Cardinals at Brown gameday thread 10-17-2021

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Oh.. sorry my man. You obviously know more about pro football than me, because I thought 3.9 sounded a little low.
Ya kinda wanna look at it as a set of downs.... if you run it three times in a row are you getting a first down or are you punting? A 3.9 average shows the team can move the ball on the ground.... it means on third and five a run is still a possibility..... victory formation obviously brought it down... Edmonds long run obviously moved it up.... but generally speaking the team can expect a four yard gain on first downs.... and that’s enough that the opponent has to respect our run game.

I like our rb combo right now.... Chase with his quickness and big play abilities wears the defense out in the first half.... then when their legs are weak Connor comes in and pounds them with power runs... it’s a great combination to close out games.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Ya kinda wanna look at it as a set of downs.... if you run it three times in a row are you getting a first down or are you punting? A 3.9 average shows the team can move the ball on the ground.... it means on third and five a run is still a possibility..... victory formation obviously brought it down... Edmonds long run obviously moved it up.... but generally speaking the team can expect a four yard gain on first downs.... and that’s enough that the opponent has to respect our run game.

I like our rb combo right now.... Chase with his quickness and big play abilities wears the defense out in the first half.... then when their legs are weak Connor comes in and pounds them with power runs... it’s a great combination to close out games.

Agree 1000% It doesn't sound like much, but in the NFL, there's a big difference between 2nd and six, vs. 2nd and nine. Play action works better too, right? I know that much at least. :)

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You should lookup the definition of sometimes.

He had a pretty bad play today where he started running backwards and pretty much gave up on the play looking scarred when he did not have to. He has done this several times this year, running backwards into pass rushers instead of staying in the pocket. I'm very sorry that I triggered you by criticizing Kyler.
Again dumb post, he had two sacks today from a stout defense. 4tds zero turnovers yeah what a bitch! Your a moron…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05