Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Dalembert only makes 1.5million this year JJ makes 2.3

If they through in Iggy it can work.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
minercon said:
Let's see if I get this right...we are talking about two different trades.....gone will be JJ, Casey, Vroman and Lampe.....1/3 of the present team....33%. no loyalty from anyone....management and players....every year the same thing. Then everyone talks about chemistry and melding together and it takes time....blah, blah, blah. Same old, same old!

I guess the conclusion I get from all this is..... that Bryan should/could be an importer/exporter if his GM job is ever taken away from him.

You are talking about 2 players who NEVER play and wouldn't have gotten a chance on this team for the next year at least.

Then you are talking about a player who we didn't pick up the option on and would have been gone this summer most likely.

Bad trade to complain about shipping out loyal people. Now if we trade JJ, you can bring this arguement up.

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Jackson has been great his past few seasons. No one thought he would play for the Hornets. They just aquired him for salary relief from Wesley's deal and decided they could suspend him and not pay him instead of waiving him like a good organiztion would do.

An even better organization holds out until a team is willing to give up two prospects and a regular rotation guy for him :D

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
No one thought he would play for the Hornets. They just aquired him for salary relief from Wesley's deal and decided they could suspend him and not pay him instead of waiving him like a good organiztion would do.

Wrong. I live in New Orleans and listen to the radio shows here. Everyone was seriously pissed that he didn't report to the team.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
SweetD said:
Dalembert only makes 1.5million this year JJ makes 2.3

If they through in Iggy it can work.

So we would HAVE to use part of our Zarko trade exception here, right? :confused:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i like the deal. at first i was a bit put off, but after more thinking - we've had lampe for a year now and obviously the suns just ain't that impressed. we've had casey for a while too and i ain't that impressed. i'm sad to see the sausage king leave just 'cuz i like to call him the sausage king.

jj will provide a much more consistent commodity off the bench. yes we're losing 3 for 1, but in doing so we're fortifying our bench. this could be a very important trade by the end of the season.

also, if we trade jj for dalembert i think i'd be excited. dalembert just seems like a potentially young ratliff. a nice athletic center who can get up and down the court with our gazelles who swats shots. i hate losing jj, but last year, b4 the marbs trade i was ready to release the guy. i think jj will develop into a very good (but never great) player, but dalembert fills a more pressing need for us.

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
What if multiple players are involved. Lets say the suns get Chris Anderson in addition to Jim Jackson. Can we use the Zarko trade exception then?

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
cepstrum said:
An even better organization holds out until a team is willing to give up two prospects and a regular rotation guy for him :D

Haha touche.

Seriously though, the Hornets make the Clippers look like the best run organiztion in Basketball.

Woolwridge might be forced out as owner by the NBA soon (they cannot directly do it, but it will be done) after he blatantly lied about suite sales before they moved to NO.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yuma said:
So we would HAVE to use part of our Zarko trade exception here, right? :confused:
Nope Iggy make 1.9.

So we would be in the 15% range.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
carey said:
Wrong. I live in New Orleans and listen to the radio shows here. Everyone was seriously pissed that he didn't report to the team.

I don't doubt the fans were pissed. I would be too.

Do you honestly think the ownership group is pissed that they don't have to pay them? Of course not.

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
minercon said:
Let's see if I get this right...we are talking about two different trades.....gone will be JJ, Casey, Vroman and Lampe.....1/3 of the present team....33%. no loyalty from anyone....management and players....every year the same thing. Then everyone talks about chemistry and melding together and it takes time....blah, blah, blah. Same old, same old!

I guess the conclusion I get from all this is..... that Bryan should/could be an importer/exporter if his GM job is ever taken away from him.

Don't get ahead of yourself. JJ hasn't been traded ... it's just being speculated.

However, with the Zarko trade, they have traded 1/3 of the team. Also, they now only have 10 active players and Barbosa on the IR.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
More importantly,

We will have 9 active players for tonight.

That's the point I made on page one of this post. Doesn't that make it more likely we will get rolled by SA tonight? :) I mean, CJ would have played tonight, no doubt. :) Whether that meant anything or not is debatable.

jibikao

Reaction score
I actually like this Trade.

If Casey, Lampe, and Vroman for Jim Jackson, I think it's worth it.

To be honest, I haven't watched enough Suns' games to make judgement if our bench players are worth keeping. Obviously Suns didn't do too well when they are on the team and even if they show sign of progress, it's either too slow or they are not the type of bench players we need.

Jim Jackson is a decent player. He is an average defender and shooter. He will provide the bench depth that we need. He will allow Q or JJ to rest more and even Nash because JJ will then be able to play point.

I think this trade makes sense since we couldn't get a decent PG we want and we already signed a 10-day contract for Parker and I think Suns likes him.

Overall, it's not THAT bad a trade. If it doesn't work well, then Jim Jackson will be seeing his 13th team in his career next year!!! LOL

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Dalembert + Iggy for JJ doesn't work according to realGM

Ya I checked that to. it comes out to 155k differents. so we would have to use the trade expection. :(

scotsman13

Reaction score
jimmy jackson (34) for casey, vroman, and lampe? bull#$% if NO isnt giving us a lottery pcik with this this trade isnt worth it. jimmy maybe a scorer off the bench but he isnt worth what he costs and he is slow and old.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would have done this trade for the three players mentioned AND a bag of Trader Joe's Dry Roasted And Salted Almonds!! They are some great nuts! The Trader Joe's, not the former Suns players! :D

AnotherHOMER

Reaction score
THANKYOU!!!!! I cant stand watching when Casey is in the game.

I watch every game.

Peace.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hey, just to give CJ his due. He couldn't guard a one legged man when he first started in the NBA. Now he's become an above average defender through hard work. Not that he's a great player or anything, but CJ was a better player than most people give him credit for being. ;)

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:

Two deals work out with Philly

JJ
Hunter

for

Iggy
Dalembert

or

Q
Hunter

for

Ollie
Iggy
Dalembert

not sure Philly would do the second but Ollie would provide a backup point guard for the Suns.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow! I leave for a couple of hours to go get my ass kicked on the racquetball courts, and I come back to this!

Jim Jackson has been a very solid player the last few seasons. He is a clear upgrade over Jacobsen. The Suns will lose some momentum while they figure out how to get Jackson involved, but it should be worth it for the long term. And it's not out of the question that he could stay with the team for another season or two.

If it's true that Lampe is part of the package, I'm not too disappointed, but I am surprised. Remember that we were told a year ago that Lampe was one of the keys of the Marbury trade. If that turns out not to be true -- and it's looking more and more like Vujanic is never coming -- then that trade was a pure salary dump, nothing more. That's okay, since the Suns got good players with the cap room, but it's just another example of the front office not being straight with the fans when it comes to discussing the franchise's vision.

Regarding the Johnson for Dalembert and Iguodala rumor, I think it would be hilarious if the Suns traded last summer's #7 pick on the assumption that Iguodala wouldn't be available, then wound up with him anyway.

Hey, this team is intriguing again! Way to go Bryan!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

According to my math, it should. Does RealGM know about the Cabarkapa exception?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns CANNOT trade JJ today!!

It's JJ bobblehead night tonight!! :D

ESPN had Dalembert listed on injured list. I didn't see that on the 76ers site, though. ;)