Breaston Update

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Interesting...I really want to see Breaston succeed because he is a good guy. That being said, my bet that the Cards #2 WR will surpass Breaston's #s looks good.
No Steve Breaston is NOT. A good or nice guy he is an *******. If I was Shane he would be my Kevin Kasper...same situation got really pissed cause we asked him for a pic after the nfc championship.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Steve Breaston is NOT. A good or nice guy he is an *******. If I was Shane he would be my Kevin Kasper...same situation got really pissed cause we asked him for a pic after the nfc championship.
And his poems are dumb.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I disagree. I believe it was:

#1. Health

#2. Adequate replacements already on the team.

One of the silliest statements on this board is that Breaston kept double teams off of Fitz. Fitz is bracketed by coverage on almost every play. Quality TE play over the middle will free up Fitz more than Breaston ever did.

The Cardinals aren't releasing guys for monetary reasons this season. That was done last year. As far as I'm concerned if a guy is let go this season it is really because they think they have better players on the roster.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow first I heard of this. I stand corrected then.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I dont judge these guys by any of that stuff.

I cant tell you how annoyed I would be if everywhere I went people approached me and asked me to take pictures with them and sign autographs.

I remember a thread a few years ago where someone said Kurt Warner was a jerk because they went up to him while he was having dinner with his family and he said no.

Nothin against you 100%, but maybe he was just not in the mood. Everyone has bad days. Maybe you were the 500th person to ask him that day.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I cant tell you how annoyed I would be if everywhere I went people approached me and asked me to take pictures with them and sign autographs.

I remember a thread a few years ago where someone said Kurt Warner was a jerk because they went up to him while he was having dinner with his family and he said no.

Nothin against you 100%, but maybe he was just not in the mood. Everyone has bad days. Maybe you were the 500th person to ask him that day.

Me either Bert. All I judge the guys by is did they help the Cardinals win a football game so the great buzz I got pre game and during the game wasn't ruined. In all honesty, I could give a ratz .... about anything else.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you were the 500th person to ask him that day.
That's why I flip the tables and give famous people my autograph.
They just don't get them anymore.
Any Cardinals can PM me and I'll autograph some of my socks and send 'em to you.
You've earned it! :raccoon:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That's why I flip the tables and give famous people my autograph.
They just don't get them anymore.
Any Cardinals can PM me and I'll autograph some of my socks and send 'em to you.
You've earned it! :raccoon:

That's hilarious. Next time I see a player or somebody similar I'm going to walk up and sign a napkin or whatever and hand it to them.

:D

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyone who interrupts a family having dinner because he wants an autograph is an idiot at best. I remember seeing the Warner family have dinner at Marlejes before the Big Red Rage radio show. It was awesome. Just a nice family having dinner. No one bothered them. After the show, Kurt signed for everybody.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Once someone who may or may not be related to me interrupted Meredith Baxter during dinner because they couldn't remember how the theme song to "Family Ties" began. Reportedly she was quite justifiably annoyed, but did sing the first few bars.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once someone who may or may not be related to me interrupted Meredith Baxter during dinner because they couldn't remember how the theme song to "Family Ties" began. Reportedly she was quite justifiably annoyed, but did sing the first few bars.

Yeah but that's different. They didn't walk up and just ask for an autograph, they had a real need. I think we all know how frustrating it is to have a partial song stuck in your head. BTW, I wouldn't admit they were a relative either.:)

Steve

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Awesome!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look, i know I harped on Breaston, and I still don't think we have a quality number 2 WR but someone's about to come on the open market and we HAVE to get this guy. He's got the speed of sports car, the grace of a gazelle and lives and eats football.

just check this out. He could be our new Fitz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtB6k-PHhjw

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If I ever see Slim Shady, I'm gonna wait till he goes to the bathroom and then ask him, just to see what he really does. :D

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
look, i know I harped on Breaston, and I still don't think we have a quality number 2 WR but someone's about to come on the open market and we HAVE to get this guy. He's got the speed of sports car, the grace of a gazelle and lives and eats football.

I kinda like the next one in the series....the "Rocky" one.

It reminds me of what you would get if you combined Max Hall with Dancing with the Stars...

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score

Great hands, and from the looks of it he is deceptively fast.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score

I judge them by that stuff. Thats what makes a player loved, We pay their salary, thats part of being a pro athlete, Ask anyone if Q ever told them no for an autograph at the game. I understand if someone is having dinner, at the hospital, etc but when he is leaving the locker room is probably the MOST appropriate time to ask, and it wasnt even for an autograph, and the picture wasnt even for me. It was for someone who with a disability so thats **** in my book. So nothin against you Bert but how many times have you interacted with Breaston? I could be wrong and you could be his BFF and he could be a great guy but what I saw after the game and at the Big Red Rage where he sprinted out to avoid signing kids footballs who have been waiting there an hour for the show to end. This is for 3-12 year olds who bought his poopy jersey. F him. Im glad he is gone.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No one under appreciates what he did for the Cardinals. He has injury concerns so they decided not to resign him to a new contract. We all wish him success. It's business, nothing more, nothing less. There was no deal to consider.

I thought Breaston could be a starter on many NFL team. Wish him nothing but the best.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wait, what? Breaston had knee work done?

And perhaps the best QB in the NFL had neck surgery. Joe Montana had back surgery. Some guys come back strong and some never come back. Our #2 RB pick is going to have foot surgery and miss the season. Life in the NFL is why they get paid the big bucks.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
And perhaps the best QB in the NFL had neck surgery. Joe Montana had back surgery. Some guys come back strong and some never come back. Our #2 RB pick is going to have foot surgery and miss the season. Life in the NFL is why they get paid the big bucks.

If you're talking about Williams, he had knee surgery early last week.