Casey going to Hornets

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I don't get all the "Lampe is a great shooter talk". He's a career 44% shooter. Which is pretty weak considering he is always wide open when he takes his shot. He's actualy a bit painful to watch sometimes. I was hoping he would develop down the road, but I'm not really going to miss him.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
I confess I'm confused. When we don't run, we suck. When we run, we have 5 guys who can run and score. If we trade JJ, coupled with acquiring Jackson, that changes the team's entire identity. We become slower, less versatile, and even poorer rebounding and on defense. I don't get it.

Maybe JJ is not on his way out. Maybe we are jumping the gun here?
:confused: :confused:

Will this team be better than the team we had yesterday? One thing for sure, Brian got the Colangelo impatience genes from his dad.

I'm at the point where I don't think we are going to do any more trades. Although the Dalembert rumors are somewhat intriguing, I doubt we are going to trade our best shooter and backup PG for him.

More than likely the only other move we make will be to sign someone as FA. Preferably a backup PF that can rebound and score a little ... hence my feeling on Karl Malone.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But Yuma, the Dalembert/JJ thing may be total fiction. I think we are jumping the gun.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
playstation said:
another interesting thing about getting dalembert, isn't hunter already a poor man's dalembert?

a very poor man's dalembert. think dalembert is sarver and hunter is your next door neighbor.

seems that hunter is an inconsistent one-trick pony (shot blocking). his offense is up and down and his rebounding is just bad.

when dalembert got consistent minutes he was an adequate offensive outlet (around 10 pts/game) a good rebounder (somewhere around 10/game during his hot stretch) and an awesome shot blocker.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
If it's true that Lampe is part of the package, I'm not too disappointed, but I am surprised. Remember that we were told a year ago that Lampe was one of the keys of the Marbury trade. If that turns out not to be true -- and it's looking more and more like Vujanic is never coming -- then that trade was a pure salary dump, nothing more. That's okay, since the Suns got good players with the cap room, but it's just another example of the front office not being straight with the fans when it comes to discussing the franchise's vision.

Eric, you must be kidding. Nobody in the Phoenix Suns ever said that Lampe was a major part of that deal or a sticking point in getting it done. I will remember one account that the Suns really weren't even asking for him but Thomas threw him in. Sure the Suns liked to say, "look we got this guy who was even supposed to be a top 10 draft pick," but that's not the same as him being "one of the keys to the Marbury trade".

Besides, even if you believe that they were saying he was a key to that trade that doesn't mean that they simply haven't soured on his abilities? They traded away Cabarkapa for a couple of second-round draft picks. Obviously teams sometimes change their minds after they've had a guy in the clubhouse for a while. To call them liars because of this is just not even fair.

elindholm said:
Regarding the Johnson for Dalembert and Iguodala rumor, I think it would be hilarious if the Suns traded last summer's #7 pick on the assumption that Iguodala wouldn't be available, then wound up with him anyway.

Hey, this team is intriguing again! Way to go Bryan!

That would be funny, but there is absolutely no way Philadelphia would trade Dalembert and Iguodala for JJ. I'm not even sure they would trade Dalembert alone.

I know I should be slapped for listening to John Gambadoro regarding the Phoenix Suns, but he was saying that the sons are not going to trade JJ for Dalembert. If the Sixers would include Iggy I think the sons would make that deal, but again the Sixers are not going to do that.

Joe

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not an encouraging deal for the Suns, that's for sure.

Vroman was a waste of #31 and Lampe's value has to be very limited too.

Jackson is OK, but he is 35 years old.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
a very poor man's dalembert. think dalembert is sarver and hunter is your next door neighbor.

seems that hunter is an inconsistent one-trick pony (shot blocking). his offense is up and down and his rebounding is just bad.

when dalembert got consistent minutes he was an adequate offensive outlet (around 10 pts/game) a good rebounder (somewhere around 10/game during his hot stretch) and an awesome shot blocker.

Dalembert has the best timing I have seen since Hakeem. This guy can flat out block and rebound. I think next to Amare he can be the D and Rebounding we need. But why not wait till next year and get him and keep JJ.

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
JJ + Voshkul + Chicago's first for
Iggy + Dalembert

Works under the cap. Seems fair for both teams.

Since the Suns gave up their first in order to have cap room, this trade would essentially be JJ and Voshkul for Q, Dalembert and the #9 pick, which I wouldn't have a problem with.

That said, I don't see Iggy as part of the deal. And because of that, I would rather keep JJ than trade him straight up for Dalembert.

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
SweetD said:
But why not wait till next year and get him and keep JJ.

We will only have the MLE and he will surely get more than that. Even if by some wierd coincedence he doesnt get another offer, I can't see Phili not matching (remember he is restricted).

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
But Yuma, the Dalembert/JJ thing may be total fiction. I think we are jumping the gun.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. The question is how big is the fire? Unlike some other NBA analysts and insiders, I believe Marc Stein when he comes out with information like this. We will just have to wait and see what unfolds in the next few days.

BC really is Trigger happy these days isn't he?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
SweetD said:
Dalembert has the best timing I have seen since Hakeem. This guy can flat out block and rebound. I think next to Amare he can be the D and Rebounding we need. But why not wait till next year and get him and keep JJ.

no way this team ponies up the big dollars it would take to get dalembert as a fa (if we even had the cap room) AND resign jj to his fa contract.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I know I should be slapped for listening to John Gambadoro regarding the Phoenix Suns, but he was saying that the sons are not going to trade JJ for Dalembert. If the Sixers would include Iggy I think the sons would make that deal, but again the Sixers are not going to do that.

Joe

What about JJ and the Chi 1st for Iguodala and Dalembert? Maybe with Voskuhl included?

:shrug:

I don't really want to lose JJ but if he is going to be traded at least trade him out of conference.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Eric, you must be kidding. Nobody in the Phoenix Suns ever said that Lampe was a major part of that deal or a sticking point in getting it done.

Hmm, well I could be confusing what the Suns said with what fans on this board said. It's definitely true that several people on this board identified Lampe as a key component, going on and on about how big and strong he was and how he was the center of the future. I thought they backed up their claims with things that management had said, but I don't remember now.

That would be funny, but there is absolutely no way Philadelphia would trade Dalembert and Iguodala for JJ. I'm not even sure they would trade Dalembert alone.

I agree, it's very difficult to see why Philadelphia would give up Iguodala at this point. On the other hand, I think Dalembert is realistic. His numbers are way down from last season, and there's no particular indication that Philadelphia is all that enthusiastic about keeping him. Johnson, on the other hand, is playing quite well.

I agree with others who have said that, if the Suns trade Johnson, somehow they need another PG (or at least a combo guard) in return. No idea who that would be.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Paul Shirly will be back to replace Vroman, according to Xtra.

whee. :shrug:

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
Paul Shirly will be back to replace Vroman, according to Xtra.

whee. :shrug:

They have about the same game Shirly is taller I think.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
hcsilla said:
BTW, JJ for Dalembert would be a TERRIBLE trade. Just terrible.

I agree. Thus I don't see Iggy as a stretch in the trade. I mean, the Sixers would be getting a PROVEN player in JJ. Plus, even if we may not think JJ is that good, I think his stock is very high right now. A top PG/SG from one of the top NBA teams, especially one that showed it could score lots of points. The skinny in 76er land is they NEED a proven scorer to help AI with the offensive load. They have been looking for a two for several seasons now. Thus there is an urge from the Sixers to get a guy they feel will be the "answer" for AI! :D

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
SweetD said:
They have about the same game Shirly is taller I think.

What? Sitting on the bench for 5 games at a time before getting clean up minutes! :D

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Yuma said:
I agree. Thus I don't see Iggy as a stretch in the trade. I mean, the Sixers would be getting a PROVEN player in JJ. Plus, even if we may not think JJ is that good, I think his stock is very high right now. A top PG/SG from one of the top NBA teams, especially one that showed it could score lots of points. The skinny in 76er land is they NEED a proven scorer to help AI with the offensive load. They have been looking for a two for several seasons now. Thus there is an urge from the Sixers to get a guy they feel will be the "answer" for AI! :D

Again, why would the Sixers even consider trading Iggy? Because he's a rookie who's playing well and is an excellent type of player to have on your team? Because he's a better athlete and taller than JJ?

I can't see Iggy in a Suns uni, at least, not now.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I would have done a JJ/Dalembert deal last season and even this summer in a hearbeat.

However, with that said, I think the Sixers need to put a good amount more in the deal for us to make the trade. They killed Dalembert's trade value by not playing him this season, and they will have to pay the price if they want JJ.

Just for thought, a JJ for Dalembert/Willie Green trade works. I really don't think they will give up Iggy.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just don't get it.

Two weeks ago everybody on this board declined to break up Suns' core.
What has happened since then? Suns lost 5 games WITHOUT Steve Nash?
Not a big deal, IMO.

Definitely not a reason to trade a good young, versatile swingman for a C PROSPECT.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Now they're saying that Parker will be released when Barbosa comes back.

ARGH. :shrug:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
green machine said:
Again, why would the Sixers even consider trading Iggy? Because he's a rookie who's playing well and is an excellent type of player to have on your team? Because he's a better athlete and taller than JJ?

iggy is prolly an inch to an inch and half shorter than jj, doesn't have the stroke of jj either.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
hcsilla said:
BTW, JJ for Dalembert would be a TERRIBLE trade. Just terrible.

With JJ being a RFA next season I'm not sure the 76ers will be in a position to match any offer made for him. Let's face it Philadelphia is not a place FA sign and it is a tough market for players to play, just ask Barkley.

Q was signed to a very reasonable contract in the off season and it may be a contract the 76ers may want and he would be a type of player that would fit in with Iverson. JJ would be too timid for the Philly crowd. By packaging Hunter and Q together may make the move more acceptable for Richardson. As far as new FA's are concerned, if we resign JJ and Dalembert next summer we won't need another FA signing for 6 or 7 years, so who cares about the Suns perception of burning FA.

After the last stretch of games the major position the Suns need to fill is PG, so I may be more inclined to lean toward Q, Hunter (possibly Vujanic or the Chicago pick) for Iggy, Dalembert and Ollie. Vujanic may be valuable to Philly because he is a Euro that may never come over and open up cap space for them next summer.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
green machine said:

First off JJ is listed at 6'7" and Iguodala is 6'6"

JJ 15.6 pts/game, 3,5 ASS/Game, 5.5 reb/game

Iggy 8.9 pts/game, 2.8 ASS/Game, 5.9 reb/Game

JJ shoots .435, .466 for 3's, .803 fts
Iggy shoots .475, .301 for 3's, .753 FTs

I don't see Iggy being better than JJ, especially with JJ's PG to SF versatility, veteran experience, etc. :shrug:

Also, why keep JJ and Iggy if a trade is made? Essentially BOTH the same player?? :shrug:

Last edited: