Dbacks trade news

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I also think Torrey is the Monty Williams of the Dbacks. Great coach for young guys and a team with no expectations but you need someone different to get them to the next phase of this process.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’d trade for Verlander. Performance + presence + extra year = a competitive stretch run in my opinion.
Hell, bring in both Verlander and Scherzer. Both technically have just 1 year left on their contracts so no long term money. Plus if ARZ takes on salary they shouldn't have to give up any of their Top 10 prospects.

LAD could have interest in Verlander and he would really make them a threat to ATL. Also, the chance of seeing Kate Upton at a D'Backs game is very appealing.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think Hazen will be aggressive whether it’s now or the winter. Three areas of surplus but not necessarily elite…

Major league OF’ers: Thomas, McCarthy, Fletcher, Canzone

Minor league IF’ers: Lawlar, Bliss, Alexander, Vukovich, Troy, Melendez

Minor league above-average SP’ers: Phaadt, Walston, Cecconi, Jarvis, Min-Lin

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
And Hazen continues to sit on his hands.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would at the very least want us to bring up some guys from the farm club. Not seeing that much happening. Clearly, last game using three relievers to close out the game, they know where the weakness is at.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
DBacks GM seems to be "sitting on his brains" at this point. Hope that changes in the next 24 hours or the DBacks will continue their slide back to .500.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
DBacks GM seems to be "sitting on his brains" at this point. Hope that changes in the next 24 hours or the DBacks will continue their slide back to .500.
Personally, I think they're cooked. Hazen has completely destroyed all momentum morale, by opting to do nothing thus far. The time to act was 2 weeks ago.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's not all a loss. It takes some teams a few seasons to learn to win. I think we can see with the youth we have, that this experience will be a positive for the club. It is one LONG season, and our young guys about a month in started their sprint early, and jumped out to a nice lead. Unfortunately, at the halfway mark in the season, they got winded. Next year, all these guys know they have to prep different, and play differently.

Someone posted it may be time for a new coach that has success with a more established team. That may be the case. Kinda like the Suns moving on from Monty Williams. Our GM needs to readjust. Plus our ownership group doesn't have the deep pockets we need to add real veteran top line talent. The way our ownership spending is handicapped, I expect we will continue to grow from within as much as possible. I do like they locked in Carroll long term. Maybe we can do a few more forward thinking moves like that.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E-Rod is the only name on that list worth anything. You need a front line guy for the playoffs so you can just use 4 pitchers. So much went off already for so little that I honestly doubt we do anything.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
E-Rod is the only name on that list worth anything. You need a front line guy for the playoffs so you can just use 4 pitchers. So much went off already for so little that I honestly doubt we do anything.
Live look at Hazen's secretary, because she's got nothing to do.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't care about starting pitching. I just want a closer. Possibly one we control for a few seasons.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I don't care about starting pitching. I just want a closer. Possibly one we control for a few seasons.
I'd like a starter, so they can move Davies to the bullpen. The pen needs help beyond a closer.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think we have abetter chance at bullpen and starters from the minors. I'd rather keep bringing up these highly rated pitchers we have and give them experience.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I won't blame Hazen if DET is asking for too much for Lorenzen and Rodriguez. Both of those guys are FA's and most likely aren't coming back and we all know why. I wouldn't be surprised if PIT is insisting on one of Lawlar, Jones, Melendez, Pfaadt, Walston and other pieces and that is a no deal for me for Bednar.

ARZ was a nice surprise but you don't mortgage your future for rentals who may or not help and then bolt. Sell off all the veterans who will be replaced by our youngsters next year and continue to stock pile the farm.

The only way I do any trades at this point is if teams are cool with only getting guys outside our Top 15 prospects.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We were in talks in trading for Aaron Civale. That report was over an hour ago. Aaron Civale has been traded to another team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky