Cards release Shelton & Diamond

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
Renz said:
Right. Teams are breaking down Donohoe's door with offers for Henry. Be sure and come back when Henry is released.

Troll.

Why would Henry be released? He has a year left in his contract. Also, there are teams still very insterested in him, especially now that the Titan's RB broke his hand

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Who cares what you wanted or didn't want, I didn't want a Bill's reject either so we're even.

I'm happier with JJ Arington in the draft and cutting LJ than trading you LJ and a pick for TH.

LJ wasn't wanted here, I'm not sure how worthwhile he was but you were never going to get a pick out of us anyway so quit whining and start the JP Loseman bandwagon in high gear.

Henry wasn't a reject. He didn't lose his job for any other reason other than the breakout of the one and only Willis McGahee

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
clif said:
10 seconds left before billsphan shows up gloating ..9....8....7...

I'll laugh my ass off if he signs with a team not called the Bills. Hey, I really hope that happens...I can stand to lose the weight.

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Of course now if you try to sign Shelton you'll have to change your tune and what would be really funny is if Buffalo tries to sign him, and loses him to another team.

Not that it matters with Losman at QB your offense is going to struggle anyways.

There will be some growing pains, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll struggle. All we have to do is run the ball, use our top 2 defense, and our #1 special teams.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
Why would Henry be released? He has a year left in his contract. Also, there are teams still very insterested in him, especially now that the Titan's RB broke his hand

Shelton had years on his contract too, and Shelton wasn't going to be a training camp holdout like Henry might. The Eagles are the only team with any reported interest of late and that's because they're trying to scare Westbrook so he doesn't hold out in camp.

I hadn't heard Brown got hurt again, he just can't stay healthy. That would be one team Henry might fit, although they probably know all about him seeing as he played there in college so they may not want to pursue him, and it's pretty unlikely they have the caproom with all the cap problems they had this year.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
Why would Henry be released? He has a year left in his contract.
Excellent reasoning skills.

If a player is released, it means they're let go before their contract expires. For example, Shelton and Diamond both had years left on their contracts, too.

Shelton will make any team he goes to better.

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Shelton had years on his contract too, and Shelton wasn't going to be a training camp holdout like Henry might. The Eagles are the only team with any reported interest of late and that's because they're trying to scare Westbrook so he doesn't hold out in camp.

I hadn't heard Brown got hurt again, he just can't stay healthy. That would be one team Henry might fit, although they probably know all about him seeing as he played there in college so they may not want to pursue him, and it's pretty unlikely they have the caproom with all the cap problems they had this year.

If they know all about him, then they know he's a friggin' TANK. Eagles are interested, Titans are interested, and so is Jacksonville.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:

If that was the same thing as winning, he'd still be here.

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Excellent reasoning skills.

If a player is released, it means they're let go before their contract expires. For example, Shelton and Diamond both had years left on their contracts, too.

Henry has worth, though. Why release a Pro Bowl runningback when teams are interested?

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
If they know all about him, then they know he's a friggin' TANK. Eagles are interested, Titans are interested, and so is Jacksonville.

Last I heard, the Titans would give up a 6th rounder for him but nothing higher.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Our TE position is just getting worse. Talk about scrub city. Who are these group of nobodys. Will our TE position even get a catch this year. Maybe we should just go with all 3 and 4 reciever sets.

Maybe we can sign Amare Stoudemire as tight end. Kid has good hands.

I'm serious.

;)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
There will be some growing pains, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll struggle. All we have to do is run the ball, use our top 2 defense, and our #1 special teams.

Oh I love your defense and I like McGahee too, but I've seen enough of Losman to be VERY skeptical of his ability to handle the pressure of being an NFL QB. Maybe I just hold a grudge because of what he did to UCLA, but that's precisely the reason I don't like him as a player. Got to school, found out they wouldn't hand him the starting job and wanted to redshirt him, transfers before he'd even enrolled in school. Then he tells everyone who will listen that UCLA promised him he'd start during recruiting and then reneged, even though there was a pretty easy to find transcript of an interview he did after he committed to UCLA where he said he wanted to play right away but realized he had to earn that.

Very immature kid, good athlete though, kind of a less bright Jake Plummer.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:

I refer to his off field stuff, not his playing ability. Caught taking money from a booster in college, caught having sex with a minor after his rookie year, had to extend his deal after his 2nd season so he could get another bonus to avoid bankruptcy.

Add in his fumbles and his injury history and I seriously doubt Buffalo will get much of anything for him. If he's serious about holding out his trade value declines even more.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
Henry has worth, though.
I'll believe it when I see it. So far, all he's worth is a back-up running back because that's what he is.

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I'll believe it when I see it. So far, all he's worth is a back-up running back because that's what he is.

Ofcourse he's a backup. We have Willis McGahee. Obviously you haven't been watching football long enough, or else you would've seen Henry in the Pro Bowl and rushing for 1300+ yards

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Another reason to take the cap hit this year is there is an NFL MINIMUM salary, too! If you aren't going to spend big money on another guy, make sure you get just over the minimum salary! :thumbup:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:
Ofcourse he's a backup. We have Willis McGahee. Obviously you haven't been watching football long enough, or else you would've seen Henry in the Pro Bowl and rushing for 1300+ yards
I'm well aware of Henry and his ability. We happened to get a better RT, too, you know. Obviously you haven't been watching the Steelers running game the last couple of years.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
I've liked Green all along, but I do not see him as being infallible. Last year it was Kendall and this year Shelton. I can go along with everything else, but I believe he's making some mistakes on O-Line personnel. JMO!!!!

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I'm shocked this thread hasn't gotten to 1500 posts yet - can't we let Tango back on for one day - it would be really fun right now.

I'm surprised as well, I figured people would be screaming and crying for letting these guys go, the same way people had hissy fits over Kendall.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chainthroer said:
I've liked Green all along, but I do not see him as being infallible. Last year it was Kendall and this year Shelton. I can go along with everything else, but I believe he's making some mistakes on O-Line personnel. JMO!!!!
:thumbup:

Kendall I can sort of understand. Shelton really hurts our depth and doesn't really send a message, IMO.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
I'm pissed!!! Damn idoits with egos. Now, after June 1st, the Cards need to find a backup OT. Yes, it will be at backup money, but the Cards have plenty of money this year. Shelton was good insurance to cover for an injury.

Where are the sharp objects? Who can I start throwing things at?

Why am I mad?

1) Now, there is no proven OL depth.

2) The Cards pushed way too much money into this year. Hell, they could have used that cap space to get a really great free agent. S.Alexander, E.James quality. They have like $6M now, cut all those players after June 1st and it's something like $12M. Better planning and the Cards could have added 1 more quality starter. Maybe 1 more victory in 2005?

Caphell is just an excuse. In 2007, the cap is going up so much that even the Redskins can avoid caphell.

3) They now have ruined any chance of every making a trade for players in the offseason. Why trade fairly with the Cardinals? They cut all their problem players.

Total screw up. If Ross or Big gets injured, I'll want a percentage of the unused money under the cap.

The sky is falling. The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AntSports Steve said:
I'm pissed!!! Damn idoits with egos. Now, after June 1st, the Cards need to find a backup OT. Yes, it will be at backup money, but the Cards have plenty of money this year. Shelton was good insurance to cover for an injury.

Where are the sharp objects? Who can I start throwing things at?

Why am I mad?

1) Now, there is no proven OL depth.

2) The Cards pushed way too much money into this year. Hell, they could have used that cap space to get a really great free agent. S.Alexander, E.James quality. They have like $6M now, cut all those players after June 1st and it's something like $12M. Better planning and the Cards could have added 1 more quality starter. Maybe 1 more victory in 2005?

Caphell is just an excuse. In 2007, the cap is going up so much that even the Redskins can avoid caphell.

3) They now have ruined any chance of every making a trade for players in the offseason. Why trade fairly with the Cardinals? They cut all their problem players.

Total screw up. If Ross or Big gets injured, I'll want a percentage of the unused money under the cap.

The sky is falling. The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

ridiculous - do you really think if the Cards were offered ANYTHING worthwhile they wouldn't have cut this overpayed and over-hyped back-up LT?

Sheesh - the above post is just lame - what good is LJ at depth - if he was weak as a starter - he'd be weak as depth - bottom line.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
DMBills36 said:

This sounds like a Cardinal fan trying to rationalize moves that were made or not made..... "Everything will be JUST fine....."