Can a Rookie Revamp the Cards’ Safety Lineup

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Historically speaking, there are very few Cardinals players in franchise history that fit that criteria.
Fitz is the leader in AZ with 9 playoff games played. Adrian Wilson and Kurt Warner played in 4 along with a few others. Then a smaller group with 3 games with Arians.

Sad list

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We hope he’s the clear #1.

The only way MHJr doesn’t start the season as the clear #1 is if MHJr gets suspended for the season because he went to a sports book and bet his entire signing bonus on him starting the season as the Cardinals clear #1 WR.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He’s gonna get every chance. Even Quenton Johnson played 65% of the snaps for the Chargers last year.

The only way MHJr doesn’t start the season as the clear #1 is if MHJr gets suspended for the season because he went to a sports book and bet his entire signing bonus on him starting the season as the Cardinals clear #1 WR.
He will get the snaps and looks of a #1. But he will only be a #1 if he does something with those snaps and looks. Lots of high first round picks had expectations. Lots of them failed to become #1’s.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He will get the snaps and looks of a #1. But he will only be a #1 if he does something with those snaps and looks. Lots of high first round picks had expectations. Lots of them failed to become #1’s.
Agree, how do you think MHJ will do? Fitzs rookie level or better or worse.
I'm thinking better because MHJ seems to be in a better head space. More professional and driven than young #11.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Agree, how do you think MHJ will do? Fitzs rookie level or better or worse.
I'm thinking better because MHJ seems to be in a better head space. More professional and driven than young #11.
Marv gonna have it rough I think. Every coaching staff in the nfl saw all the pre draft hype that we did. Good chance they're going to make Marv earn it... I don't expect he will get typical rookie treatment by defenses

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
yeah Fitz had the, willing, but limited, Josh McCown throwing to him.
And also competing for touches with Anquan Boldin.

Fitz, Q, and Bryant Johnson all had more than 100 targets for the 2004 Cardinals.

On the 2009 Cardinals, Fitz had 153 targets and Q had 127.

On the 2015 Cardinals, Fitz still had 145 targets.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
And also competing for touches with Anquan Boldin.

Fitz, Q, and Bryant Johnson all had more than 100 targets for the 2004 Cardinals.

On the 2009 Cardinals, Fitz had 153 targets and Q had 127.

On the 2015 Cardinals, Fitz still had 145 targets.
One less game as well. Assuming he stays healthy, I’d consider MHJ not surpassing 780 yards as a pretty big disappointment.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If opposing defenses drape double coverage on him, he could struggle early in his career.

We will need others to step up to the plate and make the defense pay when doubling MHJ.
How's that work out to stop the other top QBs in the league? If MHJ is who we think he is, no amount of double teaming will stop him from putting up the numbers.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
How's that work out to stop the other top QBs in the league? If MHJ is who we think he is, no amount of double teaming will stop him from putting up the numbers.
But that's the thing. D coordinators are going to make him prove that it wasn't all hype...which helps MikeWilly and Trey... early on I would rather see kyler feed them than try and force it to Marv.

Of course... game 3, we're down by 5 with 30 seconds left...3 and 12...everybody is blanketed...
Throw it to the kid and see what happens

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Or fans prefer talking up the best WR prospect in the draft who also happens to be on their own team? You should be downvoted by the whole board just for that :)
Not being able to say what you believe because homerism is the only acceptable opinion would make this board even worse than it is today.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not being able to say what you believe because homerism is the only acceptable opinion would make this board even worse than it is today.
You're equating people downvoting your opinion to "not being able to say what you believe because homerism is the only acceptable opinion." To say the least, that doesn't track. Furthermore, "haters gonna hate" puts the onus on others.

I'm not going to give you the "poor wittle K9" treatment because, for once, I'm going the homer route. It's like that one former Japanese emperor: Nagannahappen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
backyardunwieldy