Commanders at Cardinals gameday thread 9-29-24

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Cleveland and Miami are all kinda tough spots as well.
True.

Crazy thing about Jacksonville is that they had two number one overall draft picks back to back years & they still look like they do now.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Fine Stout. I'm not going to concede Murray sucked today, but neither do I want to argue all week if Murray was average or awful.

It was a terrible, soul-crushing loss, and fair or not, the QB is always going to get a disproportionate share of the blame for day like today.

And, fair or not, a QB in the last year of his contract can't expect to be re-upped if his team is 6-11. I understand there's a universe where Murray is not our QB for the 2026 season.

Still, I have gallons and gallons of Kool Aid in the emergency "1-7" shelter man. I'm prepared to hold out for a looooog time. haha :)

Sucks to be us, and hope you can find something interesting to do this evening to distract you from today's super disappointing disaster!
Quick question for you. Are you not concerned that even getting beat down by 20 points, Kyler was not willing to be aggressive throwing the ball? He did not have an INT in a game they trailed 3/4s of it and by a lot. You (a QB) can be risk averse to a fault.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This feels like Deandre Ayton all over again.
Kinda, in that we finally get a #1 pick and a center and QB, two things that have eluded our two franchises. But the difference is that kyler tries. I don’t question his effort. Ayton was just soft.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Kinda, in that we finally get a #1 pick and a center and QB, two things that have eluded our two franchises. But the difference is that kyler tries. I don’t question his effort. Ayton was just soft.
I was more or less speaking on the fandom that followed Ayton. They would argue and argue that it was not Ayton’s fault but Monti’s, CP3, Booker etc and so forth. It almost seems like Kyler needs to go to another team so we can watch his same struggles elsewhere.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh fine, and that makes sense. I appreciate your thoughtful response.

To be honest, tonight's criticism of Murray (including yours) rises to the level where it offends my sense of fairness, but I understand it is a matter of perception, and that I'm in a tiny minority that thinks he played okay (not good, but at least average). It's probably foolish and pointless of me to try to moderate the criticism of him. Also, I am probably a little too emotionally invested in this one particular player, but it is what it is.

For the record, I think it's plausible the Cardinals part ways with Murray after next year. Maybe his skill set is does not fit MO, JG and DPs plan going forward. If Murray leaves, fine, I'll regret it some, but of course I'll be a huge fan of our shiny new rookie QB.

Still, and as unimaginable as it may sound, despite his performance today, I still think K1 can lead us to a championship some day. Or at least, win a championship some day. Perhaps just not with us.

Anyway, no hard feelings I hope. And hope you have a nice evening Ouchie.
You as well crimson!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Las Vegas is probably the only real spot if they are good enough to be outside the top 10 and aren't in a spot to draft a QB.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct, I agree! Now tell me all the great players that this offense has that it should be some unstoppable force, I’ll wait… Oline couldn’t even hold up to what everyone on here says is a horrible defense? Basically you have JC running and MJH as threats and Kyler but they decided to feature JC and not run Kyler at all, that’s in the staff period! You have to use the talent you have not say hey let’s keep him in the pocket the whole game and take sack I mean seriously this is HS level poo they are totally screwing up!

Losing gets old, no matter the reason. Every season seems like, wait until next season. Fans need to see a ray of sunshine.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Pittsburgh fits as well from a cap and record standpoint but Tomlin doesn't strike me as a Kyler guy. And again, I dont' see a viable QB option for AZ in that scenario, and MOnti/Gannon will want to keep their jobs.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was the last time an NFL trade was so significant it made a bad team good?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was more or less speaking on the fandom that followed Ayton. They would argue and argue that it was not Ayton’s fault but Monti’s, CP3, Booker etc and so forth. It almost seems like Kyler needs to go to another team so we can watch his same struggles elsewhere.

I thought it was very obvious that Ayton was a bum, I wanted him gone years ago, and I'm a big Kyler defender. I wonder what the Venn diagram is like across the fan base.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Quick question for you. Are you not concerned that even getting beat down by 20 points, Kyler was not willing to be aggressive throwing the ball? He did not have an INT in a game they trailed 3/4s of it and by a lot. You (a QB) can be risk averse to a fault.

Chopper man, I have to go back and rewatch the tape, but I honestly think the pass protection was pretty sh!ty today, and Kyler had very few clean pockets to throw from. I honestly don't think Kyler had time to look downfield very much during the game. But, I could be completely wrong.

And just like I said to Stout, I'm sure Murray left some yards/1st downs/points on the field today. He could have played better.