Cards won't get Leinart

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some of this has been discussed on other threads just wanted to highlight it.

IMO the Cards will not finish with the worst record. I think the 49ers will or perhaps the Texans. I really think the pick will be traded and several teams will put together a sweet deal to get Leinart. The Jets could really use a franchise qb so could the Cowboys. (and there are others). I'm sure that Leinart (like Eli Manning) would love playing in New York. I don't see the Bidwills moving up and paying the big bucks for the first pick in the draft Additionally Denny has never moved up in the first round.
Bottom line is I just don't see Leinart becomming a Cardinal. I really don't know at this time if there is another college qb out there that would be worth the low pick that the Cards most likely will have. (could be top ten again). :shrug:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will be picking in the top 10. Bank on it!

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Why do we need Leinart when we're going to sign mccown to a multi year deal?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
az1965 said:
We will be picking in top 5.

Dude, superbowl winning teams do not pick in the top 5. Not unless someone trades us a top pick for our #32, and in that case...

....well, then I'd think they're just nuts, honestly.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SeattleCard said:

Not sure if you are being sarcastic but I think did it is a real possibilty that McCown will sign a multiyear deal with the Cards. There has been excellent improvement since last year even Denny has acknowledged that fact. But there still are 11 games left so who knows.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
az jam said:
Not sure if you are being sarcastic but I think did it is a real possibilty that McCown will sign a multiyear deal with the Cards. There has been excellent improvement since last year even Denny has acknowledged that fact. But there still are 11 games left so who knows.

Maybe but that wont sell any tickets.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
SeattleCard said:

That's just mean.

McCown is not an NFL starting QB, that joke is playing itself out real fast.

It's time for the Cardinals to put a face on our team, who is it right now, Fitzgerald? Boldin? It's probably Denny Green, and that is sad IMO. They need a franchise QB to fill the new stadium, and to show we're actually trying to improve upon the most important position in the NFL, we haven't done jack at QB for years, and it's depressing when it looks like the ownership is constantly just trying to patch up the team, hoping folks will keep buying tickets. When they look the other owners in the eyes they should be embarassed, at the difference in revenue between the Cards and the rest of the NFL.

Investing in a QB of the future, would be wise at some point. Trading up for Leinhart would atleast show they're making an effort in that direction, Vince Young would be another option. I think Matt Schaub is also going to be a FA at seasons end, at this time I'd prefer Leinhart, then Young.

BTW This absolutely sucks to be thinking about this during week 6!!! :mad:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Savage58 said:
That's just mean.

McCown is not an NFL starting QB, that joke is playing itself out real fast.

It's time for the Cardinals to put a face on our team, who is it right now, Fitzgerald? Boldin? It's probably Denny Green, and that is sad IMO. They need a franchise QB to fill the new stadium, and to show we're actually trying to improve upon the most important position in the NFL, we haven't done jack at QB for years, and it's depressing when it looks like the ownership is constantly just trying to patch up the team, hoping folks will keep buying tickets. When they look the other owners in the eyes they should be embarassed, at the difference in revenue between the Cards and the rest of the NFL.

Investing in a QB of the future, would be wise at some point. Trading up for Leinhart would atleast show they're making an effort in that direction, Vince Young would be another option. I think Matt Schaub is also going to be a FA at seasons end, at this time I'd prefer Leinhart, then Young.

BTW This absolutely sucks to be thinking about this during week 6!!! :mad:

yeah because backups usually throw 800 yards and 4 touchdowns in 2 games

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Arizona will not have the #1 pick which is what will be required to get the USC QB. Figure between 3-8 which is where they finished pretty much every year since 1958 when they last had the #1 selection. The Cards have drafted out of the top 10 only twice since 1990.

Hard to believe that after 15 years of drafting two of the top 45 players coming out of college each year our team could still be at the bottom of the league. I think they could have drawn names out of a hat and done better.

spikecop02

Registered
Reaction score
:confused: :confused: :confused:

What is all the hype about Leinart. I have watched 4 Usc games this year and i have not seen him do any thing more spectacular than Josh Mcnown. yes his stats are high but mainly becuse he dose a 2 yard drop off pass to to Bush or White and they are they are so good they turn that in to a 70 yard TD pass. never do you see him throw deep. usc also has a awesome O-Line that gives alot of time. I cant wait till he flops in the nfl. Josh for sure has a better arm.

Last edited:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
spikecop02 said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

What is all the hype about Leinart. I have watched 4 Usc games this year and i have not seen him do any thing more spectacular than Josh Mcnown. yes his stats are high but mainly becuse he dose a 2 yard drop off pass to to Bush or White and they are they are so good they turn that in to a 70 yard TD pass. never do you see him throw deep. usc also has a awesome O-Line that gives alot of time. I cant wait till he flops in the nfl. Josh for sure has a better arm.
Exactly. I have not seen anything that spectacular from Leinart this year. Against ASU, for instance, the RB's were running all over ASU and won that game.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm sure that Leinart (like Eli Manning) would love playing in New York.
I am not so sure about that... He is an odd guy. West coast all the way.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigRedRage said:
yeah because backups usually throw 800 yards and 4 touchdowns in 2 games

Is Josh a classic contract year player? I'm serious, because the difference in his play from this year to last year is amazing, and even though he still makes basic mistakes, he's playing at a high level...

Could be one of those guys who elevates their game when they know money is on the line.

/ducks out of the way of Josh sycophants

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I doubt Josh is playing better because it's his contract year because it would have been smart then to do the same last year.

I think Josh has improved, but we really need to find out just how much. Can he be the QB of the future? Possibly. But right now I wouldn't annoint him that.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think having Kurt Warner on the sidelines with him has helped McCown.

Leinhart is nothing special in my opinion.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Is Josh a classic contract year player? I'm serious, because the difference in his play from this year to last year is amazing, and even though he still makes basic mistakes, he's playing at a high level...

Could be one of those guys who elevates their game when they know money is on the line.

/ducks out of the way of Josh sycophants

Well he was a restricted FA last year so there was still an audition for a substantial amount of money on the line. Because if he played lights out last year it would have been a guarantee that some team would have made him an offer and the Cards would have to match. SO I really dont see it. I think hes just maturing.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Leinhart is nothing special in my opinion.

Agree! Plus it looks as though he may have had his second concussion in 4 weeks. Once you have them they come easier. Not sure I would want that risk.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Yep I agree...

he don't wanna grow up, he wanna be a USC kid

big man on campus taking sexual ed

he likes to play his video games while watching barney on the tube

he don't wanna grow up cause if he did ....

he would'nt be a USC kid.

you go little boy no more years left after this one.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
Yep I agree...

he don't wanna grow up, he wanna be a USC kid

big man on campus taking sexual ed

he don't wanna grow up cause if he did

he would'nt be a USC kid.
:biglaugh:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leinart was pretty incredible on the last two drives and I have no doubt about his toughness.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Leinart was pretty incredible on the last two drives and I have no doubt about his toughness.

His toughness is awesome. But toughness dont get you anywhere if you start having concussions. That scares me a tad if we had a chance to get him.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Who knew fumbling the ball would make you a hero?

He was incredibly mediocre again today 0 TDs and 2 INTs but came out big when he needed to (well sorta). I've said it before he's a good QB but in no way is he a savior that some people on here make him out to be