Casey going to Hornets

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
It is a plus that we upgraded the bench. Jackson for Jacobsen is a great upgrade.

I am disappointed that they traded Lampe but he didn't play anyway.

Suns know they need to play for now, an extra veteran is probably a good addition to such a young team.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I know it is Gambo, but he does have a source somewhere as he has proved before...

Anyways, he said the Suns made the deal today because there were a good number of teams after Jackson, and they didn't want the ante upped anymore.

He says he knows for a fact that SA, Dallas, Miami and LAL were trying to get him within the past few days.

That could at least explain why it happened before this game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
I know it is Gambo, but he does have a source somewhere as he has proved before...

Anyways, he said the Suns made the deal today because there were a good number of teams after Jackson, and they didn't want the ante upped anymore.

He says he knows for a fact that SA, Dallas, Miami and LAL were trying to get him within the past few days.

That could at least explain why it happened before this game.

Interesting. I was thinking it was a domino thing. It may still be part that. I still think this is the first part of a two part trade scenario.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I had a feeling they would acquire jimmy jackson.

Who will we sign next? We don't have 12 players on the roster I think.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Marc Stein on ESPN radio:

"The Suns are trying to pry Dalembert from the Sixers, but right now the Sixers simply aren't biting."

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Town Drunk said:
Marc Stein on ESPN radio:

"The Suns are trying to pry Dalembert from the Sixers, but right now the Sixers simply aren't biting."

I believe that the Suns might be trying to pry Dalembert from Philadelphia, but I don't believe that they are offering JJ. of course at this point that would leave them with only the Chicago draft pick, some second round draft picks, Jake Voskuhl, and/or Barbosa to offer in a deal. Even if Chicago looked like a certain lottery team that wouldn't be enough to get a deal done with the 76ers.

Joe

Reaction score
We will regret trading Lampe. LAMPE IS 19yrs OLD! I'm not happy we've lost him as i think he'll be very very good in a few years.

People have mocked the 'potential' tag line surrounding Lampe, but at 19, he has exactly that, Incredible upside which we won't benefit from.

BigBuddy

Reaction score
StopTheMadness said:
We will regret trading Lampe. LAMPE IS 19yrs OLD! I'm not happy we've lost him as i think he'll be very very good in a few years.

People have mocked the 'potential' tag line surrounding Lampe, but at 19, he has exactly that, Incredible upside which we won't benefit from.

The bad thing about trading Lampe is not that Suns lose a quality player, cause they don't. This kid would never improve without more playing time - which he would not get in Suns - and he would end up as a 9-10th player in the rotation at very best. No, letting Lampe go is not a great loss at all.
The bad news for Suns is that New Orleans seems a perfect place for Lampe to develop. He will get his minutes and gain NBA experience, which he lacks in the most, and will probably become a very nice rotation player - maybe even a starter. That trade doesn't weaken Suns, but it makes their opponents stronger.
Good move both for Lampe and the Hornets.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
StopTheMadness said:

I'm still not sure I like that they traded Lampe, but my heart isn't exactly broken either. Unless he became a big part of the rotation by next year I'm pretty sure he was going to leave for a place he could get more playing time.

Joe Mama

King A

Registered
Reaction score
all of our ex-guys played last night for new orleans.
now:

lampe: 15 min, 3 rebs, 1-4 fg, 2 pts
vroman: 12 min, 2 rebs, 2 pts
casey: 32 min, 7 rebs, 7 assts, 9 pts, 2-9 fg

nice stat line from casey except for shooting, and those guys seem to get playing time over there, though NO lost with 29 i don't think there was 12 mins of garbage time