Celtics at Suns 1/19

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, Reggie and the other guy are just shredding Amare. I'm sure Bayless2Buddinger thinks Reggie Miller's clueless about NBA basketball as well. :)

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 34-64 after the 2nd quarter. :rolleyes: Suns shooting 46% with 2/5 3 pointers, Celtics 57% with 2/9 3 pointers.

Suns have committed 15 turnovers (Nash & Amare have 3), Celtics 5. :rolleyes:

Suns have 1 offensive rebound, Celtics 9. :(

Suns have hit 2/4 free throws, Celtics have hit 6/10 free throws.

For the 2nd half, I'd start Dudley, Lopez, Dragic, Amundson, and Tucker. Not like they can do worse than the starters. :p

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I wanted to bang my head against the wall for the first few minutes. Then I just started laughing. I've been laughing my ass off the entire 2nd quarter, This team is so terrible that it's really, really funny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i gotta tell you, the after glow of the Cardinals game really takes the sting out of everything... even the pain in my back.

watching the first quarter of this game was laughable to me. I'm just barely listening to it in the other room as my dad yells at the TV. For Cards/Suns hybrid fans... why bother watching this team right now? All they're gonna do is try and knock you off that ridiculously ridiculous high we've been on for 3 weeks.

holy crap... I just checked the score... we're down by 30?! That's awesome. I never thought in a million years I'd say this, but...

THANK GOD FOR THE CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!

SUPER BEARD/BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
At least Shaq will have some decent stat, maybe helping the team to sell him for future good. Sigh

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Certainly, if an assistant coach like Thibodeaux can turn a poor defensive team into a good one, then a defensive-minded head coach like Terry Porter should be able to do the same, no? Of course it helps having a Garnett on your team instead of a Stoudemire.

Who says Porter was defensive minded coach? Kerr? Sarver? What in his resume points to that assumption? His brief time in Milwaukee was certainly not a display of team defense. His time as an assistant in Detroit is suspect because his tutelage was under the defensively challenged Flip Saunders. Not to mention that Detroit obviously didn't think enough of him to offer him the job, opting instead for one of their other assistants, Michael Curry.

Saying the word defense more often doesn't mean jack in a game where actions speak louder than words.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
I almost wish we would trade Shaq just so he doesn't have to play with this group of loafers. Whether we got anything out of it or not. Send him to New Orleans or Cleveland or somewhere.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
man, Reggie and the other guy are just shredding Amare. I'm sure Bayless2Buddinger thinks Reggie Miller's clueless about NBA basketball as well. :)
They are right. It's too bad Porter isnt putting him in that situation to put up those numbers. Instead we start the game by force feeding Shaq which in return, racks up turnovers and gets everyone else out of the game.

When we have started feeding Amare to start the game, everyone gets involved and then Shaq can have more room to do what he does 1 on 1.

If I was Amare I would request a trade. Simple as that. Porter wants to turn you into Marion, act like Marion and then show everyone how he wasnt properly utilized in PHX.

This whole franchise is a joke. Shaq was brought in to be a rebounder and defensive player. All he talked about is how that is what he wanted to do. Kerr talked about Dantoni needing to go because Amare isnt getting the ball nearly enough. Now we have Shaq wanting to me the man even though this team is not a good fit with Shaq as the man and we have Kerr hiring Porter who is the worst strategist ever.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
Amare is really really making Glen Davis, Powe, Scalabrine looks like all star.
Are you ****ing clueless. Powe had 1 rebound over Amare. Not one of them has done anything else with Amare on them.

They have been running all over Shaq on both ends.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So at half time, we allow the Celitcs to shoot 57%, out-rebound us 26-13 and to pick up 9 offensive rebounds, and score 64 points in the process. As bad as that may seem, this still would have been a winnable game if our offense was producing on the other end and we didn't keep turning the ball over. Sure I would love to see the Suns play solid consistent defense, but that is not something I would ever expect out of this group of players. But with all of our offensive capability to only manage 34 points at half time?

In the first half, we had as many turnovers as field goals. Don't think I've ever seen that before. Amare has 0 rebounds in 18 minutes. How is that even possible?

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
Lets talk about our trasnition defense. Lets talk about how the only two getting back are Jrich and Amare. Where is everyone else? Sitting on the other end because they are too lazy to run back.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
Amare just needs to say **** what is going on and do his own thing. Stop trying to fit in and take over. Give a big **** u to Porter and make Porter either take him out or force the rest of the team to work around Amare.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who says Porter was defensive minded coach? Kerr? Sarver? What in his resume points to that assumption? His brief time in Milwaukee was certainly not a display of team defense. His time as an assistant in Detroit is suspect because his tutelage was under the defensively challenged Flip Saunders. Not to mention that Detroit obviously didn't think enough of him to offer him the job, opting instead for one of their other assistants, Michael Curry.

Saying the word defense more often doesn't mean jack in a game where actions speak louder than words.
When I say that he is a "defensive-minded" coach, it's mostly to mock the fact that that was the purpose of Kerr brining him in. I don't know that he is, and his results certainly don't point in that direction. But Kerr had free range as to who to hire and he chose him, allegedly on the grounds that Porter was a defensive coach. So either the Suns are simply incapable of improving defensively, or Porter is just not very good at what he does (or both).

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
Are you ****ing clueless. Powe had 1 rebound over Amare. Not one of them has done anything else with Amare on them.

They have been running all over Shaq on both ends.
Thats my boy I knew you would be here before too long Mr. Amare lover.....this is going to be a rough game for you on this thread.

zod

Registered
Reaction score
We should have traded Amare for KG when we had the chance.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
In the first half, we had as many turnovers as field goals. Don't think I've ever seen that before. Amare has 0 rebounds in 18 minutes. How is that even possible?

Ya, Amare had 0, ZERO, rebound after playing 18 minutes and 17 seconds. How is that even possible?!? Ask bayless.:mulli:

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
Amare just needs to say **** what is going on and do his own thing. Stop trying to fit in and take over. Give a big **** u to Porter and make Porter either take him out or force the rest of the team to work around Amare.

That's a good recipe to rack up about 12 turnovers and spend the game on the bench with offensive foul problems the way he's been when he's forced things lately.

It used to be scary for the other team when he took it to the rack, now it's scary for us because it's a charge or lost ball 90% of the time

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05