Bob Kemp on Shaun King on KDUS

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
He's a Las Vegas product by the way, from Eldorado High School.

You must be registered for see images

Yeah I know, but other than Randall Cunnigham LV hasnt exactly produced a ton of football talent.

Now basketball thats a different story!

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
LV, I'll be a man and apologize.

Section 11 this is for you.

C-Farm in Round 7

You must be registered for see images

2003 Stephen Jackson 6'1 224 JR 350 att. 1545 yds. 4.4 ypc 19 TDs
2001 Clarence Farmer 6'0 224 SO 209 att. 1229 yds. 5.9 ypc 10 TDs

No problem! And I as well......

Now that I look back it was a kinda 'Dumb' post! :D

All is well in ASFN land! :thumbup:

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Where is Farmer projected in the draft? This is JUST the type project Denny likes.

Alas ... it'll never work out. ANY ASU player or ANY UofA player on the Cardinals will have 1/2 of the state saying they suck.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Is that Adam Sandler MDkf? and wtf is he spewin out, egg nog? HAHA

:wave:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I've read about Farmer going anywhere from late Day 1 to being undrafted. My guess is he'll probably go somewhere in between because his talent and athleticism speak for themselves. But Maddog you're right he is a headcase although he was actually kicked off the team but he still sat in the stands supporting his former teammates after his departure.

Farmer is simply an athletic freak of nature. I heard some stories about him when I was at UA about him outjumping basketball players including Jefferson and how Farmer was screwing around on the baseball field hitting balls and the coach offered him a spot on the team although Farmer hadn't played organized baseball since he was a kid. The Dodgers even drafted him purely on his athleticism. The guy is on par talent-wise with any RB in this draft. That being said I wouldn't draft him until at least the 5th round because of his crappy attitude. Farmer will be a perennial 1500 yd back or he won't even make it out of training camp, simply based on his attitude. For a late round signing bonus, I think its worth a shot.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I've read about Farmer going anywhere from late Day 1 to being undrafted. My guess is he'll probably go somewhere in between because his talent and athleticism speak for themselves. But Maddog you're right he is a headcase although he was actually kicked off the team but he still sat in the stands supporting his former teammates after his departure.

Farmer is simply an athletic freak of nature. I heard some stories about him when I was at UA about him outjumping basketball players including Jefferson and how Farmer was screwing around on the baseball field hitting balls and the coach offered him a spot on the team although Farmer hadn't played organized baseball since he was a kid. The Dodgers even drafted him purely on his athleticism. The guy is on par talent-wise with any RB in this draft. That being said I wouldn't draft him until at least the 5th round because of his crappy attitude. Farmer will be a perennial 1500 yd back or he won't even make it out of training camp, simply based on his attitude. For a late round signing bonus, I think its worth a shot.

Iam not familiar with the kid. I have heard some good things on this baord and a few draft publications but it isnt specific to his issues.

What did he do? How bad is his attitude?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lex said:
Where is Farmer projected in the draft? This is JUST the type project Denny likes.

Alas ... it'll never work out. ANY ASU player or ANY UofA player on the Cardinals will have 1/2 of the state saying they suck.
Farmer is projected as a late round prospect. I have the Cards taking him as our 6th round pick in my latest mock draft.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Iam not familiar with the kid. I have heard some good things on this baord and a few draft publications but it isnt specific to his issues.

What did he do? How bad is his attitude?

He got on bad terms quickly with Mackovic yet still had his excellent 2001 season even though Mackovic would pull him at times in games. Got suspended a few times for undisclosed reasons (even though I read somewhere that one suspension was due to Farmer bitching to Mackovic about not having a nice car, Mackovic told him to go f- himself and suspended him). Told media before 2003 season that he refuses to speak with Mackovic landing him 4th on the depth chart. If I had to make a comparison to other players, I'd say he's a cross between Terrell Owens and Gilbert Arenas. He has both of their natural ability and talent but with TO's cockiness and Arenas' aloof and sometimes bizarre behavior.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
He got on bad terms quickly with Mackovic yet still had his excellent 2001 season even though Mackovic would pull him at times in games. Got suspended a few times for undisclosed reasons (even though I read somewhere that one suspension was due to Farmer bitching to Mackovic about not having a nice car, Mackovic told him to go f- himself and suspended him). Told media before 2003 season that he refuses to speak with Mackovic landing him 4th on the depth chart. If I had to make a comparison to other players, I'd say he's a cross between Terrell Owens and Gilbert Arenas. He has both of their natural ability and talent but with TO's cockiness and Arenas' aloof and sometimes bizarre behavior.

If his so called "attitude problem" is because of troubles with John Makeussixandfive then there is no reason to worry about them.

Coach Pine Nuts had problems with just about everybody.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I used to listen to Bob Kemp when he was one a national show out of Chicago when I was in college, came on at midnight in Tucson. Very abrasive guy - but he knows his stuff. Haven't heard one of his shows in almost five years. I couldn't stand him at first but I grew to really like his show.

When we signed King and people praised it I couldn't believe it. The guy sucks and showed it while playing for the Bucs.

I can't make up my mind this year who I want us to draft. Thats probably the first time in 8 or 9 years that I have felt that way. Part of it is because I just haven't been able to go through the reports like I usually do. But I am definitely leaning QB. I can't believe you guys are really sold on McCown the way you are. Take that last play of the year away and everyone here except s11 is screaming for Ben or Eli if he dropped to us.

Bottom line - King doesn't make it past first cuts at camp, if he gets that far.

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brats, good post.

I introduced myself to Bob Kemp last weekend at the Cards complex. He's self-centered and arrogant, but he gave up a Saturday to look with his own eyes.

Harpo

All Hail the New Regime!
Reaction score
It's amazing how few of the media actually did this (then again, there hasn't been much of a payoff for following and writing about the Cards)

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Harpo said:
It's amazing how few of the media actually did this (then again, there hasn't been much of a payoff for following and writing about the Cards)

Shoenfeld covered the Cards and was the head of the NFL writers association one year. If you cover a team, winner or loser, and do it well and cover the bases without spewing the same crap and arrogance week in week out *cough* Bickley, Gambo *cough* then maybe you might get noticed.

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
Ben is the word!

LVCARDFREAK said:
Heres a wacky idea.....

Maybe the Cards should

DRAFT A FREAKIN' QB WITH THE #3 PICK THIS YEAR!!!!!!
We must draft one of the QB's. Who chose Shawn King in the first place, was this Green's and Grave's choice? It's hard to believe. :hulk:

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Brats, good post.

I introduced myself to Bob Kemp last weekend at the Cards complex. He's self-centered and arrogant, but he gave up a Saturday to look with his own eyes.

Completely incorrect. That's more than once you have made judgement on a media member because you didn't approve of your first meeting with them. Kemp is not self-centered and arrogant at all. If you want to cover this team, you will learn that you need relationships with other media members. If you keep bashing them (Kemp, Jurecki, etc.), you will not be well received at the facility. Word gets around about what gets posted here. Kemp may come off that way at first, but talk to him more than once before you judge him (or anyone else for that matter).

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lrk27 said:
Completely incorrect. That's more than once you have made judgement on a media member because you didn't approve of your first meeting with them. Kemp is not self-centered and arrogant at all. If you want to cover this team, you will learn that you need relationships with other media members. If you keep bashing them (Kemp, Jurecki, etc.), you will not be well received at the facility. Word gets around about what gets posted here. Kemp may come off that way at first, but talk to him more than once before you judge him (or anyone else for that matter).

Actually, I thought I was being complimentary, pointing out that I was impressed that Bob Kemp would give up a Saturday to watch the Cards. And what I meant to say was that Bob comes across as self-centered and arrogant ON THE RADIO. In person, he was great.

As far as Jurecki is concerned, I can't defend him any more or say any more good things about him than I already have.

And if "word" gets around, then I guess people won't like me. Can't do much about that.

I just think it's strange that you object to my judgments on the two radio guys I really like - Jurecki and Kemp. I went out of my way to meet both of them.

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Actually, I thought I was being complimentary, pointing out that I was impressed that Bob Kemp would give up a Saturday to watch the Cards. And what I meant to say was that Bob comes across as self-centered and arrogant ON THE RADIO. In person, he was great.

As far as Jurecki is concerned, I can't defend him any more or say any more good things about him than I already have.

And if "word" gets around, then I guess people won't like me. Can't do much about that.

I just think it's strange that you object to my judgments on the two radio guys I really like - Jurecki and Kemp. I went out of my way to meet both of them.

I aplogize if you were complimenting Kemp. It seemed as if it were a knock on him. I thought you were being sarcastic saying he gave up a Saturday. It looked like you were saying that you met him and he came across as self-centered and arrogant. If that's not what you meant, then I apologize. As for MJ, you did take a shot at him not long ago that you had to take back. While you did go out of your way to meet both Bob and MJ, your initial judgements on both appeared less than glowing on the outside. I may have just taken them the wrong way.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys are really sold on McCown the way you are. Take that last play of the year away and everyone here except s11 is screaming for Ben or Eli if he dropped to us.

I watched Delhomme play in the Super Bowl. I've see McKown play. Josh is a better talent at QB than JD. Vikings game or no I'm on McKown's bandwagon. And I thought Josh would never amount to anything after his first start. The guy has the tools and I would rather go with him going into his 3rd NFL season than some college QB with, maybe, the same potential who is 2 years behind Josh in learning the Pro game.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
I watched Delhomme play in the Super Bowl. I've see McKown play. Josh is a better talent at QB than JD.

Can we please stop comparing Delhomme and McCown. Delhomme is something like a six-year veteran who played behind other, better QBs his entire career until halfway through this season. McCown will be entering his third season. They're totally incomperable. If you want to compare McCown to someone, take a look at Aaron Brooks, whom Delhomme played behind in New Orleans.

Brooks started off kind of hot, got himself a big contract extention, and now he's the weak link on his offense. McCown could be the same for us, especially if we don't have a backup plan in place.