Atlanta Draft Pick Watch

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
On my third try!
I was going to post the same thing, although it took me over 100 tries.

What I noticed over the course of playing the Mock Lottery game is that after Beasley and Derrick Rose, they project Anthony Randolph as the Suns' third choice. They show him consistently going to Phoenix at the 11th or 12th pick, but when it came up 3rd, they still had him there.

Wonder what they see in him that early that nobody else does.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Beasley! Oh man, if the Hawks could miss the playoffs and if we got him, that would be hysterically funny. And awesome. I could see the Heat committing suicide after that. But wouldn't that be awesome?

What would we do with a beasley? He is the type of player that belongs on a sub-500 team. He needs to be the focal point of the team to get the maximum out of him. And we already have the best power forward in the game.

It would be like the Lakers trading up to get OJ Mayo.

If we landed the #1 pick, it would be immediately up for sale to the highest bidder. Maybe to Philly for their pick and a bought out Dalembert.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
What would we do with a beasley? He is the type of player that belongs on a sub-500 team. He needs to be the focal point of the team to get the maximum out of him. And we already have the best power forward in the game.

It would be like the Lakers trading up to get OJ Mayo.

If we landed the #1 pick, it would be immediately up for sale to the highest bidder. Maybe to Philly for their pick and a bought out Dalembert.

Or just take Derrick Rose instead.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
yeah that.

To be honest, I preferred rose to beasley ever since the beginning of the season.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I was going to post the same thing, although it took me over 100 tries.

What I noticed over the course of playing the Mock Lottery game is that after Beasley and Derrick Rose, they project Anthony Randolph as the Suns' third choice. They show him consistently going to Phoenix at the 11th or 12th pick, but when it came up 3rd, they still had him there.

Wonder what they see in him that early that nobody else does.

Well, the Suns do need a SF. Hill is nearly done, they've moved a ton of picks, they need a Center, Point Guard and Small Forward of the future, so they certainly have a lot of options in the draft this year. When Nash/Shaq/Hill hang it up, it'll be rebuilding time. Luckily they already have a PF (Amare) and SG (LB) that are really nice pieces, but they'll need to fill out the rest of the starting 5.

I haven't seen Randolph that much, but in the game against ASU I don't recall him being overly impressive, but it was an early season game, early in his career.

Luckily, this lottery has some good PGs in it, as well as some more combo type guards I'd hope the Suns stay away from (Bayless, Gordon, Mayo) as they already have LB for that. Derrick Rose, DJ Augustin (even though he's tiny) or Collison could all be good picks depending on the slot.

What would we do with a beasley?

Make him the SF of the future. An Amare-Beasley-Barbosa core would be sick. But its not going to happen, so no need to think/worry/argue about it.

Last edited:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Beasley, Rose, all those guys are out of our reach. There are only a few draft positions that are realistic at this point, in the order of most probable:

• #15: where will will end up if Atlanta makes playoffs
  • #11: where we stand right now, and where we will most likely end up if Atlanta does not make the playoffs
  • #12: Atlanta misses playoffs, but passes Sacramento in standings
  • #10: Atlanta misses playoffs and is passed in standings by Chicago or Indiana
  • #09: Atlanta misses playoffs and is passed by both Chicago and Indiana

Picks 13 and 14 are already pretty much locked up by Portland and GS/Denver, respectively. Pick 8 would require Atlanta to fall down to 12th in the East. Picks 1-3 are very unlikely (less than 1% chance at each, I think).

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Argh...the Hawks won against the Magic and the Nets lost to the 76ers.

The Nets are now 1 1/2 games behind the Hawks for the 8th playoff spot in the East. :(

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man I looked at the Hawks schedule and they have some pretty easy games coming up the rest of the way not fair :(

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep. Atlanta is well on its way to becoming the worst team in NBA history to ever make the playoffs. I am not quite sure if that is a distinction I would be proud of. You have three teams in the West with better records than Atlanta who will not make the playoffs. The 9th place team in the West is 11 games ahead of the Hawks in the standings. If the Hawks make the playoffs, they will become the poster child for everyone who argues for a change in the playoff configuration.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Damn it, damn it, damn it, I cant I believe I spent two damn years closely following hawks games for nothing. They're making the playoffs.

Brotha2thanite

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep. Atlanta is well on its way to becoming the worst team in NBA history to ever make the playoffs. I am not quite sure if that is a distinction I would be proud of. You have three teams in the West with better records than Atlanta who will not make the playoffs. The 9th place team in the West is 11 games ahead of the Hawks in the standings. If the Hawks make the playoffs, they will become the poster child for everyone who argues for a change in the playoff configuration.
You must be registered for see images attach

if it means the Suns will fall down to the 15th pick I'm feeling good.
again... thanks for JJ

Last edited:

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score

again... thanks for JJ

It is sad when the only joy a fan can get is from the misfortune of another team.

Then again, what else do Hawks fans have going for them?

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

again... thanks for JJ

Don't thank us, you are the guys who spent 14 million on him each for 5 years killing most of your cap space and still being the 8th worst team in a pathetic, no scratch that, deplorable..yes... deplorable eastern conference. Oh, and the only reason you even got there is because in the most ridiculous draft in history you got the 3rd pick via stern.

Congrats!

Oh, and you are still not getting a pick no matter what this year, stern can't bail your franchise out again this year.

So while teams like indiana, chicago, new jersey, charlotte, and miami get draft picks (some of them very good draft picks) to strengthen their roster, your team will have nothing but about 9 million cap space to try and wag around to attact some half decent free agent, but that is before you have to resign both Josh Childress and Josh Smith, who are two very major players on your team putting up great stats.

So, since they are putting up good stats, it is actually more likely that teams will steal them away from you leaving you empty handed, without a draft pick, with only about 9 million cap space in a weaker free agent market. That is if you don't match the offers both josh's get, which if you do would almost certainly take up all your 9 million cap space. Leaving you with a larger team salary, no cap space, and the exact same team. So, you better hope you get lucky with that 2nd round pick of yours, because that is all you got! Hahaha

How does that sound? Do you like that?

So suck on those eggs, buddy.

You want any more of the truth via verbal punishment with that dish? I've also got a possible side of what I call the "The suns might still win the championship this year even without glory-chasing crybaby overpaid players like Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion on the roster" dish.

It's my special dish and boy does it taste great!

So please, unless your franchise actually does something that can be considered a real accomplishment (and no, getting the 8th seed in a deplorable eastern conference does not fall under an accomplishment, unless you consider it an accomplishment to get the equivalent of a hotdog eating contest trophy except you took 8th place with about a mile seperating you and the other top 7) then spare us the smack talk because you have no actual podium or right to even dare talk any sort of smack.

Spurs fans might be mostly scum, but they have titles and a right to talk their smack even if I disgree with them vehemently, but you? Don't waste my time, flea! Shoo!

Brotha2thanite

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It is sad when the only joy a fan can get is from the misfortune of another team.

Then again, what else do Hawks fans have going for them?
Oh, you are talking about a team(who has NEVER won a championship) that makes a pin topic on another team's misfortune?

Brotha2thanite

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don't thank us, you are the guys who spent 14 million on him each for 5 years killing most of your cap space and still being the 8th worst team in a pathetic, no scratch that, deplorable..yes... deplorable eastern conference. Oh, and the only reason you even got there is because in the most ridiculous draft in history you got the 3rd pick via stern.

Congrats!

Oh, and you are still not getting a pick no matter what this year, stern can't bail your franchise out again this year.

So while teams like indiana, chicago, new jersey, charlotte, and miami get draft picks (some of them very good draft picks) to strengthen their roster, your team will have nothing but about 9 million cap space to try and wag around to attact some half decent free agent, but that is before you have to resign both Josh Childress and Josh Smith, who are two very major players on your team putting up great stats.

So, since they are putting up good stats, it is actually more likely that teams will steal them away from you leaving you empty handed, without a draft pick, with only about 9 million cap space in a weaker free agent market. That is if you don't match the offers both josh's get, which if you do would almost certainly take up all your 9 million cap space. Leaving you with a larger team salary, no cap space, and the exact same team. So, you better hope you get lucky with that 2nd round pick of yours, because that is all you got! Hahaha

How does that sound? Do you like that?

So suck on those eggs, buddy.

You want any more of the truth via verbal punishment with that dish? I've also got a possible side of what I call the "The suns might still win the championship this year even without glory-chasing crybaby overpaid players like Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion on the roster" dish.

It's my special dish and boy does it taste great!

So please, unless your franchise actually does something that can be considered a real accomplishment (and no, getting the 8th seed in a deplorable eastern conference does not fall under an accomplishment, unless you consider it an accomplishment to get the equivalent of a hotdog eating contest trophy except you took 8th place with about a mile seperating you and the other top 7) then spare us the smack talk because you have no actual podium or right to even dare talk any sort of smack.

Spurs fans might be mostly scum, but they have titles and a right to talk their smack even if I disgree with them vehemently, but you? Don't waste my time, flea! Shoo!
J-Smoove is not going anywhere, Why?
1- His Parents want him to stay in his home town.
2-He is very close friends with Dominique Wilkins.
3- Everyone in Atlanta knows we are going to give him the max.

J-Chill - there is a good 85% he stays too.

The one person who will must likely be gone is Marvin Williams
In comes a C so we can move OUR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AL HORFORD to PF.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
J-Smoove is not going anywhere, Why?
1- His Parents want him to stay in his home town.
2-He is very close friends with Dominique Wilkins.
3- Everyone in Atlanta knows we are going to give him the max.

J-Chill - there is a good 85% he stays too.

The one person who will must likely be gone is Marvin Williams
In comes a C so we can move OUR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AL HORFORD to PF.

ha ha your rookie of the year. lol that makes him good. our rookie of the year is DJ Strawberry.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Oh, you are talking about a team(who has NEVER won a championship) that makes a pin topic on another team's misfortune?

This thread is about the Hawks' record because it matters to the Suns this year. Any other year this thread would not even exist.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
How many times do we have to say it is nothing personal (unless you make it that way with snide Joe Johnson comments).

We own your pick so we want you to suck this year and this year only, after that we don't care. As in best of luck to you after this year (your team is going to need it). For now though, please miss the playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

hey *******, it's b/c we have a vested interest in that misfortune. you have no interest in how we perform. there's a world of difference. or are you too dense to figure that out?

Brotha2thanite

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
hey *******, it's b/c we have a vested interest in that misfortune. you have no interest in how we perform. there's a world of difference. or are you too dense to figure that out?
Wow, I guess you are what they call an Internet Thug. lol
You really have me scared with the "*******" and "dense" comments.

I have been to many MBs football and b-ball. I have never seen this before. N.E. Patriots do not have and have not had a pin topic of the 49ers pick. They own their 5th pick.
I guess when your team have never won a title anything will make most of the fan base go bonkers. lol

Just think, none of this would not have happen if your classless ownership would have made the 1st offer to JJ. He put it on the line for you guys when he came back early from that bad fall on his face. Your ownership told him to find an offer before they would offer anything. That's why JJ did not want to come back and play for the Suns.

Last edited: