Crazy thought...don't make any trades

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe there is talent on this roster to compete next year.

I believe Amare will be a superstar next year.

I believe Shawn Marion had an off year and will play closer to his career averages.

I believe JJ will continue to evolve as a good SG.

I believe Barbosa and Vujanic deserve a chance to run the point.

I believe Lampe can be a good center, if we are patient.

I believe that our bench will be strengthened greatly by whomever we draft at #7.

I believe that the Suns will get a player that will turn out pretty good at #7.

I believe that we should not sacrifice our flexibility now in cap space and overpay for average talent.

I believe the Suns played .500 ball at the end of the season, and can play AT least at that level next year.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
:thumbup: I like our team. I would like to see a free agent big man or draft a big.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

I believe Shawn Marion had an off year and will play closer to his career averages.

I believe that our bench will be strengthened greatly by whomever we draft at #7.

I believe that we should not sacrifice our flexibility now in cap space and overpay for average talent.

I believe the Suns played .500 ball at the end of the season, and can play AT least at that level next year.

Chris,
I agree!

However, it will take Amare more than a year to be a superstar, but that is ok because we need a lot of players to improve.

JJ next year is going to break out and be more consistent. He is a 3 year player that has gone through 3 coaches, 4 different offenses, the big trade to get rid of Marbury and Hardaway, learn to play with Amare etc. It takes 3-4 years in this league to get to the level to be able to contribute every game.

I really hope they do not trade JJ for anyone this off season, I am planning on him being an all star in about 3 more years. He has all the tools to be an all star in this league.

It always amazes me how some people on this board always see the grass is greener on the other side of the fence when it comes to trading our players for others.

The suns have a great start with the 3 players Amare, JJ, & Marion, and great potential in Barbosa, Lampe, Charbaka. With the 7th pick, and Vujanic coming over they have the start of an excellent team.
If they can sign a veteran center and point guard this off season they will make the playoffs and hopefully in a couple years they will have a good chance to go far in the playoffs.

scotsman13

Reaction score
thank you, thank you, thank you.

everyone has been acting like this team has nothing going for it, and if we dont get a big name free agent then we are doomed. i feel that this couldnt be farther from the true. what i would like to see out of this team is improving our areas of weakness.

defense: because of the age of this team defense will get better just based on the fact that they have been playing for another year and know the game better.

center: i would love to see us add more of a shot blocking force in the middle. there are a number of free agents that the suns maybe able to bring in. one of the biggest things is to insure that whoever they bring in isnt to old so that they will still be here when this team reachs its pike. i also would like to see the suns resign mcdyess for a 2 year deal. he proved at the end of the year that he still has something to give and helped out.

point guard: we can draft someone if we feel they are that much they are that much better then barbosa. otherwise let barbosa continue to grow into be a point guard.

bring in some free agent to help strenghten up the bench. i think that zarko and lampe will be better off the bench this year. but we still need some solid outshooting and some strong shot blocking in the middle to help the running game.

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

I believe we should set this to music and have Whitney Houston record it.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scotsman13 said:

everyone has been acting like this team has nothing going for it, and if we dont get a big name free agent then we are doomed. i feel that this couldnt be farther from the true. what i would like to see out of this team is improving our areas of weakness.

defense: because of the age of this team defense will get better just based on the fact that they have been playing for another year and know the game better.

center: i would love to see us add more of a shot blocking force in the middle. there are a number of free agents that the suns maybe able to bring in. one of the biggest things is to insure that whoever they bring in isnt to old so that they will still be here when this team reachs its pike. i also would like to see the suns resign mcdyess for a 2 year deal. he proved at the end of the year that he still has something to give and helped out.

point guard: we can draft someone if we feel they are that much they are that much better then barbosa. otherwise let barbosa continue to grow into be a point guard.

bring in some free agent to help strenghten up the bench. i think that zarko and lampe will be better off the bench this year. but we still need some solid outshooting and some strong shot blocking in the middle to help the running game.

The "Darkside" definitely rules the Suns board.

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
The "Darkside" definitely rules the Suns board.

Yeah, that tends to happen when it takes a 2-18 finish by the Clippers to save you, by one game, from the ignominy of last place in the Conference.

It doesn’t help that the “2” in the 2-18 both came against us, in Phoenix.

Dylan

Registered
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

YES! Tell Orlando to stick it where the Sun(s) don't shine!!

Free agents.. OK cause we dont have to lose anybody on the roster.

Trades... NO.. unless it is just TOO good to pass up.

Otherwise,, just let this team develop. Cap room means you can add to a team without losing anyone. Trades, unless great deals, are the way for teams OVER the cap to build.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
capologist said:
Yeah, that tends to happen when it takes a 2-18 finish by the Clippers to save you, by one game, from the ignominy of last place in the Conference.

It doesn’t help that the “2” in the 2-18 both came against us, in Phoenix.

Well let me put this in a different perspective for you.

The person who owns these boards does not approve of the constant negativity that is on this board...nor did he on the Cardinals board. It doesn't encourage discussion or more membership.

Expect change to be coming. A lot of people on this board don't come here anymore because a select few have dominated this board with their constant negativity for too long.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
scotsman13 said:

You are wrong, wrong, wrong!

We know you dislike the acquiring of a player like Kobe because you're under the misguided notion that we are "good enough" as it is.

The rest of us that supported a Kobe Bryant acquisition possibility only supported the CHANCE to get him. As one of the top 3 or 5 players in the NBA, you have to be either naive or a fool to not want to at least attempt to lure him from the Lakers.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

The person who owns these boards does not approve of the constant negativity that is on this board...nor did he on the Cardinals board. It doesn't encourage discussion or more membership.

Expect change to be coming. A lot of people on this board don't come here anymore because a select few have dominated this board with their constant negativity for too long.

Is this a threat? Sure sounds like it! :cool:

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think several of you could lighten up. Seriously this board is too negative.

Brett10S

Reaction score
I dont think we will get much disagreement that this is a team that could compete. But with the cap situation, why not try to get someone to put them over the top?

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brett10S said:
I dont think we will get much disagreement that this is a team that could compete. But with the cap situation, why not try to get someone to put them over the top?

Well this I agree with, but I am not so sure that there is a player out there in free agency outside of Kobe that would do that. I believe next year's free agent crop is much better. In any event, the key is to find value at free agency like the nuggets did.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
I think several of you could lighten up. Seriously this board is too negative.

You suck! You're the worst moderator ever! Go back to your own board, loser! :D

(BTW, I'm just kidding Chris. Don't want to be TOO negative!) :p

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
You suck! You're the worst moderator ever! Go back to your own board, loser! :D

(BTW, I'm just kidding Chris. Don't want to be TOO negative!) :p

:) :hulk: :D :banned:

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
lets be civil. This board needs to really lighten up.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my board man. I am a Suns fan first and foremost!

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

I whole heartedly agree with the positive vibe you are trying to portray. I know and you know that we dont think everything you mentioned will happen but that they are definate possibilities that COULD happen....that should be talked about more. A "NO TRADE" scenario to me is just as pleasurable a option as anything out there. People are underestimating what we have and what we got to lose. We have a nice future if we just draft and sit back and wait a bit more.

This leads me to my next point where I think much root of the negativity comes from is a lack of patience and a underestimating of our players worth. Many fans dont want to wait on draft players to develop and for our current team to develop. They want instant gratification...they usually are content on just making the playoffs every year and if that doesnt happen then its viewed as total failure. There is one thing thats worse than missing the playoffs and thats feeling that we never have a chance at a championship. You might say "If we dont make the playoffs then how do we get to a championship?"...Its called taking a steady LONG TERM approach and not judging year to year and overreacting to it. Lets not "settle" on whatever stop-gap free agent we can get for the moment...lets not make a foolish deal where we overpay for some name brand superstar player....Lets be ahead of the curve and not behind it! We cant give in to our impulses and impatience. I'm not saying wait forever but if you look at our team now we have very good pieces in place already so it may be inevitable that we come out on top if we stay the course. Plus we still may be involved in deals...but deals that are too good to pass up instead of forced ones! We have a right to be arrogant instead of beggers...We have the youngs studs..high draft pick...and cap room. WE are in the catbirds seat...thats why many deal rumors gravitate around the Suns organization. They'll be knocking on our door believe me...if they arnt already!

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

Is that why Jerry Colengelo left? :(

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Negativity might also come from the fact that most people here aren't used to a Suns team having a chance to get the #1 pick. Most of us have been used to getting a mid-to late-first round pick all the time. It's quite disheartening to have a team you know in your heart is not that bad, but end up looking pretty horrid.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

OMG.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sly fly said:

OMG is right. Chris are you serious - is this board going to just tunr in to a happy, happy joy joy land? This team has missed the playoffs two of the last three years and hasn't gotten out of the first round with a chance to actually win since 1995 - what are we supposed to be so happy about?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Negativity might also come from the fact that most people here aren't used to a Suns team having a chance to get the #1 pick. Most of us have been used to getting a mid-to late-first round pick all the time. It's quite disheartening to have a team you know in your heart is not that bad, but end up looking pretty horrid.

I just hope people have the wisdom to grasp someday that we are the youngest team in the NBA and we had injuries/trades/coaching change to contend with. Thats no reason to act desperate and despair because we had a bad season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05