Casey going to Hornets

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Now why exactly is Philly interested in traiding Igoudala?

Not happening guys. Maybe JJ for Dalembert, but I would not expect Iggy to be involved at all.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Regarding the Johnson for Dalembert and Iguodala rumor, I think it would be hilarious if the Suns traded last summer's #7 pick on the assumption that Iguodala wouldn't be available, then wound up with him anyway.
I think Igoudala/Dalembert for JJ is a pipe dream.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yuma said:
The Suns CANNOT trade JJ today!!

It's JJ bobblehead night tonight!! :D

ESPN had Dalembert listed on injured list. I didn't see that on the 76ers site, though. ;)

Dalembert is not on the IR as of now.

Biclops

Superhero with glasses
Reaction score
I would love to get Dalembert and Iggy in the Suns for Joe Johnson but I would also be happy with this package too...

Joe Johnson

for

Dalembert
Kyle Korver (been a fan of him since last years 3point contest)

works according to realgm

who do you think 76ers would have a harder time parting with ... Iggy or Korver?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
LOL, Quentin Richardson and Kyle Korver on the same team? Between them, they take about 50 three-point shots a game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Korver works because someone has to take over for the 3's JJ shot. Evidently JJ is being traded because D'Antoni thinks he's slacking on the 3's compared to Q! :D

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I don't think CJ's 5 pts in 20 min/gm will be missed. Jim Jackson will be a much better bench player. I'm much more comfortable with a veteran as the first guard off the bench.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
Two deals work out with Philly

JJ
Hunter

for

Iggy
Dalembert

or

Q
Hunter

for

Ollie
Iggy
Dalembert

not sure Philly would do the second but Ollie would provide a backup point guard for the Suns.

I think these are the likely scenario's for either team. Philly would be stupid to do a trade involving both Dalembert and Iggy for just JJ.

Hunter, JJ, Chi 1st would be worth Iggy & Dalembert in my opinion. I think Philly might bite on it too. Then again this may too be a pipedream.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
I don't think CJ's 5 pts in 20 min/gm will be missed. Jim Jackson will be a much better bench player. I'm much more comfortable with a veteran as the first guard off the bench.

I agree the only issue I have is Lampe being thrown in. If we get another player back I might be happy but all if it is a CJ for JJ2 I will be happy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
3 pt Field Goals Attempted according to NBA:

1. Q with 339 shot so far this season!

3. Korver with 266 shot so far!

20. JJ with ONLY 174!

Korver helps our attempts per game tremendously! :D

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
Since it seems like the deal was Casey and salary filler for Jim Jackson, I wonder if Zarko would have worked in place of Lampe. I have a strange feeling the Suns pulled the trigger on the Zarko deal too early.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
newfan101 said:
Since it seems like the deal was Casey and salary filler for Jim Jackson, I wonder if Zarko would have worked in place of Lampe. I have a strange feeling the Suns pulled the trigger on the Zarko deal too early.

At the time the Suns didn't need him and he didn't want to be here so we shipped him off quickly to a taker.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
newfan101 said:

I have the weird feeling the Zarko trade was made with this trade (CJ being gone at season's end anyway) AND at least 1 other trade in mind (JJ gone, too). It seemed weird to make the trade at the time for Zarko, UNLESS the Suns were sure they were going to make other moves later. Otherwise they stand pat with the team they had. ;)

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I confess I'm confused. When we don't run, we suck. When we run, we have 5 guys who can run and score. If we trade JJ, coupled with acquiring Jackson, that changes the team's entire identity. We become slower, less versatile, and even poorer rebounding and on defense. I don't get it.

Maybe JJ is not on his way out. Maybe we are jumping the gun here?
:confused: :confused:

Will this team be better than the team we had yesterday? One thing for sure, Brian got the Colangelo impatience genes from his dad.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Biclops said:
I would love to get Dalembert and Iggy in the Suns for Joe Johnson but I would also be happy with this package too...

Joe Johnson

for

Dalembert
Kyle Korver (been a fan of him since last years 3point contest)

works according to realgm

who do you think 76ers would have a harder time parting with ... Iggy or Korver?

i'd do that deal in a second. korver can flat out light it up. having both him and jimmy coming off the bench gives us offensive firepower on the bench. bringing in korver, jimmy, and hunter gives us a legit bench.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I just hate to lose Lampe so soon. His age, size, and shooting ability is pretty rare.

Plus as someone mentioned how can we give up two front court players when we already have depth issues in the front court? CJ and Vroman ok, but to add Lampe is a little too much unless we get a capable forward in addition to Jackson.

When Lampe is able to settle down and just play I thought he looked pretty good. It definately seemed like he was improving, especially with his shot selection.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
we're going to trade joe johnson for the sheer reason that you CANNOT have TWO jj's on the same team...'and its jj to jj for the j'...

here's the problem with the reasoning: johnson is our backup point, not barbosa. if johnson leaves, nash's minutes will go up, then down to zero once he's injured again. if the suns do that deal, they'll need a backup point.

on the cj trade itself, i've been proved wrong too many times to argue. at this point, you all agree cj + vroman = trash, but lampe had potential. who do you think is better at spotting potential? you, or the suns brass with their draft record? its clearly not a money-saving move, they're obviously trying to win now, what more can you ask for? i'm guessing, they kept trying to get lampe opportunities, but were not impressed enough to keep him. oh well, i trust them, they've now earned it. if coach is only going to play 7 guys (and he seems to have boxed himself into that corner), might as well give him jackson rather than casey.

they've gotta have something else up their sleeve though...is it a PG? is it malone? is it dalembert? another interesting thing about getting dalembert, isn't hunter already a poor man's dalembert?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
I have the weird feeling the Zarko trade was made with this trade (CJ being gone at season's end anyway) AND at least 1 other trade in mind (JJ gone, too). It seemed weird to make the trade at the time for Zarko, UNLESS the Suns were sure they were going to make other moves later. Otherwise they stand pat with the team they had. ;)

With trigger happy Brian at the helm, it sometimes seems like the Suns are a fantasy team entry in an online league.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
RedStripe27 said:
I think these are the likely scenario's for either team. Philly would be stupid to do a trade involving both Dalembert and Iggy for just JJ.

Hunter, JJ, Chi 1st would be worth Iggy & Dalembert in my opinion. I think Philly might bite on it too. Then again this may too be a pipedream.

i think i'd do this also. we missed on iggy in the draft, but he'd be a nice replacement for jj. dalembert would just be an awesome defensive addition to this squad. and the first is devaluing by the day.

but i think there is no way that the sixer do this deal. the rest of the league prolly considers hunter mere trade fodder. jj is good player to pair with iverson in the backcourt, but as i said before, the first rounder is devaluing at an alarming rate.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
SweetD said:
I agree the only issue I have is Lampe being thrown in. If we get another player back I might be happy but all if it is a CJ for JJ2 I will be happy.

Aurthur Johnson was waived by the Nuggets on Jan. 6th., signing him might add another big body that would replace Lampe. I remember that Johnson played well in mini camps and I thought the Suns were going to sign him before the start of the season. They may view him as a better fit than Lampe and could make a move to give him a 10 day contract.

Johnson was in the Big 12 with Vroman and was IMO a better player.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
I just hate to lose Lampe so soon. His age, size, and shooting ability is pretty rare.

Plus as someone mentioned how can we give up two front court players when we already have depth issues in the front court? CJ and Vroman ok, but to add Lampe is a little too much unless we get a capable forward in addition to Jackson.

When Lampe is able to settle down and just play I thought he looked pretty good. It definately seemed like he was improving, especially with his shot selection.

I agree with Stein, and others who agree this move will be followed by another. If we could get Dalembert for JJ, I think we will be a much better constructed team.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
I confess I'm confused. When we don't run, we suck. When we run, we have 5 guys who can run and score. If we trade JJ, coupled with acquiring Jackson, that changes the team's entire identity. We become slower, less versatile, and even poorer rebounding and on defense. I don't get it.

Will this team be better than the team we had yesterday? One thing for sure, Brian got the Colangelo impatience genes from his dad.

Who says Jackson and Delembert can't run? When I watch the Sixers, Dalembert's worth is his hustle, and the fact he gets down the court on breaks. He is a hustle center who can block shots and play decent defense. Jackson has been on teams that have run over the years. He won't have the legs to run for 40+ minutes like JJ, but he CAN run. I think he will be similar in that he spots up like JJ did with Nash running. The only reason we get Jackson is to get Dalembert. I would bet the rumor is pretty solid because you don't trade for Jackson without knowing the Sixers interest in JJ.

We need more bigs that can play the Tim Duncan's or we aren't getting to the finals. It makes sense if you want to go deep in the playoffs.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I don't think the claim we cannot afford to trade our front court depth is bogus. We didn't ever play Lampe or Vroman, so our depth chart is basically unchanged.

BTW, I wouldn't mind adding Arthur Johnson either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

skorp, completely disagree. defensively worse? by adding dalembert? we'd become a better defensive team. we might slow a tad bit, but nash would still have q, marion, and amare running the lanes with him and dalembert would prolly provide a nice secondary break b/c he's not exactly a stiff.

and the addition of jim jackson just adds another piece of versatility, albeit an older slightly less athletic piece than jj.

if the two trades are completed it means we've downgraded our overall swingman position (by having a lesser jj and no casey) but we've greatly upgraded our center position and thereby our defense.