but Rallis is a good coach. I think we lose by two TDs, though.
I have to agree this is a bridge too far. If they can look decent on offense that’s about all you can expect. I don’t see the Cards’ defense containing Allen, especially when he runs. This is just a bad matchup. The Bills have deficiencies, but the Cards will struggle to exploit them. The Cards must avoid turnovers to keep from getting blown out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know what the Bills are going to be.

Their receivers are a rookie 2nd round pick, Curtis Samuel and Khalil Shakir. There's no RB depth behind Cook. The right side of their O line is weak. It's not great and there is a lot on Josh Allen.

Their D line is decent but the rest of their defense is meh. Starting CBs are Benford and Douglas. Safeties are meh. It's all change there.

This isn't the Bills team we know and may very well finish 3rd in their division.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah I think we have a better shot of winning this game than the Rams game in week 2.

It would be an upset, but I can see the Cards stealing this one. Remember how we almost beat Washington with a god awful Dobbs in week 1 last year?

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have to agree this is a bridge too far. If they can look decent on offense that’s about all you can expect. I don’t see the Cards’ defense containing Allen, especially when he runs. This is just a bad matchup. The Bills have deficiencies, but the Cards will struggle to exploit them. The Cards must avoid turnovers to keep from getting blown out.

Yeah Zaven might be the only guy I trust at this point at setting the edge. If you take him off 3rd down, we're going to be vulnerable to running QBs like we were last year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just preseason, but the thing I noticed about the Bills was just how fast their front is.

If we can protect Kyler we got a shot. We need the Bills new wrs to be really bad and hopefully we limit the 7 second scrambles for Allen.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The only thing I can say for sure is the Bills will underestimate their opponent.

The only chance we have is to punch them in the mouth early and jack stomp them the rest of the way.

In reality, i expect a lot of holding calls against us:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky