Arizona Diamondbacks @ Colorado Rockies series thread. 09/16/24-09/18/24

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
Offense has scored zero runs in the last 11 innings . Obviously, Torey’s fault. He sucks. Easy to play this game.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Just saw the post-game interview last night with Kelly. His words "I was tired. They say playing here in Denver is different...I was actually feeling it after the first inning."

Dammit Torey! Why are you playing Kelly in Denver???? STUPID!!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Any team that suffers the amount of injuries to star players that this team has, is going to sputter at best, and more likely fall well out of the playoff picture. I mean, think about the Dodgers losing Freeman (our Walker), Ohtani (our Marte), and whoever their impact equivalent would be to Gabby, Rodriguez, Kelly, Gallen, Montgomery, Gurriel and now Nelson. I mean seriously... even the Dodgers, or the Padres, or the Yankees for that matter, would falter from the loss of that amount of production!
And I failed to mention the historically terrible first half's from Corbin and Geno!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it’s great you never hold the players accountable. Makes it easy for them. Your agenda is obvious.

Well it's really both sided to claim Torey is why this team is in it but then to just excuse this epic collapse.

We have gotten worse the healthier we are.

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
Well it's really both sided to claim Torey is why this team is in it but then to just excuse this epic collapse.

We have gotten worse the healthier we are.
Who said that? Not me. We’ve gone 15 innings with one run. Our best hitters are in the lineup. Just saying that is not on Torey. I also hold the play accountable too

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And my only agenda is to see us win a championship. It's certainly not to ass kiss when it isn't warranted

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who said that? Not me. We’ve gone 15 innings with one run. Our best hitters are in the lineup. Just saying that is not on Torey.

Our best hitters are absolutely not in the lineup. What are you even talking about

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think it's pretty apparent the guys have run outta gas. What it took for them to put together that epic run in July and August, to overcome all of the hurdles tossed their way, the injuries, the epic slumps... It's clearly taken a toll. Walker has yet to come back and find his groove. Marte is showing signs but, like Walker, is still trying to get back to his pre-injury groove. Gabby is active but hasn't yet played and even when he does, will no doubt follow a path similar to Walker and even Marte...

Pavin Smith isn't a starter but with Gurriel out, we're out of options. Herrera isn't a starter and while Del Castillo was a nice boost at the plate - at times, he was a massive liability behind the plate and clearly has a lot to learn there.

Gallen seems to be finding his form... which is nice. Kelly is as well, but can't make it past the 5th or 6th inning at best. Nelson is now gone... Pfaadt remains inconsistent. Monty is nowhere near worth his contract... Puk is the lone reliable arm in the pen, with Mantiply a distant second. J-Mart remains a work in progress... Ginkel somehow lost his mojo and the rest are hot garbage and won't be back next year.

The Snakes have been a great story this year and they got us through the hot doldrums of July and August.
Hazen will do what he does best and I have no doubt this team will be improved in 2025.

They just need some type of Voo-Doo Witch Doctor to ward off the injury bugs!!!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pavin Smith isn't a starter but with Gurriel out, we're out of options. Herrera isn't a starter and while Del Castillo was a nice boost at the plate - at times, he was a massive liability behind the plate and clearly has a lot to learn there.

Pederson can play LF. He has done so most of his career.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And my only agenda is to see us win a championship. It's certainly not to ass kiss when it isn't warranted
Well hell man... Get on the phone and give Hazen and Torey your secret sauce dude! Seriously, don't sit there and scream your expertise into the ether! Make your genius pay off!!

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
The last 2 days we have had our best hitters in the lineup. They are all major leaguers expected to produce. Again, you are not holding the players accountable. Your hatred for Torey clouds your judgement. Our batters are not performing. It is that simple.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dbacks not playing tonight:

Ketel Marte
Gabby Moreno
Josh Bell

Stop saying they are playing their best players because they simply arent.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Pederson can play LF. He has done so most of his career.
Pederson is the DH tonight, which is his highest and best use. There is no significant difference between he and Smith in LF and in fact, Smith is rated as the better fielder... But this is a senseless debate as they both don't belong in LF. Due to Gurriel's injury, this is what we're forced to talk about... two average at best fielders and wildly inconsistent hitters.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well hell man... Get on the phone and give Hazen and Torey your secret sauce dude! Seriously, don't sit there and scream your expertise into the ether! Make your genius pay off!!

Smooch that ass. Smooch it

It's the Kingsbury defense we suffered through for 3 years with the Cardinals

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Dbacks not playing tonight:

Ketel Marte
Gabby Moreno
Josh Bell

Stop saying they are playing their best players because they simply arent.
Marte is still not right when hitting from the left side of the plate. Moreno obviously isn't ready to start.
And now were pinning for Josh Bell... eeeesh...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser