Commanders at Cardinals gameday thread 9-29-24

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Chopper, I'm not saying Kyler was great today, I'm not. I'll go with "average". If you want to say "he stunk" fine. I'm not going to argue any more.

Can you just please answer me one or two questions?

Why does a guy who's averaging 11 yards a carry not have one designed run called for him all game?

Why does the QB with the best QB rating while outside the pocket not have one roll out called for him all game?

It's DP's job to put Murray in a position to succeed. Isn't it fair to say that's not happening?
I was literally paying attention to WHEN Kyler released the ball and he's a half second late on most throws. He just doesn't see the field well enough.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Meh. You and bunch of other guys want to scapegoat Murray for the team's poor perforance, which is ridiculous.

Was Murray perfect today? No.

Did he single handedly lose the game today? No.

Could he possibly have beaten some of the four sacks with a better decision? Probably.

Could his offensive teammates played better today. Yes.

Could Petzing have called a much better game? Yes.

JFC Ouchie how many times did Petzing roll Murray out today?

Before today Murray was averaging 11 yards per carry, and how many designed run plays were there for him? NONE!

Bad, bad BAD game plan by DP.

But you want to lay it all on Murray!
Hey crimson, I don’t mischaracterize what your posts say so I’d appreciate if you try not to do the same. I am not going to use the word “lies” to avoid emotional arguments.

I have nowhere blamed the entire game on kyler. In fact, if you go through the thread you’ll see the first few posts from me were all about the defense. Then about petzig. And also about Wilson. I believe kyler may have literally been the last part of the team I criticized.

But kyler wasn’t good. You might ask why everyone is focused on discussing him. I’d say it is for a few reasons:

1. Literally everyone on the board is singing in unison about how bad the defense is. That doesn’t beget much conversation. “The defense is terrible!” “Yeah!” “Yes it is!” - there’s only so many ways you can agree with that statement.

2. Petzig - see above.

3. Kyler - the only part of a thrashing that is receiving any defense. So forget for a second he’s the QB (the most important player on any football team, and there are still questions about him in season 6), and ask yourself which topic is going to attract the most discussion? The ones upon which we all agree or the ones where there’s difference of opinion. Then ask yourself this question: how can you absolve the most important player on offense of any blame on a day where he only scored 7 points when the game was still question?

I give you credit for always standing behind kyler. I have to admit, I’ll never understand the level of loyalty some of you have to a single player. To me they’re all just pieces to entertainment. They are good or bad or mediocre. I like the way some play more than others, but I’ll have any player that I place on a shelf above all criticism. I don’t get it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You moving the goalposts?

Look, you are so obviously smarter than everybody else man. You know? It's pointless to argue with you.

You want to put it all on Murray fine. Cut Murray tomorrow and draft the Alabama kid next April. Or draft whoever. Let's see if that changes things.
What goalposts. You literally just told me that I’m ignoring empirical evidence because I don’t worship ratings. Then I provided you with ratings to prove that you’re “empirical evidence” doesn’t tell the story you claimed it did.

But continue with the personal attacks. It’s nice of you.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I was literally paying attention to WHEN Kyler released the ball and he's a half second late on most throws. He just doesn't see the field well enough.

Sigh.. Fine Krang. I doubt you give a rat's @ss about what I think but I'm disappointed in your takes tonight.

You're all out Murray. Got it.

sigh... I'll save your seat on the bandwagon. :(

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Correct, I agree! Now tell me all the great players that this offense has that it should be some unstoppable force, I’ll wait… Oline couldn’t even hold up to what everyone on here says is a horrible defense? Basically you have JC running and MJH as threats and Kyler but they decided to feature JC and not run Kyler at all, that’s in the staff period! You have to use the talent you have not say hey let’s keep him in the pocket the whole game and take sack I mean seriously this is HS level poo they are totally screwing up!
It's not always just the staff. Sometimes it is both the staff and the players.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tune is in at QB every other time we’ve been in that scenario
Yeah that would have went down well with all you bashers lol! It’s a no win situation with you lot he stayed in and owned a bad game but he was far from the reason this game was a complete blowout!

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Damn Vance Joseph over there in Denver running arguably the best defense in the league right now.

Life is hilarious.
Arians won a superbowl as soon as he got back in the league. It always start at the top.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Must have missed the historic game a few weeks ago huh, it’s cool you can see his jersey in the HOF since he was only the 2nd QB in history to have a perfect game and over 50yrds rushing in a game since the 70s lol. But that happens all the time right? It’s amazing how when guys catch the balls and do the things they are supposed to do the offense looks 100% better huh? You must have loved all the standing in the pocket terrible game plan today as it helps make this absurd case he’s not a good QB garbage easier to talk about huh? You are a fan, not a football expert I’ll leave it up to real professionals to make decisions about who’s a good QB, simpleton fans make stupid rash decisions weekly depending on a game it’s absurd!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm just jumping into the game thread, but seriously, are there people defending Kyler's play? His hold the ball, hold the ball, hold the--damn, did I just get sacked? play? We saw who Kyler was supposed to be today, and he plays on the other team.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
What goalposts. You literally just told me that I’m ignoring empirical evidence because I don’t worship ratings. Then I provided you with ratings to prove that you’re “empirical evidence” doesn’t tell the story you claimed it did.

But continue with the personal attacks. It’s nice of you.

omg, fine, I'm sorry if I offended you.

My point with the stat line was that Murray did not stink up the field today. I'm not saying he didn't contribute to the loss. I'm sure he could have played better. If you think he was awful, fine. I'm not going to argue it beyond this evening.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm just jumping into the game thread, but seriously, are there people defending Kyler's play? His hold the ball, hold the ball, hold the--damn, did I just get sacked? play? We saw who Kyler was supposed to be today, and he plays on the other team.
Oh no no no Stout, he bears no blame at all for the game today, you're going to start hurting feelings with that talk lol

Stout

Reaction score
Because he's scared. Any pass rusher gets near him and he's looking for a place to fall down, and protect himself.
Exactly. When the offensive scheme is good when the run game is clicking, when he's given a ton of time to throw, he can be lights out. Toss a little adversity his way and he often crumbles like a 10-cent watch. Sometimes he'll pull out a miracle play due to his athleticism, but more often than not he falls to pieces. How man sack yards did he leave on the field due to his inability to throw the damn ball? 30? 40?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chopper, I'm not saying Kyler was great today, I'm not. I'll go with "average". If you want to say "he stunk" fine. I'm not going to argue any more.

Can you just please answer me one or two questions?

Why does a guy who's averaging 11 yards a carry not have one designed run called for him all game?

Why does the QB with the best QB rating while outside the pocket not have one roll out called for him all game?

It's DP's job to put Murray in a position to succeed. Isn't it fair to say that's not happening?
Here is where I differ from most. I believe Kyler has more autonomy than most on here seem to think he has. So, because of that, I put more credit/blame on Kyler. I believe he makes the decisions. He chooses when to audible. He chooses when to run. He determines where to deliver the ball. That is the autonomy I know veteran QBs are given.

You ask if I think Petzing could have called more designed runs? Yes, I think he could have. But where we differ is that I don't believe he needs to. Kyler has the freedom to make that decision when he feels it is appropriate/necessary.

I would agree that it is normally a good decision to roll out mobile QBs, but if you have a backup RT who go going against a DE who is rushing to keep Kyler in the pocket, that rolls him into pressure if you are rolling to his throwing arm side. Teams are scheming Kyler to stay in the pocket and deliver the football on time. They are scheming to take away the stuff he is comfortable with. IMO, he is struggling to force defenses to change.

To your point about putting Kyler in a position to succeed...I think they are not coddling Kyler. I think they are giving him a good script to enter the game with, and then letting him control the game after that lik . He is struggling with this burden.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
It's funny to watch QBs in better situations crushing it, like Darnold and Baker, then you have HOF QBs like Aaron Rodgers, behind a pretty bad line struggling. Hell, everyone forgets Kurt Warner after his Rams years and how everyone said he sucked and was washed up, because he was behind and awful line and had a suspect playcaller and was benched.
This feels like Deandre Ayton all over again.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you watch the game because from this post it doesn’t seem like it? Where were the rollouts or runs? Zero but yeah it’s all on Kyler forgot he’s calling the plays and playing D I mean why can’t this kid get it together and do everything this is not a team sport dammit do every fuckign job yourself!

Stout

Reaction score
Did you watch the game because from this post it doesn’t seem like it? Where were the rollouts or runs? Zero but yeah it’s all on Kyler forgot he’s calling the plays and playing D I mean why can’t this kid get it together and do everything this is not a team sport dammit do every fuckign job yourself!
Did I say it's all on Kyler? I did not. Kyler is the QB. Kyler played badly. Kyler deserves blame. Simple.

IDGAF about roll outs or runs. He takes too long, panics, and takes needless sacks. That's enough for us to lose right there. Throw in bad coaching on both sides of the ball, awful defensive personnel, lack of effort, and so on, and you get a blowout.

But, yes, Kyler sucked. Deal with it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake