Arizona Cardinals @ Buffalo Bills Pre Game Thread (no twitter links). 09/02/24-09/07/24

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems so counter intuitive but here are the absolute facts:

Kyler Murray has had success in his career when listed as an underdog. He's 25-15-2 ATS as a dog and has been .500 ATS or better as an underdog in each of his six seasons in the NFL. Since he entered the NFL, he's the 2nd-most profitable QB ATS as an underdog, behind only Jared Goff.

➤When the Cardinals are bigger underdogs with Kyler they've seen even more success. They are 11-5-2 ATS as a dog of over 4 pts and 7-3-2 ATS as a dog of six or more.

➤Kyler has also had success when traveling east in his career with the Cardinals. Playing in EST, he is 11-3 ATS, including 16-6 ATS playing in either EST or CST — covering the spread by over six points per game — and only 18-24-2 ATS playing in either MST or PST.

Looks like I will be taking an against the spread bet after all

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
For the Cards to have any chance they need to greatly improve their tackling, especially regarding Allen. If he gets lose, despite Cards’ likely offensive improvement, I can’t see them keeping up. Looks like 30-17 Bills to me.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Interesting how critical this game is for the franchise. Going on the road week 1 vs a Bills franchise that had a lot of roster changes. Being competitive in this game matters a lot IMO. Can't have two offseasons to rebuild a team and get dog walked by Josh Allen and the No Name supporting cast.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m going to be curious to see if holding the starters out of preseason has any impact. It would be most noticeable in timing and route running between Murray and the receivers. Also there maybe be issues of coordination among the O-linemen controlling stunts and blitzes. I’m hoping I’m wrong because if they fall behind by much early this will be a tough team to catch.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to be curious to see if holding the starters out of preseason has any impact. It would be most noticeable in timing and route running between Murray and the receivers. Also there maybe be issues of coordination among the O-linemen controlling stunts and blitzes. I’m hoping I’m wrong because if they fall behind by much early this will be a tough team to catch.
Well should be same issues across the board league wide. Saw on NFL network the other day that less than 10% of starters saw action in the pre season league wide. So can the Cards really use it as an excuse when pretty much 90% of the entire league should be dealing with the same issues?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Interesting how critical this game is for the franchise. Going on the road week 1 vs a Bills franchise that had a lot of roster changes. Being competitive in this game matters a lot IMO. Can't have two offseasons to rebuild a team and get dog walked by Josh Allen and the No Name supporting cast.
Honestly no one will remember this game in two months. Each game is worth 5.9% of your season.

Despite a noisy minority, many people had this as a firm loss at the beginning of the year. Road game against a top 3 quarterback.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I could handle a competitive loss. A stinker would be a bitter pill to swallow. If we lose by two scores, as I predict, I'd be closer to the stinker category. We'll see.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody is going to remember this game by November bro.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Well should be same issues across the board league wide. Saw on NFL network the other day that less than 10% of starters saw action in the pre season league wide. So can the Cards really use it as an excuse when pretty much 90% of the entire league should be dealing with the same issues?
No they can't. And people should stop bringing it up. Unless some think that Josh Allen's three pre-season passes on August 10 makes him that much more in sync with his wideouts.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes that is my biggest concern as well seeing as so much seems to be riding on the Offense. Playing in Buffalo is not going to be an easy task as the Bills fans will be very loud. You could see how the Ravens revamped OL struggled in KC last night. The KC crowd noise was a huge factor. Hopefully the Cardinals O has success early and can quiet the crowd noise some.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals covering TE’s is something to watch. That’s all we complained about for years. That and turnovers Wii decide this game.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
For the Cards to have any chance they need to greatly improve their tackling, especially regarding Allen. If he gets lose, despite Cards’ likely offensive improvement, I can’t see them keeping up. Looks like 30-17 Bills to me.
yup 6'5" and 240 is a problem - when you designate a spy/babysitter they have to be big enough AND quick enough to bring Allen down

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
kyler didn't have a preseason last year either - or a season for that matter but came in and did his s job right away - im not worried about Kyler

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kyler didn't have a preseason last year either - or a season for that matter but came in and did his s job right away - im not worried about Kyler

You must be registered for see images attach
If 59% comp rate, less than 250 and an INT with no passing TDs is doing your job we are in trouble. If that’s what is considered acceptable… It may be doing your job but doing it kinda poopy…

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup 6'5" and 240 is a problem - when you designate a spy/babysitter they have to be big enough AND quick enough to bring Allen down

Last season the Cardinals had a chance to put away the Giants but Barnes whiffed on a tackle of Daniel Jones on a 3rd and long scramble that ended up giving the Giants new life.

Hopefully Mack Wilson can do a better job against Josh Allen. He has done it before against Allen last season. He took down Allen at the end of the game. See the last play of this video on YouTube:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tyler Drake
@Tdrake4sports
·
9m

More injury updates from Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon:

- The team needs to see how safety Joey Blount (back) goes today.

-Tight end Tip Reiman (ankle) will be "fine" and "be out there today."

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bo Brack
@BoBrack
·
1m

With WR Xavier Weaver OUT, the only other players that have been on the Arizona Cardinals injury report are TE Tip Reiman and s Joey Blount.

Both are expected to practice today. Reiman has been limited at Cards practice with an ankle injury.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If 59% comp rate, less than 250 and an INT with no passing TDs is doing your job we are in trouble. If that’s what is considered acceptable… It may be doing your job but doing it kinda poopy…
he won the freakin game man - and with far less then what he'll have on sunday

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he won the freakin game man - and with far less then what he'll have on sunday
Still poo Atlanta also a very bad team last year…. if he has that stat line sunday, we lose 100%.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly no one will remember this game in two months. Each game is worth 5.9% of your season.

Despite a noisy minority, many people had this as a firm loss at the beginning of the year. Road game against a top 3 quarterback.
If we win this game will be remembered. Especially if we are 1-10 and this was the the win. :)