Blake

OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
as they now are with jm. fact is last years d was horrendous and the team not much better. blake did the best he could with a scrub team. i pull for the cards every week now, but im afraid its a mute point with jm out there.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jtav10 said:
as they now are with jm. fact is last years d was horrendous and the team not much better. blake did the best he could with a scrub team. i pull for the cards every week now, but im afraid its a mute point with jm out there.

I certainly don't think we should reacquire Jeff but I do think and said so many times in a fair open competition he'd have beaten Josh out. But when you're 33 and have his ego, you don't get fair competitions sometimes.

I think Blake is better than King because he has the arm. But King was the better fit as a backup because of Jeff's ego.

What bothered me is Blake is PRECISELY the type of QB who Green has turned into good players in the past, look what he did with George.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jtav10 said:
Moot

:BIM:

;)

OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
well everything happens for a reason. blake is the third string qb in philly and would probably be promoted to starter if donovan got hurt. so blake gets a shot at a super bowl ring and the cardinals are losing confidence quickly in their qb and team. id rather be blake and by the way, hes been a model citizen and thats because hes behind a great player not some never will bes.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Why are you people wasting space on Jeff Blake? They guy is a career backup who had 1-2 good years in Cincy.He's a cancer who thinks he's owed something.That's why Green cut him.Let it rest already. :mad:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
What bothered me is Blake is PRECISELY the type of QB who Green has turned into good players in the past, look what he did with George.

Not quite true - all of Denny's reclamation projects had at least gotten their previous teams to the playoffs and even been Pro-Bowl selections before. Bllake has never accomplished any of those things and his attitude needed to go.

But that doesn't change the fact that Josh has been horrible save for one game against the Niners, who even made Craig Krenzel look like an okay NFL - QB (and that guy never even looked like a very Good college QB throwing the rock).

Josh gets one more game against the Fins before I go back on the attack on him. I don't put the blame on him for yesterday, EVERYONE and EVERYTHING was a total mess against the Bills.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Not quite true - all of Denny's reclamation projects had at least gotten their previous teams to the playoffs and even been Pro-Bowl selections before. Bllake has never accomplished any of those things and his attitude needed to go.

Blake would have been in the playoffs with the Saints if he hadn't gotten hurt that one year but you're right.

I think people forget who he played for though, this is a guy who broke in as a starter with David Shula as the coach, and when he finally got fired, he played for Bruce Coslet. Not exactly Dennis Green offensive genius material.

But I do agree it was Blake's attitude that got him run out of here. I just think he's the type of guy Green can work with, I don't think George had ever gotten a team into the playoffs either but he did with Green.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Blake would have been in the playoffs with the Saints if he hadn't gotten hurt that one year but you're right.

I think people forget who he played for though, this is a guy who broke in as a starter with David Shula as the coach, and when he finally got fired, he played for Bruce Coslet. Not exactly Dennis Green offensive genius material.

But I do agree it was Blake's attitude that got him run out of here. I just think he's the type of guy Green can work with, I don't think George had ever gotten a team into the playoffs either but he did with Green.

George got the Falcons into the playoffs where they lost to Green Bay.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
George got the Falcons into the playoffs where they lost to Green Bay.

I stand corrected, I knew he hadn't with the Colts or Raiders.

OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
cheesefat, if you post please know of what you speak. jeff blake started in the pro bowl and is on record as throwing the longest td pass in pro bowl history, 95 yards. get a football history book before speaking ignorantly.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
jtav10 said:
cheesefat, if you post please know of what you speak. jeff blake started in the pro bowl and is on record as throwing the longest td pass in pro bowl history, 95 yards. get a football history book before speaking ignorantly.

ZING! Hello!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jtav10 said:

he was an alternate - big freaking deal - So was Gus Frerotte one year. And is there a reason you had to inject namecalling into this?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
ZING! Hello!

Yeah - he sure got me - Blake was an ALTERNATE one year AND NEVER MADE THE PLAYOFFS OR CAME CLOSE WITH ANYONE ELSE.

Besdies - are you agreeing with Jtdvl that that Loser who QB'ed us last year would have been any better than the other terrible guys we have under center this year?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Yeah - he sure got me - Blake was an ALTERNATE one year AND NEVER MADE THE PLAYOFFS OR CAME CLOSE WITH ANYONE ELSE.

Besdies - are you agreeing with Jtdvl that that Loser who QB'ed us last year would have been any better than the other terrible guys we have under center this year?

LOL!

yeah bring back jeff blake so I can just put a gun to my head and get it over with.
:biglaugh:

Cheese man, you are the best. I'm laughing so hard I can barely type.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
LOL!

yeah bring back jeff blake so I can just put a gun to my head and get it over with.
:biglaugh:

Cheese man, you are the best. I'm laughing so hard I can barely type.

whew! Just making sure - it wouldn't be the first thing I would have looked at with complete incredulity as far as something you've posted.

OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
unfortunately, you were wrong and now you try to save face with that alternate crap. you said pro bowl and thats where he was plus he set a record which is something the cards know nothing about and thats probably why they chose a bumb like jm as their qb. im sorry, i was wrong, the cards have set many records, losing records that is. peace and learn to have some grace when you are eating what should be humble pie.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
jtav10 said:
unfortunately, you were wrong and now you try to save face with that alternate crap. you said pro bowl and thats where he was plus he set a record which is something the cards know nothing about and thats probably why they chose a bumb like jm as their qb. im sorry, i was wrong, the cards have set many records, losing records that is. peace and learn to have some grace when you are eating what should be humble pie.

Well he sure made us a winner last year. :rolleyes:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jtav10 said:

you know how many crappy ass QB's have been Pro Bowl ALTERNATES - it's hardly soemthing to be proud of - Trent Dilfer, Gus Frerotte, hell even Jake Plummer to name a few.

I still don't see why you had to resort to namecalling though - it wreaks of low intelligence - doesn't change the fact that JEFF BLAKE IS A LOSER IN THE NFL - you think it's mere coincidence he's been on four teams in the last four years?

And are you really boasting about someone setting a PRO BOWL record - you know - A GAME THAT IS ABSOLUTELY MEANINGLESS - WHOOP-DEE-DO!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We will not win in the Denny Green era UNTIL we have a franchise QB. In
Minnesota, he won with differant QB's, but they were all above average and
played for many seasons. Randall, George, Johnson and Dante ran his vertical
passing attack. The only times the Cards have been successfull they had very
good QB's: Hart and Lomax!!! I'm so sick of the Tupa's, Hogebooms, McCown's, Plummers, Grahams, Browns, Blakes..........................................
There are so many bad QB's that have come and gone over the years, DRAFT
A DAMN QB. :hulk:

OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
in comparison, blakes teams have won about 10 times more games than the cards over the last 10 years, and the only good team was the saints when he broke his foot, ending his season, they were 7 and 4.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Buckybird said:
We will not win in the Denny Green era UNTIL we have a franchise QB. In
Minnesota, he won with differant QB's, but they were all above average and
played for many seasons. Randall, George, Johnson and Dante ran his vertical
passing attack. The only times the Cards have been successfull they had very
good QB's: Hart and Lomax!!! I'm so sick of the Tupa's, Hogebooms, McCown's, Plummers, Grahams, Browns, Blakes..........................................
There are so many bad QB's that have come and gone over the years, DRAFT
A DAMN QB. :hulk:

Could have had Leftwich, could have had Big Ben....