ASFN Mock Pick #10 YOUR ARIZONA CARDINALS!

Who should Arizona select with the 10th pick in the 2006 draft

• Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt

Votes: 83 55.7%
  • Winston Justice, OT, USC

Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Lendale White, RB, USC

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • DeAngelo Williams. RB, Memphis

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Brodrick Bunkley, DE, Florida State

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Ty Hill, CB, Clemson

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I really don't see Cutler as the BPA. BPA means best player available and QBs are ALWAYS overrated. I can see JWill as the best player left but Simms is going to be a beast in the pros.

CardsFan222

Rookie
Reaction score
My pick was Simms but either one of the Florida State guys will do

I hope Cutler is gone. He might be the most over-rated players ever

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:
I decided on Cutler. Justice may be a good fit, if they think that he could play RT. He could step right in and fill the worst spot on our line from day one.

Looks like the vast majority of us would take Cutler. Just hope management is as smart as all of us think we are.

HooverDam

Reaction score
CardsFan222 said:
I hope Cutler is gone. He might be the most over-rated players ever

Agreed, no one heard of this guy during the season. Then when the draftnicks started talking, he shot up the boards. That kind of crap makes me nervous.

How many people actually watched 2+ full Vandy games this year that voted for Cutler? I know I didn't, so Im not expert on him, but something about him rocketing up the charts just makes me uneasy.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
Agreed, no one heard of this guy during the season. Then when the draftnicks started talking, he shot up the boards. That kind of crap makes me nervous.

How many people actually watched 2+ full Vandy games this year that voted for Cutler? I know I didn't, so Im not expert on him, but something about him rocketing up the charts just makes me uneasy.

Maybe West Coast people never heard of him, but East Coast nbd especially SEC fans know all about him.

I chuckle when people talk about charts. Charts are made up by " gurus" who sell their charts. GMs and Team scouts knew all about Jay Cutler.

Last edited:

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
HooverDam said:

That's absolutely not true. Going into the season Cutler was probably a 3rd...maybe a 2nd round pick. Towards the end of the season he was a 2nd rounder....now that non College FB fans are paying attention to College FB...he has soared.

He led Vandy to a 4-0 start. Lots of pub on College Gameday. Threw 5 TDs against Kentucky. Lots of pub on College Gameday. Led Vandy to a win over Tennessee for the first time in a lot of people on here's lifetime. Pub on College Gameday.

If you are a College/SEC fan...you've heard of the kid. I like College just as much if not more than the NFL. In the NFL I pretty much just follow the Cards....with College I watch maybe 5 or 6 games a week.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
not that anyone cares......UNLESS we get one of the the two...Greenway is better than SIMS....I don't care where they fall...time will tell.

CardsFan222

Rookie
Reaction score
I have heard of the guy and have seen him play and he just is not a top 10 kind of QB imop

Bad Mechanics, Bad footwork, not great with his decision making, He does have a rocket for an arm, but thats it

I think he is a great 2nd round pick, but at 10 I think he is to much of a risk. And I have a prob with picking a QB that has a record of 11-34 in the first round. There has got to be something said about a guy who knows how to win a football game.

And the more i see of this Bunckley kid the more i think he might be the BPA If Huff and Davis are gone when we pick

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
CardsFan222 said:
I have heard of the guy and have seen him play and he just is not a top 10 kind of QB imop

Bad Mechanics, Bad footwork, not great with his decision making, He does have a rocket for an arm, but thats it

I think he is a great 2nd round pick, but at 10 I think he is to much of a risk. And I have a prob with picking a QB that has a record of 11-34 in the first round. There has got to be something said about a guy who knows how to win a football game.

And the more i see of this Bunckley kid the more i think he might be the BPA If Huff and Davis are gone when we pick

Yea, I'm rethinking Cutler at 10 too. He might be more of a 17-20's type pick. Much like Aaron Rogers last yr. If we pass at 10 he'd probobly fall like Rogers last yr. I'm definately thinking that if the draft plays out like that a trade down would be cool. But if not the biggest Q-mark on the team might be RT and FS. Either Huff, Justice or trade the thing.

The draft is deep this yr. and very good value is had well - well into the 3rd round. And pretty good into the 5th. We should stockpile this yr. if any.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vandy's Cutler wows scouts, raises stock

Beneath the radar
Vandy's Cutler wows scouts, raises stock

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 02/28/06

Indianapolis — Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler's decision to participate in every drill at the NFL Scouting Combine might have helped his draft stock more than any of 300-plus players at the audition.

Cutler, 6 feet 4, 230 pounds, bench-pressed 225 pounds 23 times. He ran a 4.7 40-yard dash and showcased his cannon arm. More decorated quarterbacks Matt Leinart and Vince Young opted to bypass anything that required them to sweat.

"I've watched every tape of Matt Leinart, and I've watched every tape of Vince Young," NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said. "From my perspective, from a physical skill set, I think Cutler has the biggest arm in the draft. I think he has a quicker release than either of the other two. I think he's tough. When I look at that kid and what he did on tape, he can make throws that I don't think the other two kids can make."

USC's Leinart and Texas' Young will display their wares at their respective pro day workouts on or near their college campuses, a common tactic practiced by high projected draft picks.

Cutler will have additional workouts, too. That he risked hurting his projected top-10 draft status in front of every NFL head coach and hundreds of other talent evaluators this weekend did much more good than harm, some coaches said.

"I asked a lot of questions at the Senior Bowl as to what the scouts thought, what the coaches thought, and everyone said you can't really hurt yourself, go out there and throw and do the best you can," Cutler said. "I wish everyone was competing with me, but that's how it goes."

Following the combine performance, Cutler could be picked ahead of Young in the NFL draft April 29-30. Young, whose throwing motion and shotgun-heavy offense at Texas has been criticized, could fall out of the top three picks. A recent report, which has been denied, said Young scored in the single digits on the Woderlic Intelligence Report. Leinart is pegged as the No. 2 pick and first quarterback selected, with Tennessee possibly using the third overall pick on the guy who played in their shared hometown of Nashville. The New York Jets, who have the fourth pick, also are in need of a quarterback.

"We were very impressed with his athletic ability, his footwork, his arm strength, his delivery, his body language, huddle presence, all those things," Titans coach Jeff Fisher said of his evaluation of Cutler at the Senior Bowl. "It's an unnatural place to observe those kinds of things, because it's a short period of time, you're installing an offense, he's around people he doesn't know. But I thought he handled himself very well. We're very impressed. He's quite a talent."

At Vanderbilt, Cutler completed 710 of 1,242 passes for 8,697 yards and 59 touchdowns. The lofty numbers might be overshadowed by his toughness. He was sacked 80 times and hit much more than that.

"What if Jay would have played out at Southern Cal with the athletic ability of those kinds of teams?" Fisher asked. "What kind of success not only would Jay have had, but also would the Trojans have had? Those are the type of things you look at. Jay had a great career."

Cutler said playing behind a sometimes suspect offensive line may have prompted him to develop some bad habits that he'll have to overcome.

"At times we don't have the front five to block the Floridas and LSUs so I had to throw off my back foot," Cutler said. "I had to move around a little bit and couldn't really get my feet set or my hips in line and stuff."

If there are flaws with Cutler's game, they aren't being talked about.

"I think he helped himself," Mayock said.