football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
of the five passes that travelled 15 yards past the LOS

two hit open receivers in their hands and were dropped
one hit Dorch in the chest on the final pass
two to McBride that were off target / not catchable

Kyler wasnt perfect, but simply asking the open guys to catch the football adds 40 yards to his total

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard
·
17m

The Cardinals had the worst defensive showing in the NFL on Sunday, according to @FTNFantasy.They finished last in the NFL in defensive efficiency in 2023.
Yes this is the real reason we lost period! Blaming anyone except the D that gave up TD after TD after the O put them up 2 Td lead is being disingenuous at best!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm using the eye test and remembering there are thousands of analysts and they all have widely differing opinions. Is your sole defense of KM based on Orlovsky?

I know KM is your guy, but tell me why we shouldn't be down on him after that awful 2nd half performance or when he didn't complete a pass thrown more than 9 yards?

There is A LOT of data, even for the 2nd half, that suggests he was getting zero help from his teammates, or from the OC.

But, if you say "K1 has to find a way to win that game", I can live with that. He didn't do that, and he had chances to do it.

If you say "the offense performed terribly in the 2nd half, and K1 contributed to that" that's fair.

If you say, "K1 needs to be better in the 2nd half", that's reasonable.

Saying Murray was solely or even primarily responsible for the offense being terrible in the 2nd half is not fair, and neither is saying Murray was primarily responsible for us losing that game.

You a few others are using him as a scapegoat and I don't appreciate it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
general thought: this teams entire offensive philosophy is predicated on staying on schedule.

it feels like the difference for the offense between a 3rd and 6 vs a 3rd and 11 is wayyyyyyyyyyy more than the five yards would suggest
It's like this for every team. The difference between 3rd and 6 and 3rd and 11 is huge.

The drive the defense allowed to end the first half was clinically incompetent. In the drive to start the second half, the defense only forced two third downs! Two!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I feel for Gannon with this roster Monti has given him and to a lesser degree Keim (C'mon Chop you know its true!) However, him being a defensive coach sort puts him in a tougher spot. Cause it shouldn't be *that* bad.
I have no complaints about the defense as I felt like they played to their talent level. I am not happy about it but IMO, it was set up to fail from the start. I believe I have been pretty vocal about that. (not saying that is what you are implying)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There is A LOT of data, even for the 2nd half, that suggests he was getting zero help from his teammates, or from the OC.

But, if you say "K1 has to find a way to win that game", I can live with that. He didn't do that, and he had chances to do it.

If you say "the offense performed terribly in the 2nd half, and K1 contributed to that" that's fair.

Saying Murray was solely or even primarily responsible for the offense being terrible in the 2nd half is not fair, and neither is saying Murray was primarily responsible for us losing that game.

I feel like this is fair and can agree with it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes this is the real reason we lost period! Blaming anyone except the D that gave up TD after TD after the O put them up 2 Td lead is being disingenuous at best!

Must be nice for QBs to be able to say "Not my fault. You let them score more".

He passed for 160 yards. Had sub 6 YPA. Had completed air yards per pass under 3. Had a negative CPOE, and negative EPA on every down but 3rd.

It was a Justin Fields type performance.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no complaints about the defense as I felt like they played to their talent level. I am not happy about it but IMO, it was set up to fail from the start. I believe I have been pretty vocal about that. (not saying that is what you are implying)

My biggest complaint about the Defense is that they struggled to contain Allen. Those 9 rushes for 39 yards and 2 TDs were all back breakers. The Cardinals Defense just could not adjust to Allen's scrambles.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
you want to torture yourself: look at James Connor leaking out the backfield at the :06 second mark just as Kyler rolls to his right to find Dortch

and then look at what was in front of him (or really, what wasnt)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest complaint about the Defense is that they struggled to contain Allen. Those 9 rushes for 39 yards and 2 TDs were all back breakers. The Cardinals Defense just could not adjust to Allen's scrambles.
I mean he does this to pretty much everyone though right? Seems to from games I watch

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

It's not all on Kyler, no. There's plenty of blame to go around, in the coaching staff and on both sides of the ball. However, when your QB has a 2nd half like that, and is awful in that half, he shoulders a lot of blame. A lot. He was not good in the second half, as not good as he was good in the first half.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Must be nice for QBs to be able to say "Not my fault. You let them score more".

He passed for 160 yards. Had sub 6 YPA. Had completed air yards per pass under 3. Had a negative CPOE, and negative EPA on every down but 3rd.

It was a Justin Fields type performance.
Brit everyone know you have zero objectivity when it comes to Kyler! You’ve been waiting all offseason to start your biased ignorant takes, go for it have your weird Kyler hating fetish season. Some of us will believe our own eyes and real football professionals over your biased nonsense. It was his first playing time at all and looked great in the first half until line changed and so did the play calling went sideways but sure it’s his fault the defense never seem to get off the field after the o built a 14 point lead on the road… you’re ridiculous…

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
you want to torture yourself: look at James Connor leaking out the backfield at the :06 second mark just as Kyler rolls to his right to find Dortch

and then look at what was in front of him (or really, what wasnt)
Also he could've just escaped to the left through that massive gap between Paris and the guard.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's not all on Kyler, no. There's plenty of blame to go around, in the coaching staff and on both sides of the ball. However, when your QB has a 2nd half like that, and is awful in that half, he shoulders a lot of blame. A lot. He was not good in the second half, as not good as he was good in the first half.
Taking the blame is why they get 20m a year more than everyone else

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brit everyone know you have zero objectivity when it comes to Kyler! You’ve been waiting all offseason to start your biased ignorant takes, go for it have your weird Kyler hating fetish season. Some of us will believe our own eyes and real football professionals over your biased nonsense. It was his first playing time at all and looked great in the first half until line changed and so did the play calling went sideways but sure it’s his fault the defense never seem to get off the field after the o built a 14 point lead on the road… you’re ridiculous…

I've said a bunch of times he's looked changed and I had high hopes for him.

He just didn't play well.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser