Chargers at Cardinals MNF gameday thread 10-21-24

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm very happy for the win. I'm glad I did not watch the game, I think it might have been the worst NFL highlight video I've ever seen. The only Kyler passes it contained were the big runs by Conner and most of it was defensive highlights. Dire.

Was like watching a drunk bum beat up an even more drunk bum with one arm.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the plus side Melton led the team in tackles, which suggests he played a lot more (I assume SMB went out early). Saw he had at least one PBU too. Hopefully this seems him permanently start.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm very happy for the win. I'm glad I did not watch the game, I think it might have been the worst NFL highlight video I've ever seen. The only Kyler passes it contained were the big runs by Conner and most of it was defensive highlights. Dire.

Was like watching a drunk bum beat up an even more drunk bum with one arm.
I went to bed during halftime. Although we were up 7-6 the game was a grinder.

It was a good thing most football fans didn’t have viewing access:)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda a glass half empty person huh??? Not that you won't be proven right in your assessment but you never can tell... I kinda don't think it helped this team in any way shape or form when you have the number 4 pick in the draft and a bunch of picks because you're rebuilding and the NFL decides to schedule 5 of your first 6 games against playoff teams ( Good luck rookies lol.) that made the playoffs for the past 2 seasons.. The NY Giants are 2-5 ( with and easier first 6 weeks ) than the Cardinals and they picked 6th, don't even mention the Seahawks first 6 games smh, take a look at their schedule. They should be undefeated even after week 7.
Cardinals have had the 2nd toughest schedule to date

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QB's and WR's are a symbiotic relationship. While MHJ hasn't lit the world on fire it's clear that Kyler and this offence is holding him back.

This is evidenced in the one game where Kyler played well as a passer and the offense was on fire, and he had 2 TD's and 100+ yards. It's not MHJ limiting Kyler, it's Kyler limiting MHJ. Limiting the whole passing offense TBH.
Clear maybe to you. Not to many of the rest of us. I see the opposite on MHJ

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
QB's and WR's are a symbiotic relationship. While MHJ hasn't lit the world on fire it's clear that Kyler and this offence is holding him back.

This is evidenced in the one game where Kyler played well as a passer and the offense was on fire, and he had 2 TD's and 100+ yards. It's not MHJ limiting Kyler, it's Kyler limiting MHJ. Limiting the whole passing offense TBH.

I really don't think you can objectively say this. I see a body catching WR, who is playing at a slow game speed, dropping very catchable balls, and rarely getting separation from DBs. What I also see is a combo not on the same page, and a bunch of couch jockeys trying to convince each other that their bias represents the correct answer.

Reality is, we don't know squat, but regardless of of which opinion is correct, it sure is disappointing.