Breaking: Cam Thomas traded to KC

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Plenty of people. Here's Chopper not even 10 days ago without Cam Thomas making the OLB room but I've seen plenty of people say they expected Cam to be cut going back months.
No no, you said "Now he's traded and we're tanking?"

Who has been saying this?

Of course there's been talk of getting rid of him.

Stout

Reaction score
We have no clue what we have in Collins at this point. If he is someehat decent, I agree.

A star pass rusher, Collins with Gardeck and Xavier Thomas as role players would be a good room.
If we don't have a clue about Collins yet, when will we? In year 6, 7? He's had more than enough time to impress, and hasn't. Another wasted 1st round pick.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
If we don't have a clue about Collins yet, when will we? In year 6, 7? He's had more than enough time to impress, and hasn't. Another wasted 1st round pick.
He impressed a NFL GM enough to give him 8M a year based on his play TC in his second year in a new system playing a new position. None of us has seen that in an actual game, hence we have no clue.

But I guess you know better...

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I can’t really agree with this. We have an idea of what he may be but we don’t really know yet. Since his first two years he was being told to play ILB. He could improve quite a bit this year at OLB or he could be a total dud. Hard to say at this point.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yea I can’t really agree with this. We have an idea of what he may be but we don’t really know yet. Since his first three years he was being told to play ILB. He could improve quite a bit this year at OLB or he could be a total dud. Hard to say at this point.
He's a below average starter with what appears to be a ceiling of average starter. That's a first round bust, esp as a top 16 pick.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a below average starter with what appears to be a ceiling of average starter. That's a first round bust, esp as a top 16 pick.
I don’t think we really know yet. This year will be the tell for sure imo. When You’re told for two full seasons to play ILB and you are suddenly thrust into a new system new position there is going to be some growing pains. There are some things he did adequately last year even so. The game/position could possibly slow down for him this year and see some marked improvement… But maybe not. Too early to say imo.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don’t think we really know yet. This year will be the tell for sure imo. When You’re told for two full seasons to play ILB and you are suddenly thrust into a new system new position there is going to be some growing pains. There are some things he did adequately last year even so. The game/position could possibly slow down for him this year and see some marked improvement… But maybe not. Too early to say imo.
I hope you're right, but I'm not seeing a Reddick like ascendance...more of a solid against the run weak against the pass OLB that is dependable but unspectacular.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you're right, but I'm not seeing a Reddick like ascendance...more of a solid against the run weak against the pass OLB that is dependable but unspectacular.
You could totally be right…. I have hopium over here :)

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
What's lame is having a major hole at arguably the most important position on D, and doing basically nothing to fix the problem. People are completely justified in expressing their disgust at the Cardinals wasting 2 years in a row not trying to compete. Good franchises just don't do it.
Cant agree completely we used a 2nd round pick on a pass rusher who got injured. It isn’t like Edge is easy to find. Does it Edge need to improve of course. They had to fix lots of positions on this team. I’m still hoping for a trade but who knows.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Cant agree completely we used a 2nd round pick on a pass rusher who got injured. It isn’t like Edge is easy to find. Does it Edge need to improve of course. They had to fix lots of positions on this team. I’m still hoping for a trade but who knows.
I hear what you're saying, but we're also sitting on 35M of cash. We could have easily afforded a decent pass rush option, and decided not to do so for reasons. Ask Yoda about trying...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Theo Mackie
@theo_mackie
·
13m

Between taking Kyler Murray with the first pick in 2019 and stepping down after the 2022 season, Steve Keim made 31 draft picks.Only four of those players remain with the Cardinals: Zaven Collins, Victor Dimukeje, Trey McBride, Jesse Luketa.
Hey, man. He did select and extend all four of the Cards top Edge players.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Theo Mackie
@theo_mackie
·
13m

Between taking Kyler Murray with the first pick in 2019 and stepping down after the 2022 season, Steve Keim made 31 draft picks.Only four of those players remain with the Cardinals: Zaven Collins, Victor Dimukeje, Trey McBride, Jesse Luketa.
Better known as, "The Core Four".

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Myjai Sanders and Thomas were both fairly well-regarded prospects coming out and Gannon and his staff couldn’t get anything out of either.

Yeccch.
Myjai had 7 tackles last season for the Texans. Demeco Ryans and his staff couldn’t get anything out of him either? Wanna talk Giants and their 4 tackle superstar Isaiah Simmons?

Come on now, mount an actual argument.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Or it could be an indication a team thinks they can do better than the Cards developing a guy, or it likely means the Chiefs think he would be better playing in a different defense, like most of us have thought for a season or two.

Be honest. Do you actually think we have an above average edge room? You get how ridiculous the thought is, yeah?
I will say average at best. NR is gonna have to be creative with pressures. I just hope our CB play is better this year, if not, it could get ugly.

Stout

Reaction score
That's with two offseasons to work with, though. One 2nd round pick and...crickets (and a late-round pick, to be fair), isn't doing much. And while they had a lot of positions to fix, it is arguably the second most important position on the team. It should have been a priority and wasn't.