Browns do something smart

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Now the Browns are fielding trade offers for Osweiller (a few teams have already called) and they have said they are willing to eat half of Osweiller's salary. Speculation is that 3 2nd round picks can get them Garoppolo.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard they couldn't just cut him because of his guaranteed money this year...

Looking to trade him or - worst case - keep him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I wonder if Brock would consider returning to AZ if the Browns cut him. He could be the heir apparent to Palmer in a year or two.

Keim would have to be quartered for bringing that garbage to the team.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who pays the $16 million this year Cleveland of Houston? I get the cap hit is Cleveland's if they cut him, but why cut him take the hit and pay him $16 million? Does his salary get reduced if he clears waivers and signs with another team?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He looked awful in Houston. If he could be picked up for cheap then wouldn't hurt to bring him in for a test drive in camp but idk what his contract situation will be.

No. He is terrible. He is a check down QB who still manages to throw a boat load of picks.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If I'm the Browns I package that free #2 pick they just received plus the #12 pick & trade it to the Pats for Jimmy G!!!

They have the ammo & Bellicheat would be foolish not to take that deal.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
This is a case where the most suck ass franchise gets the freebee picks because of their cap room. Osweilers signing last year is the joke of this off season. Just shows you how valuable that position is Az Cardinals and how teams overpay (risk).

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Browns trade a 4th round pick to the Texans for a 2nd and Brock Osweiler. Now are looking at potentially just cutting Osweiler. Essentially, a 4th and money for a 2nd round pick.

Rare smart move by the Browns.
I saw the write ups this morning and did not understand the transaction analysis. Thanks for the clarification. You explained it much better. This seems like an NBA style move.

Is this Moneyball?

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Why would Houston give up a 2nd round pick and their QB for a 4th rounder? Just to dump cap space? That seems a bit like shenanigans to me. So now what happens to brock? He doesn't get paid? Cleveland pays him?

So, essentially the Texans gave Cleveland a 2nd just to take Osweiller off their hands? This is crap the NHL used to do until they put a stop to it.

Basically this. Brock isn't as relevant in this trade as his salary is. I don't have a problem with it.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
3-4 years down the line their roster could be good but expensive and full of expiring contracts.
They are gonna trade some of those picks to the Pats for Jimmy G watch!!! This is exactly why they took the hit in $$$ for the pick.

For that reason I would find someway to lock up Pryor at WR as well because they will turn the corner when Garapolo is under center IMO.

Last edited:

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Free 2? they paid 10 million for that pick...:)
actually they paid 16 million for that pick, then they have to pay the player they draft at that spot, which could be 10-14 million over the course of the contract. Pure stupidity.....:lmao:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
actually they paid 16 million for that pick, then they have to pay the player they draft at that spot, which could be 10-14 million over the course of the contract. Pure stupidity.....:lmao:

They said on NFL network he was owed 10 mil for this year, and that the Texans are on the hook for the other 6. If he us picked up by another team the Browns will have to pay the difference between what he gets from the new team and the 10 mil. By the way I think what the browns did was genus. The NFL doesn't like it tho.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Since when do 2nd rd picks make 10-15m?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05