Cardinals at Bills gameday thread 9-8-24

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The K-1 haters won’t like this.
lol Are you a Cards fan or a Kyler fan? Honest question. We've had plenty here who cannot stand the slightest criticism of KM.

Honest evaluation of KM? Really nice little 1st half, really awful 2nd half, never really tried to be aggressive downfield, and completed no pass beyond 9 yards. You can't get that from your QB and win games. You just can't. Also had a chance to make the big play and scrambled instead. Story of his career thus far.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Allen had no problem with it.
That’s pure assumption on your part, saw him sail a few passes high and a few in the dirt so… we didn’t throw that ball all that much with the conservative playcalling so not sure it was much of a factor anywhere except probably kick offs or punting. We did have a pathetic shanked punt and that was downwind ironically lol…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s pure assumption on your part, saw him sail a few passes high and a few in the dirt so…

No it’s not. I literally watched with my own eyes. He wasn’t afraid to throw it, that’s for sure. And they scored going into the wind before the half, helped by a deep ball to Coleman. And they didn’t have a problem scoring against the wind in the 4th quarter either.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Or he could have, you know, not bailed and hit the guy running wide open who is directly in his sight line. This was a bad miss by KM and exactly one of his bad habits that has plagued him his entire career.

So you're saying your analysis of the play is more accurate than Orlorvsky's?

Not trolling. Honest question.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Totally different circumstances though (assuming this is the play you're talking about)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yes, that's the play. I agree totally different situation but my point was about the QB seeing the field and making the throw.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
To be fair.. 2 of those incompletions were drops by MHJR and Wilson.. then a 3rd and 4th whatever you want to call it by Dortch w those suspect non PI calls. So that’s 4/6 incompletions right there.
Yep and another was MHJ not coming back for the back shoulder

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel for Gannon with this roster Monti has given him and to a lesser degree Keim (C'mon Chop you know its true!) However, him being a defensive coach sort puts him in a tougher spot. Cause it shouldn't be *that* bad.
I don’t care how much of a genius a coach can be, if you have almost zero talent in your front four and non-existent edge players, your defense is going to horrible.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Johnny Venerable
@JohnnyVenerable
·
1h

The Arizona Cardinals defensive line had a tough day against Buffalo, per
@PFF
Dante Stills: 52.0
Justin Jones: 43.3
Bilal Nichols: 43.3
L.J. Collier: 39.0
For me this was the biggest disappointment of the game. With the players who the Cardinals brought in via FA I had hoped at least the rush defense would look somewhat better. Yet they still got gashed in the run game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Douglass awful decision in the moment doesn't make it a bad decision on the QB. Dortch would need to be spread out more to make that a more obvious decision as to what you are saying. Douglass has no reason to be jumping near the middle of the field.

And as Dan said by the time KM works his way back that ball is possibly tipped or int. It would need to be thrown to the back pylon and MHJ already stopped his momentum as well.

Just unfortunate we didn't capitalize on a blown coverage

There's a massive amount of cope around this.

20 out of 32 starting QB's in the league see MHJ on the 2nd read, take two steps to their right to relieve the pressure from the edge, and find Marv downfield. It's an average NFL throw.

If any other QB in the league did this we would all be laughing at them.

On top of all that, I think coming off a wide open Dortch for a 1st down was poor too. Top 10 QB's are changing their arm angle and finding him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair.. 2 of those incompletions were drops by MHJR and Wilson.. then a 3rd and 4th whatever you want to call it by Dortch w those suspect non PI calls. So that’s 4/6 incompletions right there.

Those aren't the problem. The less than 3 air yards to completion is the problem.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So you're saying your analysis of the play is more accurate than Orlorvsky's?

Not trolling. Honest question.
I'm using the eye test and remembering there are thousands of analysts and they all have widely differing opinions. Is your sole defense of KM based on Orlovsky?

I know KM is your guy, but tell me why we shouldn't be down on him after that awful 2nd half performance or when he didn't complete a pass thrown more than 9 yards?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's a massive amount of cope around this.

20 out of 32 starting QB's in the league see MHJ on the 2nd read, take two steps to their right to relieve the pressure from the edge, and find Marv downfield. It's an average NFL throw.

If any other QB in the league did this we would all be laughing at them.

On top of all that, I think coming off a wide open Dortch for a 1st down was poor too. Top 10 QB's are changing their arm angle and finding him.
Lol Ok Brit