Cardinals at Cowboys gameday thread 1-2-2022

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A loss won’t bother me if it’s a nail biter and we look competitive. But a 30-10 loss would seem to add weight to a sinking ship.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
A loss won’t bother me if it’s a nail biter and we look competitive. But a 30-10 loss would seem to add weight to a sinking ship.
That's weird because I was about to say I have a very bad feeling of 37-12 (close to yours) lol

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I had a business meeting this week in Dallas, so I was supposed to fly up this morning and go to the game with a friend that had tickets. My meeting was cancelled (going virtual), so I decided not to travel. 35 yard line - 6th row. :bang:
I was offered tickets to this game as well, but didn't go. Been there before so I couldn't see spending a grand to watch this product. I really hope I regret that decision after the game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bookies are going to make a lot of money on this game.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff, MOVE THE POCKET.
Not a lot. Just a little bit left or right. Open the seams for Kyler because you know their going to pressure up the middle and keep the outside rush soft and outside.
When Kyler gets boxed in he tends to throw it up.
Let’s act, not react.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
I don't have a good feeling about today. My brother is a bigtime cowboys fan. He's licking his chops. My other is a Wash fan. I'm good there.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Often you see me lay out a game plan to attack an upcoming opponent. Today I find that very challenging. Simply put winning this game would require the Cards to do things that are not their strength. The concepts are simple; the execution is not. On offense the Cards have to score more than 30 points. They need to give Murray time to throw. You can count on the Cowboys blitzing often. We’ve talked on the board about the possibility of rolling out Murray. The idea of having Murray race back 7 yards, turn him around, then he runs for his life Seems to be the most common play design. Rolling on Murray will open thigs up. Draw plays won’t be enough, but they’ll help, especially if they have Conner.

We’ve also talked a great deal this week about reading defenses. Using read options with either back, then rolling out Murray could provide more throwing time. They will often have to throw short, mostly to Ertz. Using a 2-man game with a rolling out Murray and Ertz could burn the blitz. A stop and go route could work if Murray has time. However, time to throw will be a rarity. Murray must run. Again getting him outside will give him a better opportunity to find a lane. I‘d leave Beachum on the right as Murray is better rolling that way. If you don’t read option, I’d keep an RB in on the left side to protect Murray’s back.

On defense, blitzing often may panic Prescott and give the Cards the chance to pick him. The defense will never be able to cover their receivers. They can’t let Prescott have time to throw. With a nod to the Rocky movies, don’t let him breath. That said, they must blitz under control and not leave Prescott running lanes. The D-line will have to tackle effectively and control the run.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the Cardinals confirm who was starting at LT?

No I read an article yesterday that said it could be jones, Miles or Beachum, or all 3. Beachum apparently played LT most of his pre Cards career. Miles is listed as the backup LT, and Jones played LT in college. Kliff sort of hinted they might see which of the 3 is most comfortable and then roll with them but you got the impression we might see multiple guys there

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Often you see me lay out a game plan to attack an upcoming opponent. Today I find that very challenging. Simply put winning this game would require the Cards to do things that are not their strength. The concepts are simple; the execution is not. On offense the Cards have to score more than 30 points. They need to give Murray time to throw. You can count on the Cowboys blitzing often. We’ve talked on the board about the possibility of rolling out Murray. The idea of having Murray race back 7 yards, turn him around, then he runs for his life Seems to be the most common play design. Rolling on Murray will open thigs up. Draw plays won’t be enough, but they’ll help, especially if they have Conner.

We’ve also talked a great deal this week about reading defenses. Using read options with either back, then rolling out Murray could provide more throwing time. They will often have to throw short, mostly to Ertz. Using a 2-man game with a rolling out Murray and Ertz could burn the blitz. A stop and go route could work if Murray has time. However, time to throw will be a rarity. Murray must run. Again getting him outside will give him a better opportunity to find a lane. I‘d leave Beachum on the right as Murray is better rolling that way. If you don’t read option, I’d keep an RB in on the left side to protect Murray’s back.

On defense, blitzing often may panic Prescott and give the Cards the chance to pick him. The defense will never be able to cover their receivers. They can’t let Prescott have time to throw. With a nod to the Rocky movies, don’t let him breath. That said, they must blitz under control and not leave Prescott running lanes. The D-line will have to tackle effectively and control the run.
I totally agree with you on moving Kyler around off the snap and not relying on the scramble. It doesn’t have to be a lot. Block down and let Kyler just roll 3 or 4 steps. Get him off the spot by design not by desperation.
P.S. To win this game we will need to score 30 plus.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I read an article yesterday that said it could be jones, Miles or Beachum, or all 3. Beachum apparently played LT most of his pre Cards career. Miles is listed as the backup LT, and Jones played LT in college. Kliff sort of hinted they might see which of the 3 is most comfortable and then roll with them but you got the impression we might see multiple guys there
So stupid

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huge gm for confidence before the dance begins in sev weeks

Hope we see good kyler show and def plays solid

Wearin my new murray red jersey tod

Lets gooooo cards

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

All things needed to win we either do poorly or don't do at all

KK and VJ don't make adjustments which is strange for the NFL

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Antonio Brown just took off his pads/jersey on the field and ran into the locker room in the middle of the game (no apparent injury)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05