Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads guilty

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admissions of guilt and broken bones aren't hearsay. They're facts.
Saying she was throwing deadly objects and that he was defending himself...now THATS hearsay.

its based on the police report that people are hanging him off of.

Admission of guilt? from how it sounds they had an altercation and he admitted he is guilty of pushing her away as she was attacking him. Hardly what you are making it sound like.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait...now we're saying a guy twice this woman's size...was getting his ASS BEAT?! This thread is ludicrous. And she's throwing "deadly objects" at him? When did a plant become a deadly object?

Awesome! I have seen woman who can kickbox, you dont know...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Since prisons are a majority african american do you venture to say that most african americans are criminal?

Exactly what I was saying. Thanks for further enriching the discussion!

IVe had an ex pull a knife on me. I tackled her to the ground and kept her pinned until authorities arrived.

Totally the same situation as an NFL linebacker having a dispute with his baby momma, with no deadly weapons (other than flower pots, of course) involved.

Without knowing details, I prefer not to hang people especially when it was a mutual problem.

Yep, the lynch mob is getting fired up! All I know is Darryl Washington had a physical dispute with a woman that ended with her getting a broken collarbone. He then plead guilty to assaulting her.

Were there extenuating circumstances involved? Probably. Should they lock him up and throw away the key? Of course not. Do I look at Washington differently as a person because he allowed himself to be in this situation? Damn straight.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait...now we're saying a guy twice this woman's size...was getting his ASS BEAT?! This thread is ludicrous. And she's throwing "deadly objects" at him? When did a plant become a deadly object?

Size is irrelevant. And how do you know how big she is? A woman actively attacking you hitting you scratching you throwing crap at you is a threat regardless of how big she is. I've been on calls where it took 3 6 foot 200 plus pound men to hold down one 140 lb woman..... So not buying the he's a big guy argument.... Last I checked some plants are in some pots that could easily cause concussions or worse. Is it that kind? Again nobody knows.... I just feel that all the damning of DW in this thread is ridiculous because NONE if you know jack squat. It may be completely deserved and it may not! But to just assume and condemn is what's ridiculous!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its based on the police report that people are hanging him off of.

Admission of guilt? from how it sounds they had an altercation and he admitted he is guilty of pushing her away as she was attacking him. Hardly what you are making it sound like.

Yup

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
because NONE if you know jack squat.

Sure Shane. Darryl Washington had a physical dispute with a woman that ended with her getting a broken collarbone. He then plead guilty to assaulting her.

If that is equal to "none if you know jack squat", then there isn't much to discuss here.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Under no circumstances is it right for a man to hit and/or push a woman to the point where she suffers a broken collarbone... I don't care what she was doing or saying, DW should have simply walked away - period. Not to mention that she is the mother of his child...

He plead guilty... He admitted to the push/shove/assault... whatever. He will need to pay whatever price is eventually handed down. However, the fact that the Cards picked up his option ($10 million?), and the fact that Mike Bidwill was once a Fed Prosecuter tells me the Cards are quite convinced whatever sentence is given to DW, it will be extremely light...

I hope that DW has learned a lesson from all this and that as a result, he's a better man.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure Shane. Darryl Washington had a physical dispute with a woman that ended with her getting a broken collarbone. He then plead guilty to assaulting her.

If that is equal to "none if you know jack squat", then there isn't much to discuss here.

Prime example of an idiotic view in black and white... When there is likely so much gray here you could paint the Cards stadium with it. SMH more power to you.

Reaction score
Size is irrelevant. And how do you know how big she is? A woman actively attacking you hitting you scratching you throwing crap at you is a threat regardless of how big she is. I've been on calls where it took 3 6 foot 200 plus pound men to hold down one 140 lb woman..... So not buying the he's a big guy argument.... Last I checked some plants are in some pots that could easily cause concussions or worse. Is it that kind? Again nobody knows.... I just feel that all the damning of DW in this thread is ridiculous because NONE if you know jack squat. It may be completely deserved and it may not! But to just assume and condemn is what's ridiculous!

Yup.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Under no circumstances is it right for a man to hit and/or push a woman to the point where she suffers a broken collarbone... I don't care what she was doing or saying, DW should have simply walked away - period. Not to mention that she is the mother of his child...

He plead guilty... He admitted to the push/shove/assault... whatever. He will need to pay whatever price is eventually handed down. However, the fact that the Cards picked up his option ($10 million?), and the fact that Mike Bidwill was once a Fed Prosecuter tells me the Cards are quite convinced whatever sentence is given to DW, it will be extremely light...

I hope that DW has learned a lesson from all this and that as a result, he's a better man.

Ignorance is bliss

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Prime example of an idiotic view in black and white... When there is likely so much gray here you could paint the Cards stadium with it. SMH more power to you.

Ha, telling that you resort to name calling as opposed to refuting what I actually said.

We get it, you're a cop, you've dealt with plenty of disputes, and sometimes the situation isn't as it appears. That said, it doesn't change the fact that Darryl Washington had a physical dispute with a woman that ended with her getting a broken collarbone. He then plead guilty to assaulting her.

As I said earlier, were there extenuating circumstances involved? Probably. Should they lock him up and throw away the key? Of course not. Do I look at Washington differently as a person because he allowed himself to be in this situation? Damn straight.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, telling that you resort to name calling as opposed to refuting what I actually said.

We get it, you're a cop, you've dealt with plenty of disputes, and sometimes the situation isn't as it appears. That said, it doesn't change the fact that Darryl Washington had a physical dispute with a woman that ended with her getting a broken collarbone. He then plead guilty to assaulting her.

As I said earlier, were there extenuating circumstances involved? Probably. Should they lock him up and throw away the key? Of course not. Do I look at Washington differently as a person because he allowed himself to be in this situation? Damn straight.

I didn't say youre an idiot. I said you have what I believe an idiotic view not quite the same ;)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Shane can u post that pic of you with DW your fave player again? Thanks.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Shane can u post that pic of you with DW your fave player again? Thanks.

Your a friend on FB go link it if you choose. Not my favorite player ;)

Point?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If there isn't a court order for custody and visitation he needs to get one put in place immediately. After that he needs to get one of the Cards staff to accompany him during the visitation exchange. I'm sure that Micheal would be more than willing to help him out in that manner.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so is unadulterated homerism.

Hardly homerism. Just based on experience I know that you can't look at these cases in black n white based off what your reading and assuming. And anyone saying that under "no circumstance" should you shove or hit a woman has no clue what they are talking about. Hopefully your never in a situation that would actually require it.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The first lesson here is to wrap up when you hang with groupie strippers. The second is to not hit them when they inevitably go crazy. DWash made his own bed and whatever suspension he gets is more than deserved. There are literally millions of males that have or currently deal with crazy women every day and don't hit them. Grow up dude.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so is unadulterated homerism.

You must be registered for see images attach

If there isn't a court order for custody and visitation he needs to get one put in place immediately. After that he needs to get one of the Cards staff to accompany him during the visitation exchange. I'm sure that Micheal would be more than willing to help him out in that manner.

they offer all of this too, im sure dwash has learned his lesson and will in the future.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

again, not jumping to conclusions. there's statement of fact and admission of guilt here. if people can't come to any kind of conclusion based on that it's because they don't WANT to not because they're not ABLE to.

I think he's an idiot and will have a hard time routing for him because he's been suspended from the league for failing mutliple drug tests and now will likely be suspended for assaulting a woman. those are FACTS...facts that I don't need to jump to conclusions to believe he's an idiot.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hardly homerism. Just based on experience I know that you can't look at these cases in black n white based off what your reading and assuming. And anyone saying that under "no circumstance" should you shove or hit a woman has no clue what they are talking about. Hopefully your never in a situation that would actually require it.

Shane, first off, I respect you and the job you do - immensely... But, I honestly don't care what you have witnessed in your job. I have seen "stuff" as well... things that, based upon your views here, would probably lead you to conclude that it would be "justified" to hit/push or otherwise harm a woman...
And yet, I will again say to you that under NO, as in NONE, circumstances is it justified... NONE.
I don't care how many "big guys" it would take to fend off a 140 pound woman. I don't care how f'd up a woman is, or how much in the wrong she might be. NEVER, EVER is it justified for a man to harm a woman...

There is far more respect and honor in simply walking away, or, being smart and avoiding the conflict altogether, than there is in harming a woman. DW messed up and he admitted as such... I hope he's a smarter and better man as a result...

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The first lesson here is to wrap up when you hang with groupie strippers. The second is to not hit them when they inevitably go crazy. DWash made his own bed and whatever suspension he gets is more than deserved. There are literally millions of males that have or currently deal with crazy women every day and don't hit them. Grow up dude.

You've never met my ex-wife. Even my ex father-in-law said I had the patience of Job. Let me tell you, she got the better of me and she was half my size. She could do whatever she wanted, but if I had touched her...she knew what to do. Walk a mile in my shoes, then judge.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they offer all of this too, im sure dwash has learned his lesson and will in the future.

Now, THAT is jumping to a conclusion, especially believing Washington is a guy who "learns lessons" after getting busted TWICE breaking league rules about pot. didn't learn his lesson too well the first time there, did he?

that's another thing that bothers me about Washington. This assault took place in May AFTER he was already suspended back in April. Which means he was a guy who needed to be on his absolute best behavior anyway and either assaulted a woman...or put himself in a terrible situation where he "had to" assault a women.

and people called Dansby "selfish" and lacking character...if that's the case, what the hell does that make Washington?