Cards won't get Leinart

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It's funny the only Leinart haters on this board are ASU fans. I think basically every NFL scout or personnel guy think he's the #1 pick in the draft two years running.

The guy has had basically less than five mediocre games in his entire college career. Give me a break.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
It's funny the only Leinart haters on this board are ASU fans. I think basically every NFL scout or personnel guy think he's the #1 pick in the draft two years running.

The guy has had basically less than five mediocre games in his entire college career. Give me a break.

And? He could still be a huge bust. Every fricken scout in the NFL called Andre Wadsworth the surest thing to come out of college in the last decade when he was drafted. SH** HAPPENS!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Shane H said:
And? He could still be a huge bust. Every fricken scout in the NFL called Andre Wadsworth the surest thing to come out of college in the last decade when he was drafted. SH** HAPPENS!
So let's not draft anybody then! :rolleyes:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
So let's not draft anybody then! :rolleyes:

Sounds great to me. Trade them all away and get proven players and FA's! :thumbup:

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
That pass on 4th down was perfect, not sure if he audibled or not, doesn't matter to me, he executed, and put the ball exactly where it needed to be. McCown does that in a blue moon. Leinhart may have some things to work on coming out of college, but the man is a NATURAL LEADER, and a tough SOB, I'll take that at QB, something we haven't had since... ummm... LOMAX!

You've got to be kidding me if you want to give McClown a long term contract because he's shown you something in 2 games, against the 49ers and the Panthers. LMAO! Do Card fans just NOT want to win, ever? :shrug:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Savage58 said:
That pass on 4th down was perfect, not sure if he audibled or not, doesn't matter to me, he executed, and put the ball exactly where it needed to be. McCown does that in a blue moon. Leinhart may have some things to work on coming out of college, but the man is a NATURAL LEADER, and a tough SOB, I'll take that at QB, something we haven't had since... ummm... LOMAX!

You've got to be kidding me if you want to give McClown a long term contract because he's shown you something in 2 games, against the 49ers and the Panthers. LMAO! Do Card fans just NOT want to win, ever? :shrug:

Just because he did it in the 4th QTR of a college game has no bearing on wether he would be able to accomplish the same at the NFL level. We can all hope. But it doesnt make it so.

I do recall a specific 4th and like 18 play where McCown made a perfect throw with the game on the line :shrug:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Who knew fumbling the ball would make you a hero?

He was incredibly mediocre again today 0 TDs and 2 INTs but came out big when he needed to (well sorta). I've said it before he's a good QB but in no way is he a savior that some people on here make him out to be

I don't think he's a franchise savior type of player. Like I've said before, Reggie Bush is easily the best player on that team. If I was drafting, I'd draft Bush first and then pick every draft-eligible USC offensive lineman.

The last two drafts have seen Eli Manning and Alex Smith go #1. Is Leinart that much worse than either of those two? It's hard to say that he is.

Savage58

Reaction score
Shane H said:
I do recall a specific 4th and like 18 play where McCown made a perfect throw with the game on the line :shrug:

You're pulling my leg right? McClown threw a perfect pass, TWILIGHT ZONE TIME dodododododododo.......... :p

Leinhart >>> McClown :thumbup:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I don't think he's a franchise savior type of player. Like I've said before, Reggie Bush is easily the best player on that team. If I was drafting, I'd draft Bush first and then pick every draft-eligible USC offensive lineman.

The last two drafts have seen Eli Manning and Alex Smith go #1. Is Leinart that much worse than either of those two? It's hard to say that he is.

Id argue that he is better than Alex Smith. I would love to have him. I just think he has more warts than people want to see.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

I've watched him for most of his career, I know how good he is. However here's where the problem comes on this board for those with the ungodly view of the franchise QB think that he has no need for an Oline, a good TE, a good running game, or even decent WRs. Throughout Leinart's career he has needed all of those things.

The running game has bailed them out time and time again this year. I know he's a good QB and should be taken with the #1 pick (which we will not have), its the urban legend type crap that bothers the hell out of me. He's a good QB but I'M NOT putting him in the HOF before he plays a single NFL game. Sorry I don't buy it.

I've heard of plenty of "can't miss" QB prospects failing at the next level. If he we have the ability to take him FINE, I have no problem with it. But I am not trading our draft for the next 3 years in order to get him

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Savage58 said:
You're pulling my leg right? McClown threw a perfect pass, TWILIGHT ZONE TIME dodododododododo.......... :p

Leinhart >>> McClown :thumbup:

Yup. Your just a hater. Or dont watch the games. Which is it?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
I've watched him for most of his career, I know how good he is. However here's where the problem comes on this board for those with the ungodly view of the franchise QB think that he has no need for an Oline, a good TE, a good running game, or even decent WRs. Throughout Leinart's career he has needed all of those things.

The running game has bailed them out time and time again this year. I know he's a good QB and should be taken with the #1 pick (which we will not have), its the urban legend type crap that bothers the hell out of me. He's a good QB but I'M NOT putting him in the HOF before he plays a single NFL game. Sorry I don't buy it.

I've heard of plenty of "can't miss" QB prospects failing at the next level. If he we have the ability to take him FINE, I have no problem with it. But I am not trading our draft for the next 3 years in order to get him

:thumbup: Perfectly stated!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Id argue that he is better than Alex Smith. I would love to have him. I just think he has more warts than people want to see.

Last year he was just about perfect. This year he's taken some big hits and has been a little inconsistent. So, he went from "no brainer" #1 to a real debate about whether he should be number #1 or not.

Savage58

Reaction score
ajcardfan said:

I'd say he's right in that pedegree, but not incredibly better than either. Manning I'd give the edge over him, but Leinhart has more experience than Smith, better at reading defenses than Smith coming out of college, I just wish Leinhart was more mobile. He kind of looks like a Drew Bledsoe, but I know he's not that stationary. :)

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't care which side you're on .. if you don't think that pass wasn't one of the greastest ever...you're NUTS. If he makes plays like that then I want him on my team anyday of the week.!!!

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The guy is a winner. That is all that matters. When the game was on the line he made plays

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
I don't care which side you're on .. if you don't think that pass wasn't one of the greastest ever...you're NUTS. If he makes plays like that then I want him on my team anyday of the week.!!!

Theres QBs all around the country at different colleges that make plays like that. Do you want all of them too?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:

Yes, no doubt that was one hell of a clutch throw.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Theres QBs all around the country at different colleges that make plays like that. Do you want all of them too?

Nope just the one who is leading a team to 28 straight wins and a shot at an unheard of 3 national titles in a row.

Savage58

Reaction score
Shane H said:
Yup. Your just a hater. Or dont watch the games. Which is it?

I'm tired of hanging my hat on below average QBs, that's where I'm at. I watch every game I'm able to, but I refuse to pay good $$$ for tickets, to a team that refuses to spend near the cap, and get a REAL NFL QB. Castoff QBs, just don't cut it for me, Kreig, Boomer, Blake, Warner just to name a short few.

:rolleyes: It's sad.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:

Come on, Shane. That was the #1 team on a 27 game winning streak with a 4th and 8 in Notre Dame stadium. There's no QB in the country who will face a more pressure packed situation this season.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Norm Chow has said Leinart is better than Palmer and that seems to be working out well for Cincy. Eli would easily be the best QB the Cardinals have probably ever had. Fact remains that way more great college players (if they have NFL measurables as leinart does) go on to become great NFL players than do mediocre college players. It's hard to debate Leinart is a great college player.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
Nope just the one who is leading a team to 28 straight wins and a shot at an unheard of 3 national titles in a row.

Yea but the last I checked this is a team sport. Leinart happens to have the best O-line if football the best RB in football and an extremely talented cosps of WRs. I would bet that you could take several QBs from around the NCAA that would perform remarkably in that situation. DO you deny that?

I agree hes a good player a real good one. But he is far from a guaranteed savior.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Norm Chow has said Leinart is better than Palmer and that seems to be working out well for Cincy. Eli would easily be the best QB the Cardinals have probably ever had. Fact remains that way more great college players (if they have NFL measurables as leinart does) go on to become great NFL players than do mediocre college players. It's hard to debate Leinart is a great college player.

I think Palmer is a more physically gifted passer, but there is more to the QB position than that. If Norm Chow said that, that does mean a lot.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
clif said:

That was one hell of a throw. No doubt

Again its the Urban Legend type crap that gets me. Hes a good QB that needs other players to make plays, like most QBs. If they had no running game today USC loses in a blowout ... its that simple