Casey going to Hornets

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
why does it have to be jj for sammy?

why not q and his 9 3's/game?

philly's got ton's of bad contracts, we eat 1 and we have a title contending team as is.

add brian skinner (4.5M) or todd maccullugh (5.9M) to sammy and you have a deal that would work for q + chi pick. in addition, i think that's fair: we lose a good young player with a decent contract, a potential top 10 pick (most likely top 15) and eat a salary for a legit big man who jim obrien apparently doesn't like (but mgmt does).

philly has
ai
jj
andre
kenny thomas
marc jackson (was starting for them anyways)
+pick

phoenix has
nash/barbosa/
johnson/jackson
marion/jackson
amare/voshkul
dalembert/hunter

philly is better, suns=title contenders NOW.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
DAL's 2005 2nd rounder

LOL, good thing the Suns held out for that valuable trinket.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
I agree. Thus I don't see Iggy as a stretch in the trade. I mean, the Sixers would be getting a PROVEN player in JJ. Plus, even if we may not think JJ is that good, I think his stock is very high right now. A top PG/SG from one of the top NBA teams, especially one that showed it could score lots of points. The skinny in 76er land is they NEED a proven scorer to help AI with the offensive load. They have been looking for a two for several seasons now. Thus there is an urge from the Sixers to get a guy they feel will be the "answer" for AI! :D

I'll say it again. There is no way Philadelphia is going to trade Dalembert and Iguodala for JJ. JJ is a restricted free agent who might cost a fortune to re-sign.

To whomever asked why the Phoenix Suns don't keep JJ and acquire Dalembert in the off-season: the Phoenix Suns will be over the salary cap. Assuming the rules stay about the same under the new CBA the best the Suns could offer would be the mid-level exception around $5 million. That would get matched by Philly in a heartbeat.

I would love to get Dalembert. I just hate the fact that he is a restricted free agent. If Dalembert performed well and showed that he was worth trading JJ in the first place he would get a big-time offer this coming summer.

Joe Mama

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
elindholm said:
DAL's 2005 2nd rounder

Yeah, we can draft Jackson Vroman's brother with that one! :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I'll say it again. There is no way Philadelphia is going to trade Dalembert and Iguodala for JJ. JJ is a restricted free agent who might cost a fortune to re-sign.

To whomever asked why the Phoenix Suns don't keep JJ and acquire Dalembert in the off-season: the Phoenix Suns will be over the salary cap. Assuming the rules stay about the same under the new CBA the best the Suns could offer would be the mid-level exception around $5 million. That would get matched by Philly in a heartbeat.

I would love to get Dalembert. I just hate the fact that he is a restricted free agent. If Dalembert performed well and showed that he was worth trading JJ in the first place he would get a big-time offer this coming summer.

Joe Mama

But Joe, NOW we have Dallas' 2005 2cnd rounder to throw into the deal! No way Philly turns THAT down! :)

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
NO waived Junior Harrington to make room for people. We should try and pick him up on a 10 day instead of Smush :p

Man if New Orleans waives you, then you can pretty much assume you will never make an NBA squad. :wave:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing that keeps being said in here, is that JJ is our back up PG, so we don't trade him. Jim Jackson plays b/u PG, too. I've seen him do it before in games. :D

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might be a very pathetic suggestion, but I am wondering if the Suns would be interested in trying to pry the disgruntled Alonzo Mourning away from the Raptors.....

The Raptors probably wouldnt demand much (perhaps 2 of the 3 2nd rounders the Suns have recently amassed) since he refuses to play in Toronto to begin with.....

I know the Suns would obviously have to rework his contract, but Mournings inside presence would definitely be welcomed.....

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
elindholm said:
DAL's 2005 2nd rounder

Woo hoo ... we're really stockpiling the 2nd round picks now!!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns will open 2 roster spots with this. They will sign Paul Shirley who will most likely be as effective as Vroman/Lampe. What's the point of dividing the minutes they got anyway?

They will leave the other roster spot open until the end of Feb. To me it sounds like they are making room for Milos. Does anyone know when the Euroleagues end?

cly2tw

Reaction score
Instead JJ, we could also offer Marion + Jake for Dalembert and Robinson. If we aim to play big with Amare/Dalembert, Marion is gonna to be sf again at which he is replaceable with JJ who is supposedly gonna get about the MLE kind of money in the offseason.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
What the F. We gave up a legitimate 3 point shooter, a 7 footer that plays no D and has a nice jump shot, and hustle player who will probably be out of the league in a few years for a veteran journeyman who is not a great shooter or defender that jacks up a ton of shots and Dallas' second round pick.

What a crappy deal. I would rather have Casey hit a few spot up threes every now and again and play Lampe as our backup center behind Hunter. Get rid of that worthless pile Voskul if anything.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Well, this sucks.

I mean, it's great that the Suns are picking up veteran bench help, and this is the same package that has been offered in every homer trade scenario on this board in the last six months, but this trade is a stark admission that the Suns have lost their ability to scout talent in the draft. They've now dumped all of the prospects they've acquired in the last two years except Barbosa and Vujanic, and Barbosa might be permanently tethered to the bench now that they've added Jim Jackson.

If the Bulls make the playoffs now, I'll be really depressed. :(

JMHO, but I make the JJ-for-Dalembert trade yesterday, today or tomorrow. I'd prefer to do it tomorrow (this summer), though--the Suns will need a new distributor (Vujanic?), and they might need a new coach, too...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
JPlay said:
What the F. We gave up a legitimate 3 point shooter, a 7 footer that plays no D and has a nice jump shot, and hustle player who will probably be out of the league in a few years for a veteran journeyman who is not a great shooter or defender that jacks up a ton of shots and Dallas' second round pick.

What a crappy deal. I would rather have Casey hit a few spot up threes every now and again and play Lampe as our backup center behind Hunter. Get rid of that worthless pile Voskul if anything.

uh, the other team has to want the player you're sending them for a trade to work. the suns don't get to unilaterally make trades.

suns: hello new orleans? we're sending you voskuhl, the sausage king and a box of hot doo doo for jim jackson. thanks for playing.

hornets: wait . . .

suns: too late. deal's done. sucks for you.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
but this trade is a stark admission that the Suns have lost their ability to scout talent in the draft.

Except for that Stoudemire guy, yeah.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
Well, this sucks.
a stark admission that the Suns have lost their ability to scout talent in the draft. They've now dumped all of the prospects they've acquired in the last two years except Barbosa and Vujanic, and Barbosa might be permanently tethered to the bench now that they've added Jim Jackson.

QUOTE]

how do you figure? they gave up a mid first rounder (zarko), a late first rounder (casey) and two second rounders (lampe and the sausage king). the only real "miss" i see among those is zarko. the rest of those slots are mostly crapshoots. and granted the suns have a penchant for making late round selections, but every team goes dry on those on occasion. i don't see the indictment at all here.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The more I keep thinking about this Q still becomes a better fit in Philly and I would not be surprised to see him go. He has showcased himself well this season but I can't imagine that the Suns are that satisfied with what he brings. The trade kicker that is tied to him may be covered by the trade exeception. I would rather keep the JJ, Marion, Amare front line together.

The Chicago pick has been declining in value to the Suns but it may have more impact for Philly. My guess is that the Suns may be positioning themselves for Diener by acquiring GS 2nd rounder and that is where he is supposed to fall.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
My guess is that the Suns may be positioning themselves for Diener by acquiring GS 2nd rounder and that is where he is supposed to fall.

it's WAAAAY too early for any team to be postioning themselves for a draft pick, much less a SECOND round draft pick. you gots too much diener on the brain.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:

I'm not even going to look up the numbers. If I did it might look like CJ is a better shooter than Jimmy Jackson. In reality I think JJ (Jackson) is a better shooter. We have to remember that 99% of CJ's three-point shots are wide, wide open. Someone who is supposed to be a shooter and taking only the best shots should be kidding 45% + IMO. I think Jimmy Jackson is a sizable upgrade over CJ.

I could see the Phoenix Suns tinkering a little more with the bench and may be trying to acquire a little more size, but I don't believe they will ship any of the core players (starting 5) from a team that was 31-4 before they had to play 5 tough games with their starting point guard/MVP. I don't mind some tinkering, but I'm leery of that making any big moves.

Joe Mama

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
uh, the other team has to want the player you're sending them for a trade to work. the suns don't get to unilaterally make trades.

suns: hello new orleans? we're sending you voskuhl, the sausage king and a box of hot doo doo for jim jackson. thanks for playing.

hornets: wait . . .

suns: too late. deal's done. sucks for you.

ThAT is TOO FUNNY!! I laughed at loud at that! :D

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm not even going to look up the numbers.

I'll save you the trouble. These are over their careers.

FG%: Jackson .430, Jacobsen .399
3FG%: Jackson .363, Jacobsen .371
FT%: Jackson .824, Jacobsen .759

Throw in the fact that, as you said, Jacobsen usually has the benefit of being wide open, and I think it's pretty safe to say that Jackson is the better shooter.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
how do you figure? they gave up a mid first rounder (zarko), a late first rounder (casey) and two second rounders (lampe and the sausage king). the only real "miss" i see among those is zarko. the rest of those slots are mostly crapshoots. and granted the suns have a penchant for making late round selections, but every team goes dry on those on occasion. i don't see the indictment at all here.

Lampe and Vroman were both essentially first-rounders. There's a big difference between the #32 overall pick and the #50+ pick the Suns just acquired from Dallas.

Every team goes through tough stretches in the draft, but the Suns had a run where they simply didn't miss for about ten years. For them to dump four out of their five prospect players in two weeks is big news, as far as I'm concerned.

I still like the team's future prospects, of course, but I'm not going to have the same confidence next summer that I (falsely) bestowed on the team's choice last summer. :shrug: